You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well while there's a feeding frenzy going on in another thread, although I thought we could nick this 2-1 before the game started, I always suspected it would be a draw. So the result in itself isnt the b all. I still think we may just nick 4th if (and its a big if) spurs lose all three games against the top 3, citeh drop points against united and arsenal and we dont drop another point including the game against chelsea.

But, what worries me more is that clip of Torres coming off today. Torres clearly wasnt injured and neither was he exhausted. He was perplexed at coming off. gerrard's look was 'what the fuck is he doing? Ah fuck, I dont believe it.' And to cap it all, the look on lucas' face as Torres went off and NGog came on. His face said 'Fucking hell. He's taken our talisman off but at least I wont get arse raped on the forums tonight!

Seriously, if benitez hadnt lost the dressing room up to this game (and I think he has), then I think the decisions today signed his own death warrant. I really cant see any player having belief in the manager's decison process after this.

the game is up for rafa he has clearly lost the cnfidence of the players the look on gerrards face said it all where not going to get 4th therefore even we any money we had for the summer will be fuck all torres i think will be of the club is in freefall and it,s so fucking depressing i hate them yank bastards the have murdered our club hope your happy mr moores you cunt

I'm really getting fed up with the amount of wide players we have gone through since rafa has taken over. It's probably the areas that he has changed the most since he has arrived. Now I read this morning that riera, babel and benayoun are to be sold this summer. benayoun and babel have done quite well, they've had 3 years here. Most wide men get a maximum of 2 years. Kewell who was injured for about 3 years somehow managed to stay for 4 years. Now we have maxi who was a good little player 4 years ago but now looks like a slightly faster version of Kuyt. A bit like Zenden, a player past his peak. The amount of money we have wasted on wide players since rafa has arrived we could have bought two top class wide men for either side. People have been saying this for years but it needs to be addressed this summer and don't just sign another couple of 6 million pound stop gaps.

We do have Johnson, and Kelly to play RB. Johnson going froward is not far off superb imo.

We need a quality LB and keep faith in Babel even though he may be on the wrong wing.

Of course NONE of this will occur to our current manager.

We need more than 1 or 2 players as I don't think our squad is big enough.

However, I see what you mean, I'm sure a manager like Mourinho will make the players play 10-15% better than they are contributing right now.

I am happy with the players we have. Yes ideally we'd have Silva and Villa, but I can understand that we can't given our finances.

We lack some depth, especially upfront.

I don't think United or Arsenal are any better than our first eleven, plus bench. But their managers let them go out and express themselves, he doesn't restrict them, he tells them to play their game, go out and beat teams from the first whistle and more often than not - they do!

Put Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger etc managing our team and we would be challenging for the title. We certainly wouldn't be out of it by October.

I am happy with the players we have. Yes ideally we'd have Silva and Villa, but I can understand that we can't given our finances.

We lack some depth, especially upfront.

I don't think United or Arsenal are any better than our first eleven, plus bench. But their managers let them go out and express themselves, he doesn't restrict them, he tells them to play their game, go out and beat teams from the first whistle and more often than not - they do!

Put Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger etc managing our team and we would be challenging for the title. We certainly wouldn't be out of it by October.

Couldn't agree with putting out a team with an attitude to win.

However, I think we are short of quality in the team. Take Torres out, there is no one left to lead the line. We can't rely on Kuyt or Benayoun or Babel for a whole season for the wings.

Insua is crap. Aurelio is fucked.

We need a top quality striker, left back, left and right wingers. Even in central midfield, we are a bit weak. And if Johnson gets injured, we don't have another decent right back either.

Couldn't agree with putting out a team with an attitude to win.

However, I think we are short of quality in the team. Take Torres out, there is no one left to lead the line. We can't rely on Kuyt or Benayoun or Babel for a whole season for the wings.

Insua is crap. Aurelio is fucked.

We need a top quality striker, left back, left and right wingers. Even in central midfield, we are a bit weak. And if Johnson gets injured, we don't have another decent right back either.

