You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klinsmann to be new bayern boss

fivetimes

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH the only way to stop these rumours is to offer Rafa a new contract. Lets hope we go on a run and beat Inter and thats what happens. Otherwise we are in for a rough ride.

I'm more concerned with the owners & the overall future of the club under their regime. I love Rafa to bits but I'm not 100% convinced that he is the man to take the club forward. However, if we had new owners in place and increased funds to spend then, I would be willing to give Rafa another season.

There is that many rumours and theories flying about at the moment it makes your head spin.

Some of my theories are that Gillett and Hicks wont commit themselves to either stadium yet because (escpecially Hicks) they want out and the new owners may want to build their own.

Another theory is they scrapped the old design because due to its expense they would never be able to sell the club with such a financial burden as that hanging over it. By accepting a cheaper option they can sell the club with planning permission all ready for the new owners.

My view on Klinsmann is that Gillett and Hicks did want him to become manager but due to them seeking to get out of Liverpool they feel its best leaving the current manager there as it makes us easier to sell with a manager who has been there for a few years.

Obviously all these theories contain one theme and that is Gillett and Hicks fucking off but i think that probably more like wishful thinking on my part.

Wheres DIC head insider Rashid when you want him to let us know if they are coming back in.

There is that many rumours and theories flying about at the moment it makes your head spin.

Some of my theories are that Gillett and Hicks wont commit themselves to either stadium yet because (escpecially Hicks) they want out and the new owners may want to build their own.

Another theory is they scrapped the old design because due to its expense they would never be able to sell the club with such a financial burden as that hanging over it. By accepting a cheaper option they can sell the club with planning permission all ready for the new owners.

My view on Klinsmann is that Gillett and Hicks did want him to become manager but due to them seeking to get out of Liverpool they feel its best leaving the current manager there as it makes us easier to sell with a manager who has been there for a few years.

Obviously all these theories contain one theme and that is Gillett and Hicks fucking off but i think that probably more like wishful thinking on my part.

Wheres DIC head insider Rashid when you want him to let us know if they are coming back in.

I don't think Gillett and Hicks will be here in May. It may be mainly wishful thinking, but I've got a hunch they want out.

The board were quick to come out and deny that they had offered capello the job but are refusing to over Klinsmann. I personally think he was offered the job but preferred to manage Bayern Munich where he would have an easier chance of winning the league. The americans want him out, it's only a matter of time.

Klinsmann was offered Benitez's job | the Daily Mail

Klinsmann was offered Benitez's job

Rafa Benitez's worst fears were confirmed last night when it emerged that Jurgen Klinsmann was offered the Liverpool manager's job before agreeing to join Bayern Munich.

The Anfield boss has sensed for weeks that the axe was hovering and his misgivings seem wellfounded after a remarkable twist to Klinsmann's unveiling as Ottmar Hitzfeld's successor this summer.

According to senior sources at Bayern and the German FA, Klinsmann was presented with a 'detailed offer' to take over at Liverpool and was seriously considering it when the Bundesliga leaders made their move.

As Klinsmann faced the media in Munich yesterday, it became clear he could have been heading for Merseyside instead but for top ranking Bayern officials hearing of Liverpool's interest and reacting to it swiftly.

Though Hitzfeld is staying until the end of the season, Bayern quickly made contact with Klinsmann at his Los Angeles home on Wednesday and hastily wrapped up a deal with a speed that caught even seasoned Munich observers by surprise. Klinsmann did his best to play down the Liverpool link, but he smiled broadly when asked about any approaches from England. He said: 'There have been offers but I was happy to accept Bayern's.'

Significantly, despite denying reports last November that they had contacted Fabio Capello about taking over, Liverpool simply refused to comment this time, leaving Benitez to ponder how much longer he can stay in a position that is beginning to look untenable.

The absence of another obvious candidate suggests he may be given longer to win over Gillett and Tom Hicks, and he remained defiant as he reflected on the latest uncertainty ahead of today's game at Middlesbrough.

Asked whether he might have expected his American owners to publicly support him after their meeting with chief executive Rick Parry on Tuesday, Benitez said: 'I cannot control everything. If I can prepare the team properly for Middlesbrough and Luton in the FA Cup, and make sure we get the right results, it will be a step in the right direction for me. If we keep doing that every week, maybe it will become easier to find answers to these sort of questions.

'I would rather concentrate my efforts on getting the best out of the players. I have been a manager for 21 years. That has helped me learn to cope with things like this. It has helped me realise there is no problem with my ability, just as there is no doubt about the quality of our squad.

