You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

boycott arsenal game ?

sr.red79

would any of us be prepered to buy a ticket for the arsenal game and not go in the ground(i would).Was havin a nose on rawk and saw a thread asking the same and wondered how many on this forum would be prepered to do this.

p.s am not arsed if people think a boycott wont work:wallbutt:

would any of us be prepered to buy a ticket for the arsenal game and not go in the ground(i would).Was havin a nose on rawk and saw a thread asking the same and wondered how many on this forum would be prepered to do this.

Hello

Do you not see the flaw in this plan? Please tell me that this is a wind up.

so its just a visual boycott? thats like buying shirt but not wearing it

but dont you yhink a visual boycott would get big publicity in the media and get other fans heads out of the sand?

Ihad decided i wasnt giving one penny to the club until the cancer were gone and carras testemonial would be my one and only match id go to,but a big match like this,televised to millions in hundreds of countries the media couldnt ignore it,or report it as us not being arsed going the game.if enough fans are on side ill buy a ticket and not go

but dont you yhink a visual boycott would get big publicity in the media and get other fans heads out of the sand?

Ihad decided i wasnt giving one penny to the club until the cancer were gone and carras testemonial would be my one and only match id go to,but a big match like this,televised to millions in hundreds of countries the media couldnt ignore it,or report it as us not being arsed going the game.if enough fans are on side ill buy a ticket and not go

Ok, so say everyone buys a ticket but stays away and the only people in the ground are the 3000 Arsenal fans. Then what? How will the media reporting it force Hicks to drop his ridiculous asking price?

I think the idea of buying the tickets, walking in and protesting until the game kicks off, continue protesting with banners and the black shirts, then after 10 minutes every Liverpool fan vacates the stadium. 80 minutes with the stadium almost empty, saying that we won't be taken for cunts by Hicks and Gillet. Then, continue to up the pressure on them, the media will get a hold of this, and put the Yanks under more pressure.

Another idea I think is great, is anti RBS banners, pressure the bank as well.

This is a 'fucking' ridiculous idea. The Yanks won't care if we are at the game or not. They won't care if you buy tickets for games and then proceed to probe your arse with them. They will still pocket your money, and you'll merely be left sitting at home with a sore arse.

FULL OUT BOYCOT !!!! WE NO SPEAK AMERICANO STUPID YANKS

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3S4dBk4E1g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3S4dBk4E1g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Ok, so say everyone buys a ticket but stays away and the only people in the ground are the 3000 Arsenal fans. Then what? How will the media reporting it force Hicks to drop his ridiculous asking price?

I think they would end up caring what the media say BECAUSE it would hit them in their wallets.Liverpool v arsenal in front of a half empty stadium,watched on sky boxes from fans of ours all over the world who might just sit up and take notice that if we collectively to do fuck all we wont have a club to support soon.I wouldnt expect anyone to pay for a ticket every week and not go,but a high profile game like this i think its well worth trying.hopefully it would hit them in their pockets thru fans planning their once in a lifetime trip to anfield who would have spent a fortune in the club shop deciding "ah lets put anfield on hold until the club is being run by someone not bleeding our club dry"

I certainly think we should entertain this idea before rejecting it altogether

The media will up the pressure on them, bringing RBS into the fray. The Banks will do anything to avoid bad publicity after the last 2 years, look at the power of Liverpool supporters, the S*n boycott has been going strong for 21 years now, and will continue to do so. If RBS allow the club to burn, no doubt the majority of Liverpool supporters will refuse to do business with RBS and they're reputation will be damaged as a result. I know we as fans are powerless, it's RBS that hold all the cards, they must be targeted.

They couldn't care less what the media say though.

The only thing we can do to force them out is to hit them in their pockets.

Very true. They don't care about bad press at all. They ONLY (sorry for the caps) care about money. Nothing else.

They couldn't care less what the media say though.

The only thing we can do to force them out is to hit them in their pockets.

This is true but we can do other things as well.

The mass emailing and this 4th July event for example aren't hitting their pockets but still are things we should be doing.

People have been suggesting a boycott for ages and when its suggested its dismissed straight away. Think about the effect this could have. Jib the game, the owners would shit themselves, shockwaves would be spread throughout the football world and everyone will sit up and take notice.

Dont know why im bothering though, will never happen.

People have been suggesting a boycott for ages and when its suggested its dismissed straight away. Think about the effect this could have. Jib the game, the owners would shit themselves, shockwaves would be spread throughout the football world and everyone will sit up and take notice.

Dont know why im bothering though, will never happen.

I think it might this time mate if we work hard enough.judging by internet message boards in the last few weeks far more people than before seem to be entertaining the idea

sort of mate, the idea is to get everyone asking why the empty seats, although they'll get the gate money for this game it will get them thinking get rbs thinking get sponsors thinking what if they do this for real, it will get the media talkin and it may get the ball rolling cos deep down we all love to jump on a good old bandwagon;)

I think the unions boycott of the ACS scheme is the most viable I have seen

In these times I wouldn't expect people to buy a ticket and then not go people just can't afford it

if your buying a ticket you can afford it, your just showing your support in a different way mate

if your buying a ticket you can afford it, your just showing your support in a different way mate

If your buying a ticket you could probably afford to burn 30 pounds but I wouldn't ask someone to do that either

If I turned up to my missus and said Im gonna buy us two tickets at nearly 80 quid but we won't bother going I know what sort of an answer I'd get, its not fair on peoples families

You are asking them to put 35 quid in the pocket of the yanks and not get the enjoyment of actually supporting their team, its a ridiculous idea

If your buying a ticket you could probably afford to burn 30 pounds but I wouldn't ask someone to do that either

If I turned up to my missus and said Im gonna buy us two tickets at nearly 80 quid but we won't bother going I know what sort of an answer I'd get, its not fair on peoples families

You are asking them to put 35 quid in the pocket of the yanks and not get the enjoyment of actually supporting their team, its a ridiculous idea

grow a set of balls and just tell ye missus

:biggrin::biggrin:

liverpool fc is dying and most people just want to sit there and watch even if it does'nt work at least were all trying