You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top Ten Conspiracy Theories

Plewggs

I presume that's in the wrong thread?

Was mainly looking from the angle of conspiracies within science, so thought it was best here. Did you mean the Darwin thread or something? I didn't want to post something like that in there if so, didn't think it seemed right.

How's this for a dose of weird shit? From wikileaks :

C O N F I D E N T I A L SECTION 01 OF 02 DUSHANBE 000082

SIPDIS

E.O. 12958: DECL: 1/15/2020

TAGS: PGOV PREL PHUM TI

SUBJECT: MAYOR MEETS AMBASSADOR, CONFIRMS EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFE

CLASSIFIED BY: Ken Gross, Ambassador, EXEC, DoS.

REASON: 1.4 ( B ), (d)

¶1. (C ) Summary: In a platitude-ridden meeting, Dushanbe Mayor

Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloev said upcoming elections would be free and

fair, that contributions to the Roghun Dam were voluntary, and

that the losses suffered by the United States in Afghanistan

were felt by Tajiks as their own. Ubaidulloev asked for help in

getting Tajik students admitted to Harvard University, but

effectively declined to help find a new location for an American

Corner in Dushanbe. He asserted the existence of life on other

planets, caveating this by noting that we should focus on

solving our problems on Earth. End Summary.

AFGHANISTAN

¶2. (SBU) On January 13 Ambassador called on Dushanbe Mayor and

Chairman of the upper house of Parliament Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloev

at his parliamentary office. The Mayor began the meeting with a

lengthy discourse on Afghanistan, thanking the United States for

its contributions and sacrifices there, and saying that U.S.

activities there were very important "as we enter the third

millennium and the 21st century." Ubaidulloev thought the main

task there was to build a sense of national identity among

ethnically disparate groups, and said the United States was an

example for this. He noted that "war is very dangerous", and

said "we know there is life on other planets, but we must make

peace here first."

Source : http://wikileaks.org/cable/2010/01/10DUSHANBE82.html

That's what passes for 'confirmation' in the world of the bat shit mental?

It's not weird in the slightest.

You imply that I used that as a confirmation, nice straw man there.

I simply thought it was weird and still do. If a politician saying that they know of life on other planets isn't weird to you, fair enough, but it might be to quite a few others.

You imply that I used that as a confirmation, nice straw man there.

I simply thought it was weird and still do. If a politician saying that they know of life on other planets isn't weird to you, fair enough, but it might be to quite a few others.

Politicians also think the world is flat, contraception is a sin, natural disasters are a way for god to get rid of gay people, and the world is 4,000 years old so the fact that they believe that we aren't the only planet amongst the billions in the universe that can sustain life seems like the least weird statement.

The fact it wasn't said as fact but based on an individuals belief or merely to make a point will be lost on people of your ilk.

Politicians also think the world is flat, contraception is a sin, natural disasters are a way for god to get rid of gay people, and the world is 4,000 years old so the fact that they believe that we aren't the only planet amongst the billions in the universe that can sustain life seems like the least weird statement.

The fact it wasn't said as fact but based on an individuals belief or merely to make a point will be lost on people of your ilk.

I personally just thought it was strange and didn't pretend to know why he said it. You 1) pretend you know why he did, 2) give me shit at the same time, 3) make out like I thought it was "confirmation". Maybe the subject of aliens just winds you up?

My ilk? Bullshit.

Put me on ignore if you're so fucking bothered instead of trolling me.

I personally just thought it was strange and didn't pretend to know why he said it. You 1) pretend you know why he did, 2) give me shit at the same time, 3) make out like I thought it was "confirmation". Maybe the subject of aliens just winds you up?

My ilk? Bullshit.

Put me on ignore if you're so fucking bothered instead of trolling me.

Based on your previous bullshit I wouldn't say I was too far wide of the mark.

You wouldn't have posted a throw away statement like that unless you saw it as significant and some sort of 'proof' or validation, you never do. 

Can you show me the examples of it acting counter to the will of the government, out of interest?

When they withheld the knowledge that the 911 terrorists were in the US from the FBI. Having said that, the NSA withheld information too.

