You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Realist Vs the Defiants.....

WhiskeyJar

The Realist Vs The Defiant!  

125 members have voted

1. 1. The Realist Vs The Defiant!

• Liverpool are going through; normal time, extra time, pen, whatever....We are going through.
    • No way. Chelsea away, two away goals down, no chance. Too many odds stacked against us.
    • Maybe, Maybe not. Expecting a good fight though.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant see it TBH. People are making to much of the fact they conceded three against Bolton.

I don't expect us to come flying out the blocks at them trying to get an early goal, otherwise Chelsea will have a field day hitting us on the break.

I think we will just go out and play some patient probing football trying to feed Nando whilst not exerting to much energy. Chelsea will be happy to let us play like this.

I think our eyes are fixed on the league title and that's why I feel we'll play at a slower tempo.

I'm worried about the score of the tie over two legs becoming a bit of a rout TBH.

If we go through it will be on penalties, I`m pretty sure we wont win 3-0 or 4-2 after 90 minutes but 3-1 is doable.

Like others have said, the fact Bolton scored 3 and easily could have got another one as well have lifted my spirit ahead of this match now.

It always surprises me how much emotional swing there is on this board.

When we were drawing games in Jan/Feb some people wrote that we might not even finish top 4 which was always impossible.

Now we are getting good results & the pendulum has swung the other way.

Our PL title hopes are being over-stated (the Mancs have to drop points in 2 games. They only play 1 decent team, who will probably rest players & the rest of the League is shit) but at least that is a chance that is being exagerated.

Here we have absoltely no chance at all.

The Chavs are at home, with an excellent set of players & our big advantage in these games in '05-07 is now in Milan unfortunately.

It always surprises me how much emotional swing there is on this board.

When we were drawing games in Jan/Feb some people wrote that we might not even finish top 4 which was always impossible.

Now we are getting good results & the pendulum has swung the other way.

Our PL title hopes are being over-stated (the Mancs have to drop points in 2 games. They only play 1 decent team, who will probably rest players & the rest of the League is shit) but at least that is a chance that is being exagerated.

Here we have absoltely no chance at all.

The Chavs are at home, with an excellent set of players & our big advantage in these games in '05-07 is now in Milan unfortunately.

I agree there is very little chance, but how did you survive Istanbul (or any other other against the odds moments that this club makes a habit of)? I am surprised you haven't had a myocardial infarction.

There's always a chance.

I agree there is very little chance, but how did you survive Istanbul (or any other other against the odds moments that this club makes a habit of)? I am surprised you haven't had a myocardial infarction.

There's always a chance.

Haha, Good point

Yes clearly we have a chance greater than 0.

Istanbul we were over 300/1 which was probably about right

Here we are 13/1 which is an obvious sell whilst we are posting about it as if it is the opposite.

There's always a chance.

"Howard Cosell says I don't have a prayer, well mister I'm telling you ..all I need is a prayer..because if that prayer reaches the right person ..not only will George Foreman go down, mountains will fall mister." - Muhammad Ali

only total shit hosues go for the bottom option

A shithouse is somebody that gives up, somebody that doesn't even try, that concedes before hand. The middle option is for the shithouse. To try and to fail is, at least, commendable, to resign without trying is the act of a shithouse

I've gone for the bottom option.

I'd be very surprised if we pulled it off but fuck it, we're Liverpool and this is exactly the type of thing we are famous for.

Just think how rewarding it would feel to wake up on the 20th anniversary of our biggest low, with arguably one of our biggest ever highs just hours in the memory. I don't usually go for all this, 'do it for the fans' malarkey, but we should be doing it for the 96.

Fucking come on redmen!

Why do people on here like to psycho-analyse people's views and try to question their support if they have a different outlook on things?

Whoever goes for the middle option has every right to if that's what they are thinking. Deep down if you feel as though we have no chance but then vote for the top option then that's much worse than just being honest and saying we don't have a prayer, IMO.

It's not a competition, supporting Liverpool.

Why do people on here like to psycho-analyse people's views and try to question their support if they have a different outlook on things?

Whoever goes for the middle option has every right to if that's what they are thinking. Deep down if you feel as though we have no chance but then vote for the top option then that's much worse than just being honest and saying we don't have a prayer, IMO.

It's not a competition, supporting Liverpool.

I didn't psychoanalyse anybody's views but seeing as your post alludes to metacognition, thinking something doesn't equate to that thought being a) objectively correct and b) it doesn't mean that that thought is necessarily conducive with succcess. I think not therefore I will not. It's not about supporting Liverpool the most, it's about trying to harvest the healthiest attitude. My reply was a direct response to Phily who called people shithouses for voting for the bottom option.

I didn't psychoanalyse anybody's views but seeing as your post alludes to metacognition, thinking something doesn't equate to that thought being a) objectively correct and b) it doesn't mean that that thought is necessarily conducive with succcess. I think not therefore I will not. It's not about supporting Liverpool the most, it's about trying to harvest the healthiest attitude. My reply was a direct response to Phily who called people shithouses for voting for the bottom option.

I wasn't directing my post at you, I was agreeing with you.

......the point to this thread.

People tend to think its over.

Its not.

90 minutes to score three goals can be done. Alot of teams have done it before, the differences are the venue and the opposition.

I do not fear Chelsea, and I am sure our lads and Rafa dont either.

I choose the top option as I honetly think that if Liverpool bring their "A" game, we will go through.

4-1 to Liverpool after normal time.