You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Souness, Strachan and the chimp

Paul

He said that Kuyt was born 5 miles away from where the ref is from.

I thought both Strachan and Souness looked at him as if to say 'shut up soft cunt' and neither of them would have anything to do with his claim.

Whilst im here moaning about Keys can i just say why was it not mentioned that i thought we played very well and did not get any credit for a superb performance in europe again.

I dont give a fuck if i come across as been paranoid but we have just gone away in the quarter finals of the Champions League and got a draw by limiting the home team to hardly any chances and our fans out sung their fans easily.

Not too difficult, particularly when Arsenal's loudest songs were "sign on" and "Liverpool hoof the ball" which is pretty sad and sums up Arsenal's support.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

There's no doubt in my mind that Kuyt and the ref went to the same school and had an agreement in place that when they were older whoever became a ref would not give a penalty against the other one.

Scandalous.

It goes way beyond us feeling a touch paranoid, Keys actually has an anti-Liverpool agenda, its plain to see, and its not even covert anymore, its out in the open and he can't wait to twist the knife in at any opportunity.

When you consider that Sky is the major sports broadcaster in this country and that hairy faced cunt is on every week/live game, its actually disgusting. Apart from all that, no matter what the game, he is an arrogant fuck and cuts people dead just as they start answering the questions put to them by him. He is fireproof unfortunately, but its time he was taken properly to task by one of the pundits and firmly put in his place live on air about what a condescending, snidey fucking prick he really is.

Surely hes highly flammable!

Souness' problem isnt us, isnt the system. He was, and always will be a winner, a stubborn winner. If he thinks something is right, that's it. For that, see Strachan (Zonal) or our own if you wish. They won't move because they believe that is right.

The problem comes when useless cunts like Keys open up and use their buzz word "Zonal marking" wank wank wank "Zonal marking" wank wank wank.

They don't even understand it, clearly havent looked at any numbers regarding the matter, and will only ever look at any weakness from it when such weakness arises. Completely ignoring how very successful it is.

Clueless cunts. Simple, best to be ignored.

Don't teams who man-for-man mark at corners concede any goals?

Zonal marking musn't work as Reina has only kept 53 clean sheets in 100 games.

Richard Keys was involved in controversy while presenting The Faroe Islands against Scotland in a Euro 2008 qualifier on 6 June 2007 on Sky Sports. Shortly before closing the programme when he thought he was off-air he said "Nay promos, can't be arsed, that’s it, see ya. Come on. Yeah see ya. Daft little ground, silly game, fuck off." The feed was accidentally broadcast live on the Sky High Definition channel. Sky later apologized, noting that Keys was at the end of a six hour shift and was directing his comments towards the Faroe Islands' "quirky" stadium in Toftir rather than Scottish football. Richard Keys retained his position at Sky Sports.[1][2]

hahaha what a bellend!

Did anybody notice Keys have had his hands waxed? Keys is actually a Coventry City fan. Was made up with Souness tonight. I actually don't have a problem with him at all. He does talk some shite at times but I just think he is a bit of a dinosaur now but I heard him say recently that his kids have been brought up as Liverpool fans. Fair play.

Did anybody notice Keys have had his hands waxed? Keys is actually a Coventry City fan. Was made up with Souness tonight. I actually don't have a problem with him at all. He does talk some shite at times but I just think he is a bit of a dinosaur now but I heard him say recently that his kids have been brought up as Liverpool fans. Fair play.

He had laser treatment a few years ago. He claims to be a Cov City fan although Martin Tyler said that he was also a closet Man United fan during the Pompey cup tie recently.

That comment he made about Kuyt and the ref was fucking scandalous to be fair. How shit-stirring was that? Horrible, hairy cunt.

I was surprised that Souness was jumping around when we scored, nice one. Still a tit though!

Gray was back to his best (worst) as well tonight. He's been a bit more objective towards us the last few weeks but he was terrible tonight. Kept going on about how lucky Rafa is and also at the start of the second half, he and Hawthorne were going on about how important a 45 minutes it was for Arsenal in the second half.

