You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That Scot twat on Shitanta

Wor Horse

What a fucking idiot.

Craig Burley is it? 'The fucks he ever acheived as a player, rips into Liverpool every week like he's Slur fucking Alex.

Do Shitanta not realise they might have to swap commentators once in a while? To offer a range and balance.

That main fella's a prick as well, we hear more about United during our games then Liverpool.

EDIT: Where did Lavine come from...

Edited by Wor Horse

Failed player. Failed pundit. Failed businessman. At least he's consistent.

Scotland Star Craig Burley's Restaurant Goes Bust

Jan 28 2008 Exclusive by Craig Mcdonald

A BUST restaurant owned by former Scotland star Craig Burley almost featured on Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, it was revealed yesterday.

It had been suggested that the TV show - where the celebrity chef tries to turn round failing businesses - might be interested in trying to save Sanctuary.

But Burley, a football pundit and nephew of new national team boss George Burley, decided to wind up the business owing cash to a string of creditors and suppliers.

Nothing like leaving other people in the shit, eh Craig?

He said: "We actually received a letter at one point suggesting Kitchen Nightmares. But by that time, it was too far down the line."

Yesterday, he blamed the collapse on staff hired to run Sanctuary while he concentrated on other interests.

Always someone else's fault. Just like when you were a fucking loser on the pitch.

He said his personal losses on the restaurant - near Burley's home in Radcliffe on Trent, Nottinghamshire - were "the best part of a couple of hundred grand or more". He added: "I thought I could make it work but it turned out to be a pain in the a***."

The former Celtic midfielder said: "I bought over the restaurant, which is very close to my house, set up a company to run it and basically put people in charge because I have other commitments.

"Let's just say it didn't work out - in a very detrimental way to my bank account. It cost me a fair chunk of money so I closed it about six months ago.

I'm gutted for you. No, really.

"It was a bit of a harsh learning curve - and an expensive learning curve. The company I set up to trade, to keep myself personally away from it, is in voluntary liquidation at the moment.

"I was advised by my accountants that that was the best way to conduct the closing down of the restaurant.

"Most of the debt is owed to myself and the matter is in the hands of the liquidators."

He added: "I just made a mistake. I've invested quite wisely down the years but I made one error thinking I could get people to run a business forme.

"I'm a wee bit disappointed in myself but, for example, I've been up doing Setanta Sports in Scotland at the weekends and have had chefs not turning up.

"There's nothing I can do about that while I'm sitting in a hotel in Glasgow waiting for an SPL game."

Burley set up a company to run the venture with his wife Sheryl.

An accountant's report issued following the collapse of the business states: "Short-termtrade picked up but continual staffing problems, together with full-time family commitments, meant that Mr and Mrs Burley were unable to dedicate as much time to the business.

"The director therefore decided the business could no longer operate and closure was unavoidable."

The total sum owed to Sanctuary creditors is listed in official documents as £292,379.01.

Chief among them is Burley himself. He's owed £220,843 by his company Craig Burley Properties, which he set up in 2005 to run the restaurant.

Other creditors owed a total of about £70,000 include the NatWest bank, Revenue and Customs and a string of suppliers.

Burley, 36, is a top pundit with Setanta, covering SPL games for the satellite broadcaster.

If 'top' is a Scottish euphamism for 'useless' then they're right.

He won 46 caps for Scotland in a successful playing career with Chelsea, Celtic and Derby.

After brief spells with Preston and Walsall, he retired from the game in 2004 to focus on business and property interests.

I think we've already established that wasn't a smart career move.

Failed player. Failed pundit. Failed businessman. At least he's consistent.

Scotland Star Craig Burley's Restaurant Goes Bust

Jan 28 2008 Exclusive by Craig Mcdonald

A BUST restaurant owned by former Scotland star Craig Burley almost featured on Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, it was revealed yesterday.

It had been suggested that the TV show - where the celebrity chef tries to turn round failing businesses - might be interested in trying to save Sanctuary.

But Burley, a football pundit and nephew of new national team boss George Burley, decided to wind up the business owing cash to a string of creditors and suppliers.

He said: "We actually received a letter at one point suggesting Kitchen Nightmares. But by that time, it was too far down the line."

Yesterday, he blamed the collapse on staff hired to run Sanctuary while he concentrated on other interests.

He said his personal losses on the restaurant - near Burley's home in Radcliffe on Trent, Nottinghamshire - were "the best part of a couple of hundred grand or more". He added: "I thought I could make it work but it turned out to be a pain in the a***."

