You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

If Phil Jones is available for £10m and Gary Cahill for £15m then who would be the better signing ?

Jones. He's has the self-belief that Cahill lacks. Neither are better than Skrtel though so I don't see the point.

I think quite a lot will depend on what we do with Ayala regarding signing a new centreback this summer.

Even if the Greek goes, we'll be left with Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Kelly, Wilson, Ayala, and maybe even Wisdom (Europa League possibly?)

Guess we'll have to wait and see what Kenny wants to do with Agger.[/QUOTE]

Sell if we get a fair offer - £7-8m?

Rumours say he's considering retiring because of all the injuries and concerns for his long term health.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can count on him being more fit in the future. I don't really fancy Skrtel, but at least he isn't injured all the time.

Phil Jones looks world class today. Blackburn won't sell him for less than 15 Million and at that price he would be a bargain. If we are in the market for a centre half this summer he should be our number 1 choice. Future england captain is Jones.

I think quite a lot will depend on what we do with Ayala regarding signing a new centreback this summer.

Even if the Greek goes, we'll be left with Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Kelly, Wilson, Ayala, and maybe even Wisdom (Europa League possibly?)

Guess we'll have to wait and see what Kenny wants to do with Agger.[/QUOTE]

Rumours say he's considering retiring because of all the injuries and concerns for his long term health.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can count on him being more fit in the future. I don't really fancy Skrtel, but at least he isn't injured all the time.

Agger is one of the few CBs that we have that actually control the ball and bring into attack. If we are going to replace him we need someone in the same mould and not some in the Skretl mould.

I have not watched enough of Jone or Gahil to give an opinion on that.

Can anyone tell me what their weaknesses and good points are??

Guest PurpleNose

I'd sell, or release, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Aurelio, Konchesky, Darby, Insua and Degen from our defenders.

Leaving - Carragher, Skrtel, Kelly, Wilson, Ayala, Robinson, Flanagan, Johnson.

I'd be happy to just sign Enrique.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Phil Jones looks world class today. Blackburn won't sell him for less than 15 Million and at that price he would be a bargain. If we are in the market for a centre half this summer he should be our number 1 choice. Future england captain is Jones.

£15m for a player just turned 19, and has the potential to be a top class player, is pretty good value I'd say. However, £10m for a 27 year old unremarkable winger is outrageous, let alone double that figure.

I'd sell, or release, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Aurelio, Konchesky, Darby, Insua and Degen from our defenders.

Leaving - Carragher, Skrtel, Kelly, Wilson, Ayala, Robinson, Flanagan, Johnson.

I'd be happy to just sign Enrique.

The last 4 in that list are nailed on not to be here next year. I think we need a CB and LB to ensure we have the numbers to compete. I don't want the prospect of seeing Kuyt playing RB for a run of games if we have a crisis.

Guest PurpleNose
Okay, but please say that we will sign mata for £25M too.

Wouldn't mind paying £40m for the pair of them.

Mata is probably worth £35m.

Guest PurpleNose
The last 4 in that list are nailed on not to be here next year. I think we need a CB and LB to ensure we have the numbers to compete. I don't want the prospect of seeing Kuyt playing RB for a run of games if we have a crisis.

Johnson, Kelly and Flanagan should be enough for RB, no?

Johnson, Kelly and Flanagan should be enough for RB, no?

You'd think so and I hope so. Imagine our LB's are out and Kelly and Johnson are out we are down to the kids and if one of them has a problem we are into using CM's or others to cover.