But thats just a single example. I have no idea if its a general policy.

Based on your previous bullshit I wouldn't say I was too far wide of the mark.

You wouldn't have posted a throw away statement like that unless you saw it as significant and some sort of 'proof' or validation, you never do.

Nope. Personally I'm going to guess he was probably just deluded, or has been fed a load of shite. If he did genuinely know something I don't think he'd speak about it so openly like that. That's partly why I thought it was so strange. As for thinking something like that is proof, just no. I don't even know what I'd consider proof any more after reading and watching so much fakery and disinformation over the years. It'd take a lot more than a politician from Tajikistan being quoted as saying he knows we're not alone in a wikileaks cable to convince me otherwise though. There's a fair number of people interested in the subject that would even look at real government documents if there was any, real footage, etc, and still not believe it, so a wikileaks cable that only mentions the subject in passing is going to do fuck all. I might be stupid at times, but I'm not that stupid.

I still think it's weird, but if that winds you up I'm not just going to pretend I think it's normal, or that I thought I'd found the truth just to make you happy. Besides, that cable is years old, it'd be all over the place by now if it could really lead to anything, which it obviously can't, and is why it's still such an obscure thing.

The reason you wound me up so much was because I thought you were one of those people that does a Day of the Triffids thing as soon as anyone brings up the idea of aliens, etc. That just sometimes pisses me off in a big way for various reasons. Having my words and intentions twisted around is also kind of annoying I guess, but whatever, pointless getting wound up.

There's another one here from 2006. If nothing else it's good to see some fellow conspiracy nuts in power here and there :

1. © SUMMARY: Albinas Januska was appointed advisor to Prime Minister Kirkilas on November 20, ending weeks of speculation following his abrupt resignation as Undersecretary at MFA (reftel). Although he remains under a cloud of allegations, Januska appears likely to weather the storm. We expect him to be a very influential member of the PM's team, who may even help position Kirkilas to run for President. End Summary.

(U) Januska testified before the parliamentary committee twice. He breezily dismissed claims that he has inappropriate ties to the Gazprom-connected gas company Dujotekana, saying, "I am not dependent on gas, because I warm up (at home) with wood and electricity." He warned Committee members that Lithuania suffers from "the influence of cucumbers and sausages from Kedainiai," an open reference to former Labor Party leader Viktor Uspackich, who once traded in these commodities and is currently in self-imposed exile in Moscow, avoiding charges of fraud in his party's financing. Reflecting his self-image as a patriot fighting off Russian influence, he also warned of the existence of "a group of people, who are directed from the East, a group of UFOs, who are making influence from the Cosmos" adding elliptically that "there also exists a decreasing group of persons, who are trying to rationally analyze the situation and to objectively evaluate what is happening."

https://cablegatesearch.wikileaks.org/cable.php?id=06VILNIUS1050&q=ufos

Have got to love his reason for not having ties to Gazprom as well.

Love to here the science and engineering principals behind magic planes!!!

Where the fuck did you see me mention magic planes?

If you're going to make an argument against something make sure you don't arbitrarily start using straw man tactics, it just makes you look uneducated and silly.

Only it's not about belief, it's about physics, science and engineering principals.

How you can cite physics, science and engineering principles as support for the batshit insanity of the 9/11 conspiracy theories is beyond me.

This is what real physicists and engineers have to say about the attacks:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/engineering/architecture/911-myths

• Upvote 3

What exactly is your argument then?

Mole men, Government organised mass murder, Aliens, The Hulk?

If it's Government incompetency, apathy, and general ability to fuck up fair enough, I'm on board.

What the fuckity fuck are you talking about mole men, aliens & the Hulk for?

There you go again with your straw men trying to muddy the water, my statement was that the official story stinks. I'm not putting forward a theory as to the why and how.

How you can cite physics, science and engineering principles as support for the batshit insanity of the 9/11 conspiracy theories is beyond me.

This is what real physicists and engineers have to say about the attacks:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/engineering/architecture/911-myths

Pfft what do physicists and engineers know?

The 'truthers' have a couple of anthropologists, history professors a fella who was an expert in water and, more importantly, truth on their side.