The former Celtic midfielder said: "I bought over the restaurant, which is very close to my house, set up a company to run it and basically put people in charge because I have other commitments.

"Let's just say it didn't work out - in a very detrimental way to my bank account. It cost me a fair chunk of money so I closed it about six months ago.

"It was a bit of a harsh learning curve - and an expensive learning curve. The company I set up to trade, to keep myself personally away from it, is in voluntary liquidation at the moment.

"I was advised by my accountants that that was the best way to conduct the closing down of the restaurant.

"Most of the debt is owed to myself and the matter is in the hands of the liquidators."

He added: "I just made a mistake. I've invested quite wisely down the years but I made one error thinking I could get people to run a business forme.

"I'm a wee bit disappointed in myself but, for example, I've been up doing Setanta Sports in Scotland at the weekends and have had chefs not turning up.

"There's nothing I can do about that while I'm sitting in a hotel in Glasgow waiting for an SPL game."

Burley set up a company to run the venture with his wife Sheryl.

An accountant's report issued following the collapse of the business states: "Short-termtrade picked up but continual staffing problems, together with full-time family commitments, meant that Mr and Mrs Burley were unable to dedicate as much time to the business.

"The director therefore decided the business could no longer operate and closure was unavoidable."

The total sum owed to Sanctuary creditors is listed in official documents as £292,379.01.

Chief among them is Burley himself. He's owed £220,843 by his company Craig Burley Properties, which he set up in 2005 to run the restaurant.

Other creditors owed a total of about £70,000 include the NatWest bank, Revenue and Customs and a string of suppliers.

Burley, 36, is a top pundit with Setanta, covering SPL games for the satellite broadcaster.

He won 46 caps for Scotland in a successful playing career with Chelsea, Celtic and Derby.

After brief spells with Preston and Walsall, he retired from game in 2004 to focus on business and property interests.

haha would have loved to see Ramsey rip into Burley in that one..

I fuckin hate the commentary on shitanta and the gobshites they have in the studio... are the producers soo fuckin blind that they think they are good... fuckin idiots they need to get a grip.. Get in Eamon dunphy anyone who calls Niall Quinn a creep live on air is a leg in my books,

I thought he was a bit better last night & not getting on our case as much.

Sherwood is worse imo.

Given that he talks for probably a tenth of the time Burley does , he manages to pack in a lot of LFC-hatin'

Both tools , but Sherwood is a mechanical digger to Burley's trowel.

haha would have loved to see Ramsey rip into Burley in that one..

I fuckin hate the commentary on shitanta and the gobshites they have in the studio... are the producers soo fuckin blind that they think they are good... fuckin idiots they need to get a grip.. Get in Eamon dunphy anyone who calls Niall Quinn a creep live on air is a leg in my books,

How can anybody hate Niall Quinn?

How can anybody hate Niall Quinn?

I like watching matches live on RTE as the pundits aren't afraid to say what they feel,whether you agree with Dunphy,Giles etc.. or not they tell it straight - I mean sometimes you have to think to yourself - did he actually say that (Dunphy actually had a go at a journalist saying that He was having an affair live on tv!)

I like watching matches live on RTE as the pundits aren't afraid to say what they feel,whether you agree with Dunphy,Giles etc.. or not they tell it straight - I mean sometimes you have to think to yourself - did he actually say that (Dunphy actually had a go at a journalist saying that He was having an affair live on tv!)

I don't watch RTE, but from what a few people in work have told me, it sounds like Dunphy is just trying to be controversial now and doesn't praise anyone, just criticises for the sake of it.

I think hes the worst on tv, and takes some doing.Id rather listen to Andy Gray than this clueless muppet.

i was going to say the same thing....also its not just in our games that hes moaning constantly,in every game he works on he doesnt stop wingeing about everything and anything. a cunt of the highest order!

Apart from the first twenty minutes when he wouldn't stop going on about a few dodgy offsides against Fulham, I thought he wasn't too bad really. As mentioned, Sherwood is the bigger twat.

That really pissed me off though. The very first one he called - and subsequently based his entire, "That liner's shit" premise on - was a correct decision. He didn't notice that Zamora headed it on from the initial pass and Johnson was therefore offside. And yet he went on and on and on about it, even though he was totally wrong and it had no bearing whatsoever on the result.

The fact that it took him three attempts to identify Dossena for the first crossbar incident - despite there being two slow motion replays in front of his mush making it perfectly obvious - also irked. It's not that I expect these people to get everything right, but I do expect them to be at least able to sopt the fucking basics. How many grand do you reckon he got yesterday for going to the match and talking about it? Money for (very, in his case) old rope.