Yep, that's right, very important for them but meant fuck all to us!

That comment he made about Kuyt and the ref was fucking scandalous to be fair. How shit-stirring was that? Horrible, hairy cunt.

I was surprised that Souness was jumping around when we scored, nice one. Still a tit though!

Gray was back to his best (worst) as well tonight. He's been a bit more objective towards us the last few weeks but he was terrible tonight. Kept going on about how lucky Rafa is and also at the start of the second half, he and Hawthorne were going on about how important a 45 minutes it was for Arsenal in the second half.

Yep, that's right, very important for them but meant fuck all to us!

its all about rating because thats what drives advertising revenue, and controversy is good for ratings.

A mate of mine went to Quarry Bank with Brian Barwick, and according to him when Barwich was in charge of MOTD he wanted Jimmy Hill on every week because chinny would gaurantee ratings. Keys proably gets a bouns every time a footy forum slates him.

Aargh Sky!! If only radio commentary wasn't ever so slighly ahead of TV pictures.

- Zonal 'marking'. Fuck off. You'd think we're the only team that concedes from set pieces sometimes. And how is it we always manage to have one of the best defensive records if our strategy is so wrong?

- Gray: "Rafael Benitez gets lucky again". WHAT?? If you're gonna make such an outlandish statement at least justify it you wrinkly arl penis.

- Gray (on the prospect of us nicking an unjustified winner): "...knowing how it goes for Liverpool in this competition" [paraphrasing]. WHAT?? Like we often nick unwarranted wins? NAME THEM.

I hate them all.

Jesus.Keys has just said the ref and Dirk were brought up 5 miles apart in Holland,whilest again showing the pen that never was.

What a bunch of hateful fucking cunts sky are.

Shit stirring cunts the lot of them.

Oh, please. That was a penalty every day of the week. We got away with that one without a shadow of a doubt.

I don't think anyone is suggesting it wasn't a pen really - to be fair I don't think we could have complained had it been given but for me it was not an obvious stone wall, how could you miss it sort of incident as the contact was at waist level and the ref may have been watching the ball or judged it an accidental coming together or whatever.

But hey this thread is about Keys, Gray and Sky and the general bias shown and that is scandalous - throughout the second half Gray was going on about how on top AFC were and how unlucky they were - not really - they were the home team, what do you expect? - they were bound to get a few chances and TBH we had some too - the LFC performance was classic European away performance and only Souey properly praised us for it. Then Keys and the comment about the ref and DFirk was beyond belief - imagione him doing it for some MUFCV player - not a chance - problem is Dirk is too nice a guy and will take it but he shouldn't - as has been suggested both he and the ref should tell Keys that they are getting in touch with their lawyers - worry him a bit.

I love the way they moan about zonal marking when we keep record numbers of clean sheets.

It works most of the time, but no we will just rip it to bits when it fails the odd occasion.

I dont like it personally but they should be objective, obviously that will never happen with SKY.

I've just said on another thread that Richard Keys knows nothing about football. On The Last Word on a Sunday he's constantly pissing Andy Gray off with the shite he comes out with.

Sky presenters in general have a problem grasping some aspects of football. In their obsession with zonal marking they don't realise that goals are conceded by teams who man to man mark as well. The way Gray and Keys go on you'd think that man marking is the absolute solution and they if we marked that way we'd never concede from a set piece again. It doesn't work that way though. Both systems have their benefits but the key is carrying out the system correctly, if this is done well (no matter what system is used) then the fewer goals will be conceded at set pieces.

There was a moment when keys said "but surely Gerrard would love to play in his favorite position" Strachan made it clear that the team comes first and would be interested to see where Gerrard has got more of his goals from. He also said that the C/l is the greatest competition in the world with all the best players, you could see Keys wanting to say but what about the premier league they are rubbish in that.