You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Changed it myself manually it's working fine again but i don't want any comebacks so thought i'd sound out some advice. Why would it stop working? Am i best restoring it to it's default settings?

It depends how Talk Talk dish them out. If they don't assign a specific IP to be dished out to your router every time, then it's possible that they might dish the static IP that you've set out to another customer and then neither you nor them will receive any internet traffic.

If I was you, I'd set it back to dynamically assigned. It won't affect your torrents, because they know your IP address already as you're connecting from it.

Changed it myself manually it's working fine again but i don't want any comebacks so thought i'd sound out some advice. Why would it stop working? Am i best restoring it to it's default settings?

utorrent supports NAT-PMP, UPnP etc which handles all such admin type stuff automatically.

All you should need to do it enable those on the connection tab. As DS says go back to the default settings or you'll pay for it later.

20110104-mfbc-140kb.jpg

Awesome. Got through only to be cut off after about 10 seconds.

How the fuck can someone take payments from your debit card when you've got no direct debit or standing order agreement set up with them?

They put it in the T&C's that they can do so if outstanding agreements are cancelled. If they have your debit card details they can do it that way.

Only solution is to ring your bank, tell them your Debit card is lost so it's cancelled.

You then get a new Debit card with different numbers on so no money can be taken.

I was on BE for years and they were great, no traffic shaping or download limits. I then moved and switched to VM, but the traffic limitation at peak hours if you've downloaded too much previously is a pain the backside. Tried to get upgrde to the unlimited 50MB broadband- engineer came and installed a cable modem only, forgot to connect a wireless router! So no wifi, only 1 computer can connect. Multiple phone calls, varying levels of tech support, some very knowledgeable, some less so, multiple offers to call me back which never actually occurred.

Anyway, I looked at Plusnet but didn't like the idea of download limits, so for me it's BE , O2 or VM if they ever get it working.