You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Derby match Thread

Fowlers God

Guest davelfc
So true, it was a reminder of how football has lost it's passion over the last decade. A proper old school english game of pride, passion and the will to win.

It's a shame the refs can't let more go.

He was the wrong ref, it was pointed out last week he was the wrong ref. It isn't just us that has suffered by the abysmal decisions metered out each week by these imbeciles. The only teams that seem to have it their way are the ones with managers that make a lot of noise afterwards and suffer no punishment.

Yes they have a difficult job but there is technology that could make it a lot better. Until they start to use it we'll have to continue to suffer.

As far as the game goes, you would think the ref would understand it's a derby, and referee accordingly.

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
I hope we don't do anything daft like appealing the Greek's red card. It'd fail. But I sincerely hope Fellaini is retrospectively cited and punished equally. I won't hold my breath though.

Difficult one, but I would appeal it on the grounds that fellatio should have walked as well. That may not be grounds for appeal but I too think the FA should look at it and punish him.

Don't hold you breath though.

Difficult one, but I would appeal it on the grounds that fellatio should have walked as well. That may not be grounds for appeal but I too think the FA should look at it and punish him.

Don't hold you breath though.

Aye, maybe appealing would back them into a corner and force them to look at the grock's role in the incident. But I gave up trusting the FA to apply common sense a long time ago, as you say!

Guest davelfc
Aye, maybe appealing would back them into a corner and force them to look at the grock's role in the incident. But I gave up trusting the FA to apply common sense a long time ago, as you say!

The studs in Benayoun's back incident last season against chelsea killed off any remaining trust I had in the FA to act. No matter what excuse they made as to why they ignored that assault, you just know had it been a Liverpool player on a chelsea player, the result would have been different.

So true, it was a reminder of how football has lost it's passion over the last decade. A proper old school english game of pride, passion and the will to win.

It's a shame the refs can't let more go.

You know now that the dust has settled a bit and I,ve had chance to reflect.

I think the most satisfying thing about yesterday was not just the win,

but the way we met fire with fire.

So many times in the past we,ve let these pricks bully us, but they,ll go into Finch Farm tomorrow licking their wounds and counting their bruises, and that gives me a warm glow.

You know now that the dust has settled a bit and I,ve had chance to reflect.

I think the most satisfying thing about yesterday was not just the win,

but the way we met fire with fire.

So many times in the past we,ve let these pricks bully us, but they,ll go into Finch Farm tomorrow licking their wounds and counting their bruises, and that gives me a warm glow.

Exactly.

We didn't play pretty football, but it was one of those fixtures when the players were like, "Right... I've got you now, you bitterblue cunt."

Carragher twatting that little South African prick in the first minute of play really set the tone for the match.

That match helped me feel a bit of the passion that the club hierarchy has stolen.

Guest davelfc
Loved the way for every 60/40 ball our player would absolutely fucking hammer it, I'm sure Pepe must have knocked it out for a goal kick when he came out to beat Saha with the secondary intention of twatting him in the face with the ball or his foot. Everyone was at it.

Pepe, Carra and Mascherano. You got the feeling they'd run through a brick wall to kick that ball.

Pepe, Carra and Mascherano. You got the feeling they'd run through a brick wall to kick that ball.

Add Lucas to that. I thought he was excellent in the 2nd half. In fact, everyone bar Babel aquitted themselves well. The game kind of passed Maxi by but it was like a Sunday league game so he can be excused for that.

Thought the lads did really well consering they were down to 10 men for most of the match. Boss atmosphere as well. Plus, as soon as i got out of the ground i got a message saying we'd got the house we were after. Brilliant day all round.

I've sometimes had a grudging respect for Moyes as a manager.

But not after that.

A ball-less, souless, spiritless bunch of fucking thugs.

To turn the game into a fucking battle only to realise that half your team haven't got the bollocks for it and to not even have the ability to make your extra man count.?

From Joe Royle's Dogs of War to Moyes' fucking poodles.

No wonder they're fucking bitter. If I was paying £35 a week to watch that shite I'd be pretty fucking pissed off myself.

No Torres, no confidence, ten men and we still fucking beat them.

I fucking love being a Liverpool fan.

Oh, and as I do seasonally twice a year, I had a look to see what insightful thoughts our mature friends over at bluekipper had on the game. Here's what was found. I think you'll find it balanced and reasoned.

Everton: Howard, Baines, Heitinga, Distin, Neville, Fellaini, Osman, Pienaar, Cahill, Donovan, Saha

Bench: Nash, Arteta (Fellaini), Bilyaletdinov, Anichebe (Osman), Coleman, Yakubu (Saha), Senderos

Referee: Martin Atkinson (Ron's Lad)

I would like to think I have been brought up properly, well I must have been because I have been brought up an Evertonian. My Dad didn’t like his sons to use the word hate but he would be ok us using it a couple of days of the year. So I’m going to start by saying I hate Cilla Black.

We had just one change from the Wigan game and that was Sylvain Distin came in to replace the impressive Senderos. So same again from our boys. The bench was extremely strong with Mikky and the returning Yak with their trackies on. We started brightly with 2 corners in first 3 minutes but nothing came of them

Tim sorted Lucas out with a cruncher and the little shite number 20 threw one in one Felli. There were some heavy challengers going with neither side taking any prisoners. The shite goalie was the first to make a save when he tipped a free kick from outside the box after the very ugly number 18 brought Landon down when he was on the charge for goal.

The ugly one became a little more ugly when it looked like Felli booted him in his face. Great stuff. Peanuts got himself in the game after going in over the ball to the shite. Peanuts should have walked and knobhead Carragher should have walked when he tried to get his own back.

The shite Greek centre half then decided to go over the top on Felli. It was spotted by the ref and he sent the very ugly prick off. Felli looked in a bad state, he got carried off and was replaced by our Spanish genius. It’s about time we got the rub of the green on these decisions against the shite. They have been getting away with it for years. There was no footy going on just people booting each other. Tim had a great chance in stoppage time to put us one up when Tim headed over form about 8 yards. You would have put your house on him to put it away

Half Time: the shite 0 EVERTON 0

Disaster struck when the ugly one scored from a corner in the 55th minute. We had to get our finger out and start to play. It just wasn’t happening for us and with about 20 minutes left Yak and Victor came on for Leon and Louis to shake things up a bit. The game was dying a death for the Toffeemen and we just didn’t create anything at all.

The shite captain done his usual cowardly act when he slid his studs into Peanuts while he was lying on the floor. As usual he got away with it. He just got a yellow. Yak had a snap shot with a couple of minutes left that had to be tipped over the bar and Victor burst into the box but had his cross blocked. That was all we had to show in the second half. Steven Pienaar got sent off after an aerial challenge on the gobshite captain. He went down like a bag of shite that he is. That was the last straw for us.

We didn’t perform on the day and after the performance in the second half we didn’t deserve anything from the game. We have got to dust ourselves down and forget this game. I can’t think of anybody to give the Star Man award to so I will give to Phil Neville. Don’t ask me why. I don’t know. I just want to cry.

Full Time: the shite 1 EVERTON 0

Have been in Ireland for the weekend (where I saw the second half with a rational Blue mate, so no bitterness) so have come late for the party.

I have had a look at the Kipper match thread. It appears that the irrational two-thirds of their support think we should have had five players sent off, and that we kicked and bullied them and stole their pocket money. Apparently Atkinson was all for us???!!!

Now, am I right in thinking these are the same supporters who wholeheartedly embraced Fat Head's dogs of war ethos, and actively gloried in their kick-first-play-football-later style?