You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Huang withdraws from sale process - What Next?

SpiritOfShankly

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you last sentance pretty much sums up SOS for me.

Imagine Arthur Scargill addressing his members, sorry lads we cannot go on strike to protect your jobs, any trouble would set the NUM back for years.

Graham you have lost sight of your reason for being. It's not about SOS it's about Liverpool FC and at the moment you are doing the square root of fuck all to get these cunts out of our club.

I don't doubt your motives and your endeavour but it is pissing in the wind mate.

Well put mate,fuck all the billboard adverts,or interviews on ssn and the strongly worded letters H&G aren't arsed by this money keeps coming in thats what needs to be stopped.All the above methods done what they were set out to do they got publicity about what SoS is trying to achieve now thats done can we please get the pair of twats out of our club its going to take more than letters to do that.

No dummy spitting - I'm making a valid point.

The Union members have voted against a boycott of games and the store. We're not holding ourselves out as being able to do this.

We've failed, so presumably if we are unrepresentative the Liverpool Way disapora will step in and show us how it is done?

Why wouldn't they? We're presumably unrepresentative in your eyes, you can galvanise where we can't presumably?

Or am I wrong?

TLW isn't a supporters group formed to "hold" people "to account."

SOS, apparently, is.

I think this website has done more than most.

Lets not forget that Dougie Doins and ATK were the driving force behind persuading David Moores to speak out, and Mick also managed to interview GG at the clubs academy.

The Kop Faithful - No to RBS refinance - Liverpool FC

Ah, but didn't an SOS approved journalist suggest "a couple of fans" nearly derailed this?

Wonder who that could have been.

You cannot have it both ways mate, either you are the voice of the fans or you are not. Just because this is a difficult situation don't duck and suggest internet forum members gang together. I would love to join SOS if they showed some genuine leadership. Yes leadership.

Hit these cunts in the pocket get rid of them and dissolve the organisation. Don't worry about your future relationship with the club, you were formed for one reason and one reason only. Get rid of Gillet and Hicks.

Time to get millitant.

We're not the "voice of the fans" - we've never professed this. No organisation could ever be that due to the huge differences of opinion within the supporters.

So, we're not having it both ways.

Your frustration is that the group of people that have organised and got together don't reflect your views. That's fine but don't criticise them for not reflecting your views when you can't be bothered to join and try and influence.

No dummy spitting - I'm making a valid point.

The Union members have voted against a boycott of games and the store. We're not holding ourselves out as being able to do this.

We've failed, so presumably if we are unrepresentative the Liverpool Way disapora will step in and show us how it is done?

Why wouldn't they? We're presumably unrepresentative in your eyes, you can galvanise where we can't presumably?

Or am I wrong?

How come you can mobilize hundreds for a march or a few speeches at St Georges hall but you couldn't get that number to link arms in front of the Kop.

Ah, but didn't an SOS approved journalist suggest "a couple of fans" nearly derailed this?

Wonder who that could have been.

As was always the case Moores was a detail in all of this - proof being look what happened when he was came out, it was a two week wonder.

There's no doubt (but it's immaterial and made no difference in the scheme of things) that Moores delayed coming out due to CB getting the story leaked from here.

But it's a complete red herring anyway as Moores just justified himself anyway rather than trying to lead or assist any supporter revolt.

Just to make it clear - I've no problem with what happened, it was so immaterial to the real issues.

Moores is an utter parasite - at least Graham, we can agree on something. He dodged and weaved the real issue. Twat.

As for blaming Bascombe, I think that's just an excuse to have a pop at him. It shouldn't matter who is saying what, Moores should have done what he did about 2 years previous to that.

I think this website has done more than most.

Lets not forget that Dougie Doins and ATK were the driving force behind persuading David Moores to speak out, and Mick also managed to interview GG at the clubs academy.

The Kop Faithful - No to RBS refinance - Liverpool FC

In all fairness Steve, I was there with other members of SOS. I'd never have been in a position to talk to him had I not been there as part of that SOS group.

Moores is an utter parasite - at least Graham, we can agree on something. He dodged and weaved the real issue. Twat.

As for blaming Bascombe, I think that's just an excuse to have a pop at him. It shouldn't matter who is saying what, Moores should have done what he did about 2 years previous to that.

Agreed.

But some thought Moores coming out was going to be like the second coming.

It didn't happen as quick as it would have due to a "spoiler" but as we agree - it was a nothing story anyway. An opportunity to justify himself.

Only way a boycott would work is if fans chained there selves to the gates.or a group of fans blocked every entrance so noone could get in otherwise tourists would lap it up. Also to have any effect it would need to be one of the biggest games of the season.

Only way a boy cott would work is if fans chained there selves to the gates.or a group of fans blocked every entrance so noone could get in otherwise tourists would lap it up. Also to have any effect it would need to be one of the biggest games of the season.

You really think people who have paid for a ticket plus travelling expenses are going to walk away because somebody stands in front of them requesting that they don't go in?

Simply releasing a statement hinting at direct action and potential trouble would make me stay away especially if I was taking my kids.

I am not for one minute suggesting that we get violent because that is stupid and achieves nothing.

A few hundred linking arms with everyone pre warned would be news and if I owned the club it would worry me that my asset is losing value. RBS would start to shit it if they were associated with that.

Because we have nothing to say it is true.

I think everyone agrees there are penalties for what is happening but not £2.5m per week.

Chris Bascombe wrote the article. For the good of the club, is it not worth trying to contact him to see if he has any concrete proof ?

You really think people who have paid for a ticket plus travelling expenses are going to walk away because somebody stands in front of them requesting that they don't go in?

The part that says chain the gates would stop it.