You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top Ten Conspiracy Theories

Plewggs

What the fuckity fuck are you talking about mole men, aliens & the Hulk for?

There you go again with your straw men trying to muddy the water, my statement was that the official story stinks. I'm not putting forward a theory as to the why and how.

You're confusing straw man with mocking.

How you can cite physics, science and engineering principles as support for the batshit insanity of the 9/11 conspiracy theories is beyond me.This is what real physicists and engineers have to say about the attacks:http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/engineering/architecture/911-myths

Might have known you'd show up, like a bad smell.

So your saying the architects and engineers, together with airline pilots who question the official version aren't real?

Strange.

Might have known you'd show up, like a bad smell.

So your saying the architects and engineers, together with airline pilots who question the official version aren't real?

Strange.

I think Noam Chomsky's response to a similar statement covers it.

When told by a truther that the Architects and Engineers of 9/11 truth group had come to a consensus of what really happened he responded with

In fact, you’re right that there’s a consensus among a miniscule number of architects and engineers. They are not doing what scientists and engineers do when they think they’ve discovered something. What you do is write articles in scientific journals, give talks at the professional societies, go to the civil engineering department at MIT or Florida or wherever you are, and present your results, then proceed to try to convince the national academies, the professional society of physicists and civil engineers, the departments of the major universities, that you’ve discovered something. There happen to be a lot of people around who spend an hour on the internet and think they know a lot physics, but it doesn’t work like that. There’s a reason there are graduate schools in these departments.”

Guest davelfc

I have a few interesting conspiracy theories and you can read all about them in my new book, only £50 to all fucking suckers out there that cannot handle the real truth and know nothing about science because they did metalwork instead, lazy cunts.

It's interesting how a lot of these conspiracy theories share traits with the "God of the gaps" thinking of the religious.

Taking the steel in the WTC as an example, where the conspiracy theorists picked up on the fact that steel doesn't melt until it hits 2500 degrees as evidence of conspiracy, until it was pointed out to them that steel loses 90% of its strength at 1800 degrees, the temperature that the fire in the WTC hit. So they fell back on other "arguments" all as dubious as the first.

It's like, if you disprove one part of the Bible, the religious person will fall back on another, as yet not disproven aspect, until that bit is disproven.

Ultimately it comes down to obstinate blind faith in the face of contrary evidence.

• Downvote 1

What I find interesting is how CIA Alec Station deliberately withheld information from the FBI regarding the Taliban Malaysia Summit and the 911 terrorists having travel visas for the US. The NSA and the same CIA cell also failed to share critical information gathered from the Taliban HQ in Yemen.

The CIA admit they failed in this respect through a catalog of errors and the information is available in the public domain. However no investigation of this failure has been permitted. And why not? Because the CIA blocked it. The head of Alec station then went on to become ........ the head of CIA operations in Afghanistan.

The CIA failed to tell the FBI the 911 terrorists were in the States. They arrived 9 months before the attacks, phoned the HQ in Yemen on numerous occasions, opened bank accounts, undertook flying training and their passports were marked (secretly) as being terrorists. They themselves thought they were being followed.The FBI investigation after the event stated that had they known the terrorists were in the States then it would have been easy to pick them up.

People assume it takes the whole of the CIA to undertake an operation. It doesn't - it takes a cell. The cell that 'failed' made repeated mistakes to the point of it being unbelieveable unless you see it from the point of view that the mistakes were deliberate. None of the CIA members in Alec Station were reprimanded for their failure - infact some were promoted. Members of the investigative committee that later dealt with the cell were frustrated in their attempts because members of the cell couldn't remember anything. One member of the investigative committee was then later employed by a CIA sister company.

I don't know if it was a conspiracy or not and I don't think we will ever know the truth, but one crucial CIA cell fucked up incredibly badly before 911. Its almost as unforgivable as the ineffectiveness of the investigations that followed.

If you fancy a read of the facts that cover this by the way, then this book summarizes a lot of it;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Disconnecting-Dots-How-Allowed-Happen/dp/0984185852/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407620351&sr=8-1&keywords=disconnecting+the+dots

• Upvote 1

Well done Cardie. You've decided to leave me and simply switch to doing the same thing to someone else instead.

And no, quoting Chomsky isn't good enough, especially when he's not going into any details about the actual events of 9/11 there. Chomsky might be a genius for many different reasons, but it doesn't simply make him correct on every subject he comments on. Have never gone into the subject of 9/11 in detail, but you're almost tempting me to.

• Upvote 1

Well done Cardie. You've decided to leave me and simply switch to doing the same thing to someone else instead.

And no, quoting Chomsky isn't good enough, especially when he's not going into any details about the actual events of 9/11 there. Chomsky might be a genius for many different reasons, but it doesn't simply make him correct on every subject he comments on. Have never gone into the subject of 9/11 in detail, but you're almost tempting me to.

He was offering his opinion of the dribbling fucktards who make up the truth movement and the so called experts they cling to for justification, not offering a definitive verdict on them.