I agree upfront and left back - certainly need improving upon.

I think the wide players are good enough (but they could be improved upon), if they were told to move and hurt teams, rather than concentrating on defending and their pro zone stats.

Yossi showed last season, if you give him freedom in a team with movement and pace he can be a match winner. I think Maxi can also do this. The problem is our manager selects the wide players on how well they can defend, rather than how threatening they are to the opposition.

Let the full backs worry about our attacking players rather than the other way round.

I agree upfront and left back - certainly need improving upon.

I think the wide players are good enough (but they could be improved upon), if they were told to move and hurt teams, rather than concentrating on defending and their pro zone stats.

Yossi showed last season, if you give him freedom in a team with movement and pace he can be a match winner. I think Maxi can also do this. The problem is our manager selects the wide players on how well they can defend, rather than how threatening they are to the opposition.

Let the full backs worry about our attacking players rather than the other way round.

Agree to an extent that our wingers will flourish if given the freedom.

However, Kuyt is Kuyt. Love him or hate him, you get a few good games and goals and quite a lot of very sub-standard performances from him. He just doesn't have the pace or skill or cross or game intelligence to be consistent over a season.

Same goes for Benayoun, except that he is a bit better in terms of ball retention. His decision making is poor, in fact very poor at times. He always takes that extra 2 secs to make a pass. Again, consistency is the question. I won't sell him though.

Not sure about Babel under a new manager. He might go either way!

Too soon to talk about Maxi I think.

Over all, I think we need 2 quality wingers along with a striker and left back. This is an absolute must in my opinion. Whether we have the money or not is another question.

Over all, I think we need 2 quality wingers along with a striker and left back. This is an absolute must in my opinion. Whether we have the money or not is another question.

Yes I agree with those areas that need improving.

I'd say Left back and striker are the amin priorities though and then after that the attacking wide players.

I'd sell Riera and Kuyt as wide players, as I think we could raise some decent funds from those pair. I would keep Babel, as he has done well recently and I also would like to see how he performed under a different manager, one who would show him more love, rather than the tough love Rafa offers.

Yes I agree with those areas that need improving.

I'd say Left back and striker are the amin priorities though and then after that the attacking wide players.

I'd sell Riera and Kuyt as wide players, as I think we could raise some decent funds from those pair. I would keep Babel, as he has done well recently and I also would like to see how he performed under a different manager, one who would show him more love, rather than the tough love Rafa offers.

Agreed.

We should be able to buy a half decent winger with money from Riera and Kuyt. Hopefully the club will provide enough to buy a striker and a left back. We will still be short over all but I think a new manager with an attitude to win will help make up some of that.

I'd be amazed if we finished in the top four now but i'm not arsed as long as we make the right changes in the summer. Today has sucked a lot out of me. This morning I was desperate for us to finish in the top four because I feared for the club if we didn't; now though, I can take one season out of it if it brings the big changes that we need.

In a playing sense, the likes of Kuyt, Lucas, Riera, El Zhar, Degen, Plessis, N'Gog, Insua etc have to go.

Agreed.

We should be able to buy a half decent winger with money from Riera and Kuyt. Hopefully the club will provide enough to buy a striker and a left back. We will still be short over all but I think a new manager with an attitude to win will help make up some of that.

:|

Our players proved last season they can challenge for the title.

Now OK we have lost Alonso, but we have upgraded Arbeloa.

A new manager should be able to make us challenge next season.

I'd be amazed if we finished in the top four now but i'm not arsed as long as we make the right changes in the summer. Today has sucked a lot out of me. This morning I was desperate for us to finish in the top four because I feared for the club if we didn't; now though, I can take one season out of it if it brings the big changes that we need.

In a playing sense, the likes of Kuyt, Lucas, Riera, El Zhar, Degen, Plessis, N'Gog, Insua etc have to go.

I agree with this - I would gladly give up the Champions League if it meant the changes were implemented in the summer.