You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick run through

a CB at LB who is too light

A RB that can't defend

A Holding CM that looses the ball and can't pass forward

An attacking CM that is being played in a position he does not excel at

2 strikers on either wings

Thanks Rafa.

Eh.

Don't recall Rafa picking the squad tonight mate.

I'm pretty sure Rafa had got to accept the limitations of what he could and could not afford.

Signings like Maxi, Jovanovic etc for free and signing people from lower leagues shows he was getting used to the restrictions.

Roy has also proved at top clubs he's out of his depth, he wasn't the right appointment, keeping Rafa would've been a better choice than getting Hodgson.

See now we're getting fucking embarrassed by man city fans, fucking disgrace.

We'll have to agree to disagree, Rafa was constantly arguing about things last season and, like it or not, there was only ever going to be one winner in that and it was not him.

We are poor but then we have a poor squad and that, in my view, is not Hodgson's fault. He would never have been my choice but we are where we are and have to get on with it. Unfortunately, games against City, Arsenal and the like will not be our yardstick this season.

We were dreadful last season and the excuses for Rafa were being made, Hodgson will get no such slack even though, by the end of August, I suspect he will be left with a squad poorer than the one Rafa had last season, all down to money pressures and nothing else. I can just imagine the reaction of some had Masch pulled tonight's stunt last season, and most of the ire would not have gone the manager's way.

That is not to excuse the performance, but to ask for consistency in judging people.

More or less the same shite that got second?

Shite tactics and no heart more like.

Not at all

Arbeloa is gone

Xabi is gone

Mascherano is basically gone

Carragher is 2 years older

Gerrard aswell

This squad isn't a patch on the 1 that was battering Madrid and United

We also had a far better gaffer back then.

Guest TK-421
Why was he chastised for not getting it to higher than seventh then?

Your every post makes me cringe.

Gotta blame someone if you've been bigging up Roy all summer.

Ngog doesnt fancy it

Doesn't fancy it? He's constantly shown for the ball, turned both Lescott and Richards inside out a different times and played a pretty big part in our best chances. In my opinion he's been our best player.

Which, for the benefit for anyone who wants to overreact to my comment, is not really much of a compliment.

Guest ShoePiss

Well it's hard to understand why a change wasn't made at halftime or shortly after. The system employed didn't work at all in the first half, no idea what they saw that made them think they should stick with it.

3-0 78' and making a change is a waste of time if you want to win the game, I suppose resting Torres is the only reason.

Fuck the both of youse. Benitez has left this squad in a mighty big mess.

If you can't see it you're a tit.

Benitez made terrible signings in the last two seasons.

However if you can't acknowledge the fact we've invested nothing in the playing squad for the same period and blame the owners as well then you're only telling half of a fucking shitty story

How all you little bitches called for Rafa to go, called 60 min subs the death of us, believed we were dead certs to get a world class manager because 'we're Liverpool, had a go at zonal marking. You got what you wished for, you inbred ingrowing toenails,

Careful what you wish for, you soft cunts.

Difference from last season is that Benitez would have played 2 holding midfielders, had a bi more of the ball, much a bit less space, and then lost 0-1.

More evidence, if needed, that there is more to attacking football than just playing 2 up front.