And I'm sure you've banged on and on about 9/11 in other threads, telling us to 'watch the videos and make your own minds up', if not please don't unless you're going to offer up something a little more enlightening and a little less dribble chinned than the video posted earlier or loose change (any of the versions where they do exactly what stronts outlined above as the versions progress.

How you can cite physics, science and engineering principles as support for the batshit insanity of the 9/11 conspiracy theories is beyond me.

This is what real physicists and engineers have to say about the attacks:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/engineering/architecture/911-myths

Ah the Hearst corporation. At least 7 or 8 of their top executives are Jewish, or at least we're 4-5 years ago. They are going to side with US government policy so I wouldn't believe a word they print.

Oh and by the way I don't believe 9/11 to be a conspiracy. Just wouldn't trust the Hearst Corp.

He was offering his opinion of the dribbling fucktards who make up the truth movement and the so called experts they cling to for justification, not offering a definitive verdict on them.

And I'm sure you've banged on and on about 9/11 in other threads, telling us to 'watch the videos and make your own minds up', if not please don't unless you're going to offer up something a little more enlightening and a little less dribble chinned than the video posted earlier or loose change (any of the versions where they do exactly what stronts outlined above as the versions progress.

I find it highly doubtful that I've never mentioned 9/11 over the years being here, but I've never specifically focused on it over any length of time, or have I properly looked at the whole thing. Have looked into parts of it at times though.

Just watched this which I was going to link anyway (you might think it's dribble chinned, etc, but fair enough if so. We're all free to have our own opinions after all.) It's nothing in depth, but there's some good points covered :

Ah the Hearst corporation. At least 7 or 8 of their top executives are Jewish, or at least we're 4-5 years ago. They are going to side with US government policy so I wouldn't believe a word they print.

Oh and by the way I don't believe 9/11 to be a conspiracy. Just wouldn't trust the Hearst Corp.

So the laws of physics are called into question because some of the staff of a magazine publisher are Jewish?

That's ludicrous, not to mention gratuitously racist.

Nice, resort to name calling because you are intellectually deficient.

Some interesting information..

-1535ºC (2795ºF) - melting point of iron

-1510ºC (2750ºF) - melting point of typical structural steel

-825ºC (1517ºF) - maximum temperature of hydrocarbon fires burning in the atmosphere without pressurization or pre-heating (premixed fuel and air - blue flame)

Diffuse flames burn far cooler.

Oxygen-starved diffuse flames are cooler yet.

The fires in the towers were diffuse -- well below 800ºC.

Their dark smoke showed they were oxygen-starved -- particularly in the South Tower.

Maximum jet fuel burn temperature is 825 Celsius.

Temperature needed to melt structural steel is 1510 Celsius.

Compare this.

On February 13, 1975, the WTC North Tower was beset by a fire, which "burned at temperatures in excess of 700°C (1,292°F) for over three hours and spread over some 65 percent of the 11th floor, including the core, caused no serious structural damage to the steel structure. In particular, no trusses needed to be replaced."

Sources: New York Times, Saturday 15th February 1975

-825ºC (1517ºF) - maximum temperature of hydrocarbon fires burning in the atmosphere without pressurization or pre-heating (premixed fuel and air - blue flame)

Their dark smoke showed they were oxygen-starved -- particularly in the South Tower.

Compare this.

On February 13, 1975, the WTC North Tower was beset by a fire, which "burned at temperatures in excess of 700°C (1,292°F) for over three hours and spread over some 65 percent of the 11th floor, including the core, caused no serious structural damage to the steel structure. In particular, no trusses needed to be replaced."

Think there's something missing from 1975.

Compare this.

For me WTC7, the George Washington Bridge situation, and the fact the airplane that hit the pentagon was mostly gone even including the engines are the most interesting things about 9/11. The fact that a war game scenario of pretty much the exact same thing was scheduled that day also raises a few red flags.

That said, structural steel starts to fail at 1,000 degrees fahrenheit, coupled with the impact it's not out of the realms of possibility that the towers collapsed in some way. That they fell straight down in a relatively "neat" implosion looking sort of way as opposed to part of either/both towers teetering over towards the impacted sides is of course very strange for me.

For me WTC7, the George Washington Bridge situation, and the fact the airplane that hit the pentagon was mostly gone even including the engines are the most interesting things about 9/11. The fact that a war game scenario of pretty much the exact same thing was scheduled that day also raises a few red flags.

That said, structural steel starts to fail at 1,000 degrees fahrenheit, coupled with the impact it's not out of the realms of possibility that the towers collapsed in some way. That they fell straight down in a relatively "neat" implosion looking sort of way as opposed to part of either/both towers teetering over towards the impacted sides is of course very strange for me.

Don't ask questions, you'll get labeled a dribble chinned fucktard.

When they withheld the knowledge that the 911 terrorists were in the US from the FBI. Having said that, the NSA withheld information too.

But thats just a single example. I have no idea if its a general policy.

That's working against the FBI not the government.

There's a reason that specific Saudi nationals found themselves on planes out of the US after 9/11 and that reason can be found in the Democratic and Republican party bank accounts.