You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mourinho? We dont want him because we live in the past

Mitch

Liverpool won't bring in Jose..too backward and living in the past

I'll tell you why - Liverpool is a club that mirrors the city, and the city has had it's head in the past since it's heyday!

THE CITY: Look at the Once great port of Liverpool (one of the biggest on earth) Did Manchester bleat and moan - NO they built a bloody ship canal to serve themselves. Then years later the Liverpool city council laughed at Manchester when they proposed building a BIGGER airport than Speke/LJL and we all know what happened..Liverpool lost it's Trade and transport links because the once great port city couldn't foresee the new age of air travel.

THE CLUB: Liverpool FC had by far the biggest fan base (could have filled Anfield 3 times over) at it's height in the 80's and were heads and shoulders ahead of the Mancs or anyone else for League titles - and what did the club do about it ???? SWEET FA. Kept the same old stadium with a tiny 45,000 capacity - DUMB F O O KIN DUMB!

Parallel that with United - a few years of success and STRAIGHT AWAY - they were in with the shovels and EXPANDING that capacity - FORWARD THINKING. Now look where they are both City and Clubs..

Time to look forward Liverpool - not back.

Walking on with hope in your hearts, does not mean holding on to the past - it means having faith and embracing the future...

I hated Jose when he was at Chelsea - and the reason was - I knew what a force he was and is!

Imagine Mourinho talking for LIVERPOOL FC - imagine the passion he has being invested into our club, imagine the relationship he would have with the KOP - dare I say it, it could come close to the great Shanks...YNWA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check your facts mate. The gates were regularly at least 10,000 below capacity at league games in the 80's.

going off at a tangent people talk about the need to 'fill' a large stadium, that isn't the case at all they only need to sell the coporate seats to make the stadium worth while.

going off at a tangent people talk about the need to 'fill' a large stadium, that isn't the case at all they only need to sell the coporate seats to make the stadium worth while.

Probably, Arsenal make more money from 3,000 corporates than they did from gate receipts at Highbury.

Probably, Arsenal make more money from 3,000 corporates than they did from gate receipts at Highbury.

While I'll be a bit picky here, the club level at Arsenal holds about 7,000 to 8,000. It is supposedly true that the club level clears more in matchday income than Highbury.

I just can't see that business model working in Liverpool. I can't see the corporate demand and therefore income that you get in London happening in a new stadium in Liverpool.

Check your facts mate. The gates were regularly at least 10,000 below capacity at league games in the 80's.

Half the city was on the rock 'n' roll.

While I'll be a bit picky here, the club level at Arsenal holds about 7,000 to 8,000. It is supposedly true that the club level clears more in matchday income than Highbury.

I just can't see that business model working in Liverpool. I can't see the corporate demand and therefore income that you get in London happening in a new stadium in Liverpool.

Me neither, London has huge opportunities for corporate hospitality that just don't exist to the same extent in Liverpool. There would be huge demand on maybe ten matches a season, but beyond that I don't see it. Our best bet is a huge capacity with as many reasonably priced tickets as possible made available so that we can regularly sell out and the club could make extra by enticing those extra supporters to spend money in the ground - better facilities, better beer that's easier to buy, better choice of food etc.

Liverpool won't bring in Jose..too backward and living in the past

I'll tell you why - Liverpool is a club that mirrors the city, and the city has had it's head in the past since it's heyday!

THE CITY: Look at the Once great port of Liverpool (one of the biggest on earth) Did Manchester bleat and moan - NO they built a bloody ship canal to serve themselves. Then years later the Liverpool city council laughed at Manchester when they proposed building a BIGGER airport than Speke/LJL and we all know what happened..Liverpool lost it's Trade and transport links because the once great port city couldn't foresee the new age of air travel.

THE CLUB: Liverpool FC had by far the biggest fan base (could have filled Anfield 3 times over) at it's height in the 80's and were heads and shoulders ahead of the Mancs or anyone else for League titles - and what did the club do about it ???? SWEET FA. Kept the same old stadium with a tiny 45,000 capacity - DUMB F O O KIN DUMB!

Parallel that with United - a few years of success and STRAIGHT AWAY - they were in with the shovels and EXPANDING that capacity - FORWARD THINKING. Now look where they are both City and Clubs..

Time to look forward Liverpool - not back.

Walking on with hope in your hearts, does not mean holding on to the past - it means having faith and embracing the future...

I hated Jose when he was at Chelsea - and the reason was - I knew what a force he was and is!

Imagine Mourinho talking for LIVERPOOL FC - imagine the passion he has being invested into our club, imagine the relationship he would have with the KOP - dare I say it, it could come close to the great Shanks...YNWA

I don't usually post but this man speaks the truth.

You guys need to wake up and take the action rather than bithcing and moaning against each other.

You should all rally behind S.O.S and act NOW or look back a few years later and regret.

This is not just about managerial issue but both on and off the pitch issues.

Do not settle for second best and content but demand the best because we were once the Greatest of all.

Sorry for the rant and now back to hiding.....

Edited by km9

Dont Utd get the corporate demand? I'm sure we would get it, especially if we had Champions League nights on offer.

Why? we had a much more successful team and im guessing it was a lot cheaper then

edit: in Benfica match programme kop n goal years, European cup game v Benfica 84/85 season, attendence 27,733, whats that all about?

Anyone else get the impression the thread-starter's a bit mental?

About halfway through the initial post I was expecting to read something like "As an Evertonian..." or "As a United fan...".

Bonkers.

I've never liked the leeds accent, must be the stink of alan smith off it. Right tosser that lad was'nt he:drool:

I don't usually post but this man speaks the truth.

You guys need to wake up and take the action rather than bithcing and moaning against each other.

You should all rally behind S.O.S and act NOW or look back a few years later and regret.

This is not just about managerial issue but both on and off the pitch issues.

Do not settle for second best and content but demand the best because we were once the Greatest of all.

Sorry for the rant and now back to hiding.....

KM, we never get a word out of you, and when you finally do speak, it's a bloody lie.

I hate Maureen more than I hate Mitch.

There are some legitimate points, but the hierarchy at Liverpool were always cautious about prostituting its name. Man Utd led the way in exploiting everything within its corporate brand, from their ground to the coke it sold ("Champions Cola", anyone?).

This is what made Liverpool's core fanbase proud: like most things we did, we were different.

It just so happened that the invention of football in 1992 coincided with Manchester becoming successful, and they milked their brand 100%, and continue to do so.

What made us different / proud has possibly made us lag behind now, and if there's one thing we can no longer be proud of is our lack of prostitution, especially in foreign lands. "Spare a copper, guv'nor?"

Thank you once again, Mr Moores.