You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

No time to die, 7/10.

Thought it was decent in parts but the villain was shit, I had no idea what he was up to or why. 

From Spectre onwards they've seemed obsessed with giving Bond an arc, that all the villains and events were connected, and I don't know why. 

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

No time to die, 7/10.

Thought it was decent in parts but the villain was shit, I had no idea what he was up to or why. 

From Spectre onwards they've seemed obsessed with giving Bond an arc, that all the villains and events were connected, and I don't know why. 

I gathered he wanted to wipe out the world for some unspecified reason

I managed 45 minutes of Finch. A family fun film set in a dark, dystopia future. Might as well set up a show called Gravesend's Got Talent. 

I watched Serenity instead, even better than I remember. 9/10. 

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

No time to die, 7/10.

Watched it on Friday night and I felt exactly the same, and the fact that Ana de Armis was only in it for about ten minutes was criminal.

I prefer the old Partridge-esque explanations of Bond films "arcs". Big opening setpiece, cool theme, has a bit of banter with M, Q, Moneypenny and maybe a high up politician who is tired of  Bond's "methods" back at HQ, meets and drills sultry maiden in beautiful exotic foreign setting, car chase action setpiece, meets and drills sultry maiden 2, slight lull as the villian reveals their megalomania, fake name = infiltration of enemy's lair, starts to develop feelings for sultry maiden 2, Q turns up in Venice in a Hawaiian shirt to show him his "gadgets", enormous climactic action setpiece, drills sultry maiden 2 again (with Q watching). The end.

This "arc" and convoluted plot started to irritate, plus the Schindler's List-like near three hour run time was way too long.   

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I managed 45 minutes of Finch. A family fun film set in a dark, dystopia future. Might as well set up a show called Gravesend's Got Talent. 

I watched Serenity instead, even better than I remember. 9/10. 

Haha good to see you confirming my opinion. It really was a no story movie.

No Time To Die. 9.5/10

Loved Bond from the day my mum and dad took me to see Dr No.

Just thought this was brilliant from start to finish, everything you want from a Bond film.

.5 of mark off for the villain, love to see how many screen minutes he got.

Farewell to top red Daniel, best Bond ever.

Somehow Plex here got the movie on, perfect copy. Watching on TV wasn't ideal but it was either that or a 2 hour trip to cinema with Turkish subtitles.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Section_31 said:

From Spectre onwards they've seemed obsessed with giving Bond an arc, that all the villains and events were connected, and I don't know why

All the Daniel Craig films linked, forward thinking to get Spectre back in the story. How I see it anyway. Although rather strange the way Spectre turned out in this. (No spoilers)

7 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

All the Daniel Craig films linked, forward thinking to get Spectre back in the story. How I see it anyway. Although rather strange the way Spectre turned out in this. (No spoilers)

Is Spectre pronounced spectra or spectar? 

13 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

I don't think they were originally planned that way. Green was in Quantum (which they then said was linked to Sprctre) and that La Chiffre was too and the rogue agent in Skyfall (who had nothing to do with anyone, he had his own agenda against M!)  

10 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Is Spectre pronounced spectra or spectar? 

It's pronounced the same way that Joey Ramone pronounces Massacre in "Chainsaw" 

"...Texas Chainsaw Mass-a-cree, they took my behbeh away from me"... so i'm deducing that Spectre is therefore pronounced "Spec-tree"

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think they were originally planned that way. Green was in Quantum (which they then said was linked to Sprctre) and that La Chiffre was too and the rogue agent in Skyfall (who had nothing to do with anyone, he had his own agenda against M!)  

Yea, you could be right on that. 

Just love Bond(apart from Octopussy and Moonraker)

Christmas present DVD sorted for me anyway.

4 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Yea, you could be right on that. 

Just love Bond(apart from Octopussy and Moonraker)

Christmas present DVD sorted for me anyway.

Moonraker is ace and is the perfect example of my old school Bond breakdown earlier.  The Brosnan ones (apart from Goldeneye) were were it went west. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Total Longo said:

Moonraker is ace and is the perfect example of my old school Bond breakdown earlier.  The Brosnan ones (apart from Goldeneye) were were it went west. 

Yeah Roger Moore's films were 'my' Bond and always will be. Bond for me should be at least 5% Austin Powers. Moore is the only one you can imagine with a Union Jack parachute. 

1 minute ago, Total Longo said:

Think it depends which Bond era you where born in. Loved them all at the movies but the 2 I mentioned get missed out when we do the boxset.

Brosnan was just OK for me. Should have been the perfect Bond, think the story/scripts let him down. So pleased that they took the Daniel Bond back to basics. The books are brilliant too.

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah Roger Moore's films were 'my' Bond and always will be. Bond for me should be at least 5% Austin Powers. Moore is the only one you can imagine with a Union Jack parachute. 

Yeah same here. Tiny bit of slapstick needed after he's saved the planet. Cigar and fit bird attached. 

Bond - 7/10. Entertaining nonsense. Craig really has been an excellent 007. The baddie was shit though. Wasted. Enjoyed the spoliery stuff. The stuff in Cuba was top Bond.

Dune - 6/10. Not sure how to mark this. It looked and sounded absolutely amazing. I was really freaked out by some of the scenes (the Baron!). But I really had no idea what was going on, or why, or how. Needed more Josh Brolin who seemed to be the only character talking like a normal person. 

By Christ though, Rebecca Ferguson is an attractive woman. 

image.png

52 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

No Time To Die. 9.5/10

Loved Bond from the day my mum and dad took me to see Dr No.

Just thought this was brilliant from start to finish, everything you want from a Bond film.

.5 of mark off for the villain, love to see how many screen minutes he got.

Farewell to top red Daniel, best Bond ever.

Somehow Plex here got the movie on, perfect copy. Watching on TV wasn't ideal but it was either that or a 2 hour trip to cinema with Turkish subtitles.

My mates mam took us to see from Russia with Love in Old Swan. Hooked ever since.

29 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Think it depends which Bond era you where born in. Loved them all at the movies but the 2 I mentioned get missed out when we do the boxset.

Brosnan was just OK for me. Should have been the perfect Bond, think the story/scripts let him down. So pleased that they took the Daniel Bond back to basics. The books are brilliant too.

I still think Connery is the most like the character that Fleming envisioned, looks wise at least. Craig is 100% the most believable portrayal. 

• Upvote 1