You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone watching Barca

BRAP

Holy shite Dirk... From that Youtube video being the only time I've seen him; Sign him up.

He looks a speedy, creative, tricky little fucker with one hell of a boot.

I recorded the game. I'm just converting it to Xvid. It will be converted by tomorrow. I will upload it as a torrent. He floated in and out of the game and he's very slight but he does a couple of excellent things.

Both Piatti and Buonanotte were recommended to Juventus by Trezeguet a month or so back i think.

Neither would be cheap (in youngster terms) and both play in similar positions so I'd be suprised if it was them.

Get Ruben de la Red (22 years) from Getafe instead. I've watched about 15-20 of their games this season and he has been by far the best player in a side that is in the final of the Copa del Rey and playing against Bayern München in the quarterfinals of the UEFA Cup (drew the first game at Bayern). Besides that, they've beaten Madrid away and Barca at home.

He has excellent technique, control and vision with the ball at his feet, great dribbling skills and stamina. Besides that, he's pretty good in the air and tactically very bright - he's played across the midfield and even excelled more than once as a centreback due to injuries to other players. He got his first call-up to the Spanish national team in March (the game vs. Italy).

As you probably know, Rafa has been interested in him for quite some time and I really hope he's still following him closely. Villarreal and Madrid are reportedly interested in him as well.

Get Ruben de la Red (22 years) from Getafe instead. I've watched about 15-20 of their games this season and he has been by far the best player in a side that is in the final of the Copa del Rey and playing against Bayern München in the quarterfinals of the UEFA Cup (drew the first game at Bayern). Besides that, they've beaten Madrid away and Barca at home.

He has excellent technique, control and vision with the ball at his feet, great dribbling skills and stamina. Besides that, he's pretty good in the air and tactically very bright - he's played across the midfield and even excelled more than once as a centreback due to injuries to other players. He got his first call-up to the Spanish national team in March (the game vs. Italy).

As you probably know, Rafa has been interested in him for quite some time and I really hope he's still following him closely. Villarreal and Madrid are reportedly interested in him as well.

Madrid have a buy back clause of around £4m, so my guess is that he will go back there, if not then i agree he would be a great signing.

Madrid have a buy back clause of around £4m, so my guess is that he will go back there, if not then i agree he would be a great signing.

Yeah, I know they have, but if they decide to buy him back, we should go efter him after all. A deal involving £8m and de la Red going our way and Xabi Alonso going to Madrid has reportedly been discussed. Now, I love Xabi, but that wouldn't be a bad deal at all in my opinion.

Yeah, I know they have, but if they decide to buy him back, we should go efter him after all. A deal involving £8m and de la Red going our way and Xabi Alonso going to Madrid has reportedly been discussed. Now, I love Xabi, but that wouldn't be a bad deal at all in my opinion.

Aye I agree to that, but I doubt Madrid would buy him back just to sell him on, he seems to be a similar player to Guti, so my guess would be De La Red would be an ideal replacement for him.

I would love to see him here though, seems the type of player we lack.

(it is the type of thing I would do when i was younger on football/championship manager, buy him back then sell him instantly for a big profit)

Aye I agree to that, but I doubt Madrid would buy him back just to sell him on, he seems to be a similar player to Guti, so my guess would be De La Red would be an ideal replacement for him.

I would love to see him here though, seems the type of player we lack.

(it is the type of thing I would do when i was younger on football/championship manager, buy him back then sell him instantly for a big profit)

You could be right. However, Madrid tend to prefer big name players/signings to homegrown talent from their otherwise excellent 'cantera'. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them getting de la Red back just to include him in a deal involving a player with a bigger name like Xabi. I Hope so. De la Red has the same agent as Rafa which could help smooth a deal. De la Red is exactly what we need and would be a perfect partner to Masche. Besides, he could play in Stevie's new advanced role if requiered due to injuries, suspensions or fatigue.

You could be right. However, Madrid tend to prefer big name players/signings to homegrown talent from their otherwise excellent 'cantera'. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them getting de la Red back just to include him in a deal involving a player with a bigger name like Xabi. I Hope so. De la Red has the same agent as Rafa which could help smooth a deal. De la Red is exactly what we need and would be a perfect partner to Masche. Besides, he could play in Stevie's new advanced role if requiered due to injuries, suspensions or fatigue.

Aye rather than use the fucking superb youth setup they have over there, they would rather spend €30m on a random south american starlet to make other teams shit themselves, only works sometimes.

I agree with you there mate, lets hope we can bring him in, any idea how much he would cost from Getafe?

Aye rather than use the fucking superb youth setup they have over there, they would rather spend €30m on a random south american starlet to make other teams shit themselves, only works sometimes.

I agree with you there mate, lets hope we can bring him in, any idea how much he would cost from Getafe?

An example is Gago. Sometimes I think Real sign players just so other teams can't. They are the typical "I want one of those" team. Pisses me right off.

Let's say Xabi is in the £13m-£15m bracket, I'd think de la Red would cost about £7m-£8m.

An example is Gago. Sometimes I think Real sign players just so other teams can't. They are the typical "I want one of those" team. Pisses me right off.

Is right. There are loads of examples really. I can't believe a player like Arbeloa never got a decent chance there considering how long he stayed around waiting for his chance and the shit defenders they have had over the years. Granero from Getafe is another that is a really talented player like de la Red but they've shipped him out as well.

Is right. There are loads of examples really. I can't believe a player like Arbeloa never got a decent chance there considering how long he stayed around waiting for his chance and the shit defenders they have had over the years. Granero from Getafe is another that is a really talented player like de la Red but they've shipped him out as well.

Quality player, as is Mata at Valencia.

Rijkaard is a shit manager.

He should be getting far more out of that squad imo.

I think they won the league a couple of times cos of the players and it had very little to do with the manager.

I was watching the 'sunday supplement' and they were saying the same thing about avram grant, i.e. they are great DESPITE him. so how exactly does that work?

team is doing brilliantly = players

team is doing shit = manager

whatever :whatever:

ha ha that's quite funny

I was watching the 'sunday supplement' and they were saying the same thing about avram grant, i.e. they are great DESPITE him. so how exactly does that work?

team is doing brilliantly = players

team is doing shit = manager

whatever :whatever:

ha ha that's quite funny

If your squad is brilliant it's easier to get good results.

Barca's squad is unbelievably good and they should be doing a lot better.

I think Rafa would have Barca class at he backa nd still amazing going forward if he managed them.

If your squad is brilliant it's easier to get good results.

Barca's squad is unbelievably good and they should be doing a lot better.

I think Rafa would have Barca class at he backa nd still amazing going forward if he managed them.

Aye imagine what he could do with them.

Fuckin hell hes dropped Henry, hes playin Eto'o instead.

He could rotate his way to the treble. Rotation would so work with Barcas squad.