'After so many years at Real Madrid, where second place was a disaster, I know all about the importance of finishing top of the pile — and that is still my aim for this club.'

DIC want in, the Yanks want $1B - no deal end of story.

The Yanks may want $1 billion (is that about £550 million at current rates) but as we all know when your selling something you always give an high price but are willing to come down.

Would be interesting to see if DIC came in with an offer to Gillett and Hicks which offered them a way out and make a few million out of it all.

This is not a dig at DIC and it applies really to any investment group but they will come in when Liverpool are at their lowest ebb. Whether this is if RBS refuse Gillett and Hicks a loan or what but i feel their is more grief to come yet.

I know some people on here feel that Rafa isnt the man to win us the league but i would like him to be given the chance to prove himself on an even keel with the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea and this probably more likely to happen under the ownership of DIC.

Whether Rafa can survive at Liverpool that long is another question though.

Im made up were not gettin klinsman. For me he neither has the major liverpool link (of certain past managers) or the CV in terms of winning major trophies as a manager.

If we would have got Klinsman as a manager it would have basically been the yanks stamping down there authority on the club even more.

Hopefully they will give Rafa more time but I am dubious especially if we have a poor run in to the season.

I'm more concerned with the owners & the overall future of the club under their regime. I love Rafa to bits but I'm not 100% convinced that he is the man to take the club forward. However, if we had new owners in place and increased funds to spend then, I would be willing to give Rafa another season.

My main reason for support of Rafa is that he has a vision for the club long term and is showing he has foresight and magnetism to bring talent to the club.

This may upset some but I do not "expect" us to win the title until after the completion of the stadium. ManU and Arsenal now turnover much more than us and will do until the stadium is complete. Chelsea are on another planet again. All 3 clubs will be able to afford much bigger wage budgets and therefore we will struggle in the transfer market.

For me Rafa is the only manager I want to take us through this difficult time and for me a change would be a massive mistake.:whoops:

That is who they should really be targetting. In fairness, Chris Bascombe has exposed the Yanks for who they really are, but more people need to follow suit.

Bascombe in a piece posted on raotl (from some media site) also sounds a tad bitter and a little arrogant.:whistle:

The Yanks may want $1 billion (is that about £550 million at current rates) but as we all know when your selling something you always give an high price but are willing to come down.

Would be interesting to see if DIC came in with an offer to Gillett and Hicks which offered them a way out and make a few million out of it all.

This is not a dig at DIC and it applies really to any investment group but they will come in when Liverpool are at their lowest ebb. Whether this is if RBS refuse Gillett and Hicks a loan or what but i feel their is more grief to come yet.

I know some people on here feel that Rafa isnt the man to win us the league but i would like him to be given the chance to prove himself on an even keel with the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea and this probably more likely to happen under the ownership of DIC.

Whether Rafa can survive at Liverpool that long is another question though.

I don't think Rafa will win the league with us no matter who he buys.

1. I don't trust him to make the buys we need.

2. I don't trust that he will make the changes in himself he needs.

Not to say I want him sacked because he might prove me wrong, and realistically a "challenge" is all we can hope and expect but I don't necessarily prescribe to giving Rafa £50M to do as he pleases, first he has to prove we can play good football and challenge with the money he already has spent.

My main reason for support of Rafa is that he has a vision for the club long term and is showing he has foresight and magnetism to bring talent to the club.

This may upset some but I do not "expect" us to win the title until after the completion of the stadium. ManU and Arsenal now turnover much more than us and will do until the stadium is complete. Chelsea are on another planet again. All 3 clubs will be able to afford much bigger wage budgets and therefore we will struggle in the transfer market.

For me Rafa is the only manager I want to take us through this difficult time and for me a change would be a massive mistake.:whoops:[/QUOTE]

For me mate thats currently my worse fear.

I honestly can forsee a Newcastle situation for us unless something is sorted.

Rafa is a top manager and i can assure you when the time comes for him to leave Liverpool he will be the manager of another top club shortly after.

He has had to put up with some shite whilst been manager of Liverpool, mainly down to not been able to sign the players he really wants and having to make do with his second or third choices and now since the take over he is dealing on a daily basis questions over his future.

Not to say I want him sacked because he might prove me wrong, and realistically a "challenge" is all we can hope and expect but I don't necessarily prescribe to giving Rafa £50M to do as he pleases, first he has to prove we can play good football and challenge with the money he already has spent.

