You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you send Aquilani out on loan?

RafaLaBamba

Would you sent Aquilani out on loan?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sent Aquilani out on loan?

• Yes, he will gain first team experience which will make him a better player for us in the future.
    • No, we need him here this season.

I wouldn't sell him. I'm convinced that he will come good. He's a fantastic footballer.

Where is the evidence of that? Not sure where this belief in Aquilani comes from. The guy has been an expensive disaster and we can only hope an Italian club comes in for him, hopefully offering somewhere near the ridiculous amount we spent on him. Very unlikely to happen though. We'd be lucky to get £10M for him.

Loaning him out won't benefit us in terms of him coming back a better player. I'd loan him out as a last resort to get him off the wage bill, but if he isn't in the manager's plans then we should just cut our losses and sell him.

We could loan him out and he could have a great season followed by a £15m bid next summer. But he could stink the place out and we might not get any decent offers at all.

If he's not wanted, just sell him now.

He's obviously mentally fragile at the moment and Roy doesn't think it's wise to play him when his minds not on the game completely.

His thought process is probably send him back to Italy in surroundings where he is familiar and let him rebuild his confidence from there.

Then take another look in 6/12 months depending on the loan length.

Not quite a Paul Stewart level flop, but a massive waste of money the way his Liverpool career is going at the moment if Roys decided hes out the door.

Some people say he only cost £5mill and installments, still tryna make excuses. Fact is we are tied to paying Roma £17mill + guaranteed. No matter what, we will pay at least that for this player and that is one of the biggest fuck ups we've seen as a club. Shocking in the current climate.

I'm one of the few who think she's not a very good player. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say maybe it's the pace and physical nature of the English game.

As we've got 20 million tied up in him, we should try to unlock the funds and use it wisely. Loaning him out to Italy where he is rated (and may well play well again) makes good sense to me. We need to get as much money as possible and buy somebody good (well, better, and let's face it we could get somebody better for half the price). We got stung.

I'd love to be wrong, of course. But I don't think I am.