You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking Bad Thread

chorlton

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

didnt walt say something like 'nothings stopping this train. nothing' in last weeks episode?
killing that kid will definitely piss off mike and jesse and i think walt will want rid of mike fast. leaving walt in there alone with lydia was a mistake from mike as they both now know that they want the same thing -mike and his 9 men dead. and with todd now, i think walt's found himself his new hitman who doesnt question his every move.
imagine mike and jesse vs todd and walt?

this show is fucking brilliant

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I'm with Tom on this one. Murder ain't no thing to Mike, he was the one advocating there being no witnesses.

Jesse is the only one who is liable to be an issue here I think, Walt will justify it to himself like he always does and Mike and the other kid will be just dandy about it. Jesse will need to be careful I think, the Lem comparison is a fairly good one.

I'm not sure if Mike will be 100% cool with it, don't forget about he's got that granddaughter around the same age as the dead lad. Really looking forward to Jesse's reaction though, especially if Walt is ok with the murder. It's been far too long since Walt and Jesse had a fight.

I don't think Mike will be cool with it either - especially as there is no way the kid would have been able to piece it all together.

Mike will think that Jesse can do everything Walt can - he produced a good product in Mexico. Walt will think that this Matt Damon kid will do what is necessary for him to become the drug lord he now thinks he is.

I expect Walt to move on Jesse and Skylar very soon - but he will land up on his arse. Hence going on the run and growing his hair back.

I was in stitches watching Jessie with those two. His face was a picture when she mentioned the affiar. Brilliant.

Had me in stiches the different expressions of what the fuck get me out of here Jesses face went through.

Great series that gets better season to season.

I just hope the creators of the series recognise when it is time to call it quits on it though.

IMO there just about coming to a end with the series and if they carry on with it.I feel it will devalue what they have achieved already.

Had me in stiches the different expressions of what the fuck get me out of here Jesses face went through.

Great series that gets better season to season.

I just hope the creators of the series recognise when it is time to call it quits on it though.

IMO there just about coming to a end with the series and if they carry on with it.I feel it will devalue what they have achieved already.

They've already said this is the last season, 3 more episodes of this half of this season left then another 8 in 2013.

I think it's to the credit of the writers and showrunner that they've gradually made Jesse the moral centre of the show over the five seasons as Walt has slowly slipped into megalomania. Credit to Aaron Paul too.

Walt has clearly lost it - the right thing in anybody's mind is to take the $5m and run. More than enough to leave to Skylar when the cancer finally sees him off. In the drugs business you very rarely have an "out" I would imagine that doesn't involve death or prison.

Walt has always been a "loser' in life and that is why he wants to be the drug king of New Mexico - less about Empire building, more about power and ego. It will end in tears.

episode 6 spoiler inside

i sense a crescendo a coming in the final two episodes, think walter might be on the cusp of another epic fcuk up with whatever he´s got planned. think that was definitely the last chance for mike and jesse to get away clean, they´ll probably leave it with a big question mark come the end of episode 8. jesse´s dining table chit chat was quality, this 5th series had lacked a bit on the comedy side although i can´t see too much more coming in the final two episodes, saul apart. what day are these airing in the states, sunday?

Despite it being another fantastic episode the concerns I've had previously about the pacing of the show in relation to these 8 episode 'seasons' was an annoyance throughout episode 6.

I just didn't fully buy how quickly shit went down. Actually think about where episode 5 ended and where 6 ended. How much stuff went? Grief of them, Jessie mainly, followed by Mike throwing tails, Walt/Skylar with another uncomfortably engrossing scene, Jessie and Mike wanting out, Jessie and Mike coming up with an exit plan, Walt stealing the methlomane(sp?).

That would've been over at least 3 episodes in it's normal 13 episode pace but the scenes, whilst never feeling forced or outta context, just rattled along quicker than the train they fuckin' robbed. We never got two seconds to think at all.

It ain't that much of an annoyance for us and it certainly doesn't take anything away from the show. I just don't get why they've done it. Why alter something that has worked so fuckin' well for the past few seasons? Season one was knocked down to 7 cos of the writers strike but beyond that 13 episodes has been a perfect time span for it all.

Am I the only one thinking this?!

Despite it being another fantastic episode the concerns I've had previously about the pacing of the show in relation to these 8 episode 'seasons' was an annoyance throughout episode 6.

I just didn't fully buy how quickly shit went down. Actually think about where episode 5 ended and where 6 ended. How much stuff went? Grief of them, Jessie mainly, followed by Mike throwing tails, Walt/Skylar with another uncomfortably engrossing scene, Jessie and Mike wanting out, Jessie and Mike coming up with an exit plan, Walt stealing the methlomane(sp?).

That would've been over at least 3 episodes in it's normal 13 episode pace but the scenes, whilst never feeling forced or outta context, just rattled along quicker than the train they fuckin' robbed. We never got two seconds to think at all.

It ain't that much of an annoyance for us and it certainly doesn't take anything away from the show. I just don't get why they've done it. Why alter something that has worked so fuckin' well for the past few seasons? Season one was knocked down to 7 cos of the writers strike but beyond that 13 episodes has been a perfect time span for it all.

Am I the only one thinking this?!

Yeah I definitely agree on that point, I think the writers have realised that they don't have very long to wrap up everything that they want to so while some episodes are slow they are trying to make up for it by throwing a lot in another. If they feel they can't fit it all in while keeping at the same pace as previous seasons then I'm all for episodes like the last.

it´s definitely been a bit too fast paced but like the last poster said they might just be trying to get through a lot of the story line before giving themselves more space and time to deal with their finale in more detail. one thing that´s struck me is how easily walts plans have been coming off, nearly everything has gone smoothly for him and this is adding to his notions of invincability and infallibilty. as i´ve said above i sense a big fcuk up coming and once things start to unravel i think we´ll get back to a slower pace

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd love a soapy titwank from Skylar.

Yeah I definitely agree on that point, I think the writers have realised that they don't have very long to wrap up everything that they want to so while some episodes are slow they are trying to make up for it by throwing a lot in another. If they feel they can't fit it all in while keeping at the same pace as previous seasons then I'm all for episodes like the last.

Suppose with this being the end it kinda changes shite but all through this show the tension and character depth has come from how much detail and time it has given to them all. How many other shows give someone like Marie such a niche as being a kleptomanic?

As I say though, I've not once not enjoyed an episode I've just been concerned on the pacing since the season started and that last episode brought that to the boil for me.

Episode #7 - amazing episode. I've run out of superlatives for this show.

So now Walter has to get to the 9 guys and the lawyer before the DEA do. It's about to get messy. Somewhere along the line he's going to fall foul of his new distribution partners. I'd say the big gun at the start of EP 1 is for them - the Scarface reference earlier in the season wasn't accidental.