You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gillett and Hicks (ownership saga)

Antynwa

No your problem is that your Side kick Dougie Doins isn't about to back you up.

You come out with some of the smarmiest digs going and expect to get away with it

Zigackly throws it on your toes,what happens,your kecks curl up and you shit yeself and have the balls to say other posters insult you!!

Grow up ye soft Cunt,if ye can't take it,don't give it!!

What? Is that aimed at me?

That was my point. People need to make their mind up whether Wenger inherited a "great side" or he drastically changed a good side and got instant results. I have no problem with Rafa, I'd give him a 2 year deal this summer if all is well. What I have a problem with is people downgrading other peoples achievements to highlight Rafa's. Or people going over board both in criticism of Rafa or praise of him - which by the looks of things you are one.

A point could be made about Vieira being the key behind Wengers success and withouth him he has won fuck all.

That was my point. People need to make their mind up whether Wenger inherited a "great side" or he drastically changed a good side and got instant results. I have no problem with Rafa, I'd give him a 2 year deal this summer if all is well. What I have a problem with is people downgrading other peoples achievements to highlight Rafa's. Or people going over board both in criticism of Rafa or praise of him - which by the looks of things you are one.

No you said Wenger inherited as side going no where fast,i said no,the foundation where already in place in that he had a good back 5 plus he also had Bergkamp and Wright,not a bad fuckin squad to build on,a far cry from a team going no where!!

Wenger didn't inherit a great side - he inherited a good side with a great defence and was thus insulated in that whatever changes he made, the most important part of the side did not NEED changing - THAT is why what Wenger did isn't as impressive in hindsight as it appears, he left the most important part of the team untouched but STILL made enough changes to other areas to mark the team as his so no, to say he won the league with Rioch's team as you did earlier is pure fantasy;

I'm not going overboard in praise of Rafa', I KNOW he's made errors, like changing the formation to accomodate Robbie Keane instead of making a stand against his signing if as I suspect he didn't entirely agree with said signing. But nor am I going overboard in criticism of him because like Ferguson who really did make some absolutely AWFUL errors circa 1986 - 1992 before he had the side he wanted to challenge with roughly assembled - Rafa' is learning on the job and unlike Ferguson he's at least A:) Won something of REAL significance VERY early in his reign which should insulate him from criticism while he does the necessary to the team; B:) Got us challenging within FIVE years which Fergie didn't even manage for nearly 6 years and C:) Not been anywhere NEAR getting us relegated - which Fergie nearly managed Twice with United (including when WE were the League Champions in 1990). So overall, yes, I'd say Benitez' is doing more than well enough to stay and for longer than 2 years if necessary as getting us to the top will be hard enough (but I think he WILL do it) but keeping us there ahead of all the rest? Now that WILL be a big job and then some. But Benitez is clearly the man for that job as well.

I just think we should back him for the long haul as there isn't another manager who could do the Anfield job (along with all its pressures, infighting and anti LFC media bias etc) half as well as he is and to make a LASTING impact on this league nowadays you need nearly a decade or so's backing anyway. Rafa' in my view has done enough to earn that backing, can he succeed with it? We shall see soon enough I think................................

What? Is that aimed at me?

I did not get that one either, but I for one like to read your posts even if we do not always agree.

But when we do not agree I know most bases will be covered during the argument and thats what it all about for me, so dont rush anything just because some winds you up mate.

Trying to make out you are part of SoS - passionately speaking on their behalf and then being busted as a no mark Internet warrior who not a single member of the comittee knows?

Do you have to be a member of the Committee to speak on SoS behalf?

To my mind there's over 2500 members, 15 which are Committee members,i have spoken up for SoS true,but i have NEVER EVER said i was a Committee member and can I count on 1 HAND the people of the Committee i know.

So stop splitting hairs because who've just had your Arse smacked and put in your place.

And hey shit for brains tell me to my face that i'm a no mark Internet Warrior.

P.M me and we'll sort a meet out!

Ye 30a

Sorry if I lost my rag a little earlier Toxteth with you but that was because A:) I thought a couple of your arguments were silly to say the least and B:) Me and the missus are expecting another little Reds fan into the world come May and so have BOTH been rather stressed out lately while preparing for his arrival - Late night planning sessions, Baby shopping with the missus' family en masse and constant visits to chemists and doctors to get her anti sickness tablets have rather worn down my patience a little if you know what I mean? And it's just getting worse as the great days arrival draws nearer so as I said earlier, here again are my apologies for being very short with you.

Below are some quotes from Mourinho the only man to get the better of Ferguson in recent times, you can tell he's a winner, if he came to us he would expect to win the league in his first season and probably would, he would definitely win it within 5 years on the budget Rafa has had as he is not a failure when it comes to winning titles on a consistent basis.

The sad thing is it looks like Rafa is going to sign his very undeserved contract and we will be stuck with him when Mourinho comes back to England to win more trophies than he already has.

" Some managers have a big excuse when they go to a big club. They say ‘I need a lot of time to do it’. If you say this, you get protection. If you don’t win the title in the first season, or second season, you can keep saying ‘I need time’. Sometimes you stay for four or five years, keep not winning, and then keep demanding more time.

“I could never be like this. I live for the risk. I believe you can do it in the first season, and if you do not, you fail. I prefer it like this. I prefer the pressure because that’s how I live.