You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Star Trek - The Shit, or Just Shit?

madstock

Star Trek  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Star Trek

• Klingon? Klinkers more like it - it is SHIT
    • Full power to.. yeah, whatever - Star Trek is THE SHIT (in a good way)

While we're on Star Trek, I felt the strongest series was the most anti Star Trek one (DS9). I loved the longer story arcs and wars. Superb show. We must be due a new ST show soon.

Yeah DS9 was ace and before its time, not many shows back then bothered with plot arcs.

The strength of DS9 was that the guy brougt in to run the whole of Star Trek, Rick Berman, couldn't be arsed with it so went off to maul with Voyager instead, which is why it was shit. DS9 was run by the awesome Ira Steven Behr. 

Some of the writing on Star Trek's best episodes and shows was industry leading, they regularly racked up awards, there's a lot of snobery out there which seems to think sci-fi is naff, yet Star Trek at its peak shat all over most mainstream TV out there. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Jason Isaacs cast as the captain in the new Star Trek Discovery series coming to Netflix later this year. Michelle Yeoh has already been cast as another captain, but the central character - a lieutenant - will be played by Sasha from the Walking Dead. 

The show is supposed to be serialised for boxset watching rather than 'alien of the week' type stuff. Sounds promising so far. 

I've never seen a single episode of Star Trek or any of the films. My Nan once bought me some Star Trek action figures. I disliked them, as not being familiar with the story and characters, I didn't know what to do with them. My Nan told me to play with them with my Star Wars stuff but I knew that was wrong. My Ma caught me trying to melt the horrid things on the paraffin heater.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...