You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Martin Broughton

Trucker Paddy

In 2007 the LFC board was not the same as the boards of the holding companies. Parry and Moores weren't on the board of anything higher up the chain than LFC. The holding companies were under the control, 50-50, of the Hicks and Gillett families.

In 2010 the boards of Kop Football and Kop Football (Holding) are made up of the same members as that of the LFC company. Broughton, Hicks, Gillett, Purslow, Ayre. Nash doesn't have voting rights.

This situation came about as part of the deals done to get the finance extended, in particular this 12-month extension that came when Broughton came in. This means that if Hicks was the only member of the board who wanted to block a sale he could be overruled quite easily.

Doesnt work that way

You might get the board to agree the sale but as a 50% shareholder he can block it Any take over deal has to be done with the shareholders consent it is the basis of company law.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt work that way

You might get the board to agree the sale but as a 50% shareholder he can block it Any take over deal has to be done with the shareholders consent it is the basis of company law.

Nick what do you think broughtons appointment is all about, is he a part of this bullshit or has hicks fucked him over, I dont believe a man of his standing and reputation would have agreed to sell the club without a minimum sale price, and i believe he's been conned by that cunt hicks and should resign and spill the beans, I'm not been smart what do you think has gone on.

Broughton, RBS or whoever can not force Hicks and Gillett to sell the club at a certain price.

They can advise them but thats as far as it will go.

There is also no way Ayre has the same voting rights as the owners.

Hicks and Gillett have the final say on matters concerning the club with Broughton rumoured to have a casting vote if Hicks and Gillett fail to agree.

The only way RBS can have any say is if they refuse to extend the loan any further and therefore ask for their money back or seize the club.

Broughton said he expected the club to be sold before the end of the year so whilst we are still quite a few months away from that i can't see him taking any action regards resigning just yet.

Two interested buyers have departed from their interest in the club due to the hostility of Hicks.

If he had no more power then the others then the interested buyers would have just ignored him and as long as they made an offer which was acceptable submitted it to the board for them to agree on.

Instead due to Hicks they walked away.

Why would they do so if he could quite easily be outvoted 4-1.

I seriously believe RBS will never call in the loan, they will not want to be seen as the bank who sent LFC into Administration.

Bad publicity

We can pay our debts it may take selling our assets to do it so we wont go into admin, but if RBS refuse to refinance they'll sell up, no financial institution will touch that texan devil again.

Two interested buyers have departed from their interest in the club due to the hostility of Hicks.

If he had no more power then the others then the interested buyers would have just ignored him and as long as they made an offer which was acceptable submitted it to the board for them to agree on.

Instead due to Hicks they walked away.

Why would they do so if he could quite easily be outvoted 4-1.

Is correct Real Red is talking shit about a subject he knows nothing about

He doesn't own Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited.

A holding company does. And that holding company only has 2/5 representation now from the Hicks and Gillett families.

You still dont get it

in extremely simple terms any deal agreed has to be approved by the shareholders Its company law. its that simple

I think it's beyond dispute that we can't.

G&H failed to meet their payment on the loan(s) this spring, which is why RBS had Broughton come in to administer the sale of the club.

If your gona quote my post quote the whole lot of it, we wont go into administration because as things stand our assets(players and commercial deals) cover our debts, thats why we wont go into administration, when our assets cant cover our debts i.e. Pompey and Leeds then we're in administration.

Don't trust Boughtman as far as I could kick him.

With regards to RBS, what they can do is keep covering more of the debt with personal guarantees. I don't think that fat cunt Hicks will have the assets or cash in the bank to cover this if the loan gets called.

Hahahahaha! realRed proving he knows fuck all about this club. Dream on muppet.

The owners (there's one clue for you right there!) can do what they want with the club providing they observe directors responsibility.

They 'own' the club 50 / 50 each. They both have to agree to a sale or it doesnt happen.

I could give you more info but what's the point? You've shown you wont listen \ dont understand how it works.

Whether we believe what he says or not, it still is appalling he's allowed so much misinformation to fester when he could easily have made these simple comments and clarifications via LFCTV or the media more generally. In fact, with fans driven to the brink of riots, it's plain perverse.