Disagree. Give Rafa money to add 3 more quality players of his choice and he will win the league. No doubt in my mind. Even 2 (winger and striker) would be enough with a good injury run.

I think Rafa would certainly have us challenging and he has proven that when he is allowed to sign the players he truly wants as in Reina, Alonso and Torres he can sign top quality talent.

Rafa wanted to sign Alves but had to spread his cash around on more positions and i personally think that given the cash to spend and not told he has to spread it around 4 players Rafa would buy quality and would have us playing attractive football.

We started off this season playing some good football and this team as it is now is capable of playing a good passing game and with 2 or 3 quality additions upfront and on the wing we would be a very good team but we need players of the calibre of Torres.

So, you've said. Many Many Many times.

However, all that isn't the point. The point is that his record demands he be given further opportunity to prove he can.

So is Paul Joyce another shit-stirring cunt then?

Do you know that Bayern aren't bitter about Rafa reportably rejecting their approach? Why didn't they use this Jurgen info to unsettle Rafa and pursuade him to join them?

Imho there's some shit-stirring at play here.

Also from the Daily Mail:

So inside the SAME paper they tell us Klinsmann was offered the job but then quote him saying he wasn't offered any job in England.

John Edwards - you utter bellsniff.

Indeed Col. So Klinsman says he had no offers from England, direct quote. Yet senior figures at Bayern say he was.

Do you think thats exactly what Jurgen told them to get them to offer him better terms etc ?

Jurgens played a blinder, get himself seen with Gillett, get his agent to say we've offered him a job and BINGO munich offer him what he wants.

Anyway, I thoguth Bascombe said it was Jose being lined up and didnt hear anything of Jurgen till a few weeks ago.

Snip

Now that he's taken another job, I fully expect Gillett or Hicks or Parry to come out and say there was no truth in the rumours. Thing is, if that was the case they should have shot it down straight away. Parry couldn't deny the Capello story fast enough when that one came out. They kept their heads down over this one though.

And that is the cheif reason why you wonder if its true. Either way, Jurgens off the list, one more down.

And you wonder why people call you a cunt... Who has a better transfer record than Rafa? Really? Honestly consider that tiny list before asking yourself... What has Liverpool done this year that they haven't done for years? Routinely decimated opposition. When was the last time you saw us score 4 goals in so many matches just halfway into the season?

If you can't recognise the changes that our club is making, even if they are inconsistant, then maybe you really aught to look at your motives for your negativity towards the club.

Yeah good post that but now the English media have a target they will be relentless until they get their victim.

I just wish they would target Parry and the owners.

But they are, they are attacking LFC and like it or not Hicks, George and Rick are LFC. With the signing of Skrtel, we should get behind them all and stick together to ride it through. The time for blood letting is in the summer when or if Rafa is sacked.

And you wonder why people call you a cunt... Who has a better transfer record than Rafa? Really? Honestly consider that tiny list before asking yourself... What has Liverpool done this year that they haven't done for years? Routinely decimated opposition. When was the last time you saw us score 4 goals in so many matches just halfway into the season?

If you can't recognise the changes that our club is making, even if they are inconsistant, then maybe you really aught to look at your motives for your negativity towards the club.

I don't think I deserve to be called a cunt for questionning Rafa's transferes - he has taken about 9 goes to buy a decent striker! Plus I don't remember Dave being called a cunt for saying the same thing a week ago on the Wigan report. The rest of your post is absolute dog shit, as usual.

That is who they should really be targetting. In fairness, Chris Bascombe has exposed the Yanks for who they really are, but more people need to follow suit.

The same Bascombe who was gagged by LFC when the Yanks came in over DIC ? Bascombe has no ties to the new owners not syaing he's lying but that his sources are now out of the loop. Afterall the story was RAFA OUT JOSE IN.

In time that may prove to be true I guess. Klinsman getting the munich job is a double edged sword, it means we wont have him here, but it also means Jose is still available. But for now, it surley makes Bascombes article less reliable.

The same Bascombe who was gagged by LFC when the Yanks came in over DIC ? Bascombe has no ties to the new owners not syaing he's lying but that his sources are now out of the loop. Afterall the story was RAFA OUT JOSE IN.

In time that may prove to be true I guess. Klinsman getting the munich job is a double edged sword, it means we wont have him here, but it also means Jose is still available. But for now, it surley makes Bascombes article less reliable.

Remind who broke the whole onwers/Rafa storm please. Whose article was it that prompted the march?