You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

His name was getting mentioned quite a bit on Sunday so thought i'd see what people think. Not sure myself but with it looking increasingly likely Benitez wont be here next season it'd be interesting to see what people think.

And if anyone thinks it's disrespectful to our current manager discussing this bear in mind it doesn't show the fans much respect to have your contract refusal splashed all over the back page on the morning of a vital game.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really think about the managerial situation until the ownership is sorted. Shit answer I know, but it's true.

That is the key answer though. The owners are offering him a contract mainly because they want some stability within the club when they talk to new investors.

That is what makes me think that Rafa will be here next season.

After Sunday i just thought a large section of the crowd had turned on him, a lot of the players didn't seem happy (Torres throwing his arms up when Mascherano inexplicably got subbed) and all the arsing round with the contract. I just felt for the first time that he wasn't going to be here next year.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!

After Sunday i just thought a large section of the crowd had turned on him, a lot of the players didn't seem happy (Torres throwing his arms up when Mascherano inexplicably got subbed) and all the arsing round with the contract. I just felt for the first time that he wasn't going to be here next year.

Poor form that from Nando if true.

Woah there Tiger. El Rojo is a quality poster and a long term valued member of the commune. Save your vitriol for more deserving people mate.

Hmm... I'm wondering if he thinks I'm arguing that its not out of order, when I'm actually arguing that its not true.

Hmm... I'm wondering if he thinks I'm arguing that its not out of order, when I'm actually arguing that its not true.

Well I did add the caveat 'if true'. Regardless, we've much bigger problems than that anyway.

Getting back to Sunday, I feel sorry for Lucas, he's on a hiding to nothing now regardless of what he does.

He's not up to the job, I reckon we can all admit that, but the groans and anger even when he had the temerity to accept a pass on Sunday were excruciating. He'd even less confidence than he started the game with by the final whistle against City.

I'll never know why Aurelio didn't start in the middle after his quality display against Porstmouth, especially since we started the Stephen Carriano at left back.