You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best signing of the Summer?

lfclad_4eva

I think Hargreave's could turn out to be a great signing for the manc's. I really hope i'm wrong but I just think he'll make them a much stronger outfit.

He's exactly the sort of player they need in midfield, as he will give them more bite than Carrick.

I think Hargreave's could turn out to be a great signing for the manc's. I really hope i'm wrong but I just think he'll make them a much stronger outfit.

He's exactly the sort of player they need in midfield, as he will give them more bite than Carrick.

Not saying this in an anti-manc way whatsoever, but do people really rate Hargreaves? I honestly think he is a pretty normal player, not worth the money they spent at all. Think they have two better CMs than him, as do we, Chelsea and Arsenal... probably Spurs too.

Know he's won loads for Bayern, but I don't think he's that good.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Not saying this in an anti-manc way whatsoever, but do people really rate Hargreaves? I honestly think he is a pretty normal player, not worth the money they spent at all. Think they have two better CMs than him, as do we, Chelsea and Arsenal... probably Spurs too.

I rate Hargreaves, he would have been a cracking signing for us a couple of seasons ago, and he will make the Mancs much stronger. If they can get the same kind of productive seasons out of Giggs and Scholes, they will be hard to stop.

Agreed, he had a good second half of a world cup, not long before that he was being booed around the pitch and the national press used to slam erriccson for picking him.

He's a grafter and runs a lot, I've never seen him do any more than that, not for England anyway.

Hargreaves does exactly what he's meant to do, and he does it very well. Which is to win the ball from the opposition, and keep his own team's play ticking over by playing it simple.

He's one of those player's who will always be highly valued by his own fans, yet underated by opposition supporter's.

Much in the same way Hamman was for us, and how Mascherano will probably be aswell (provided he stay's).

I honestly do not feel that the Mancs have improved on their squad last term. Nor has Chelsea.

You've got a point with Chelsea, especially if they lose Robben.

But I totally disagree about united, even if they don't get Tevez.

Chelsea have, they wont be short in defence with Carvalho, Terry, Alex and Ben Haim, so if one or two injuries hit them they can probably cope a lot better

Agree. They lost the league last season because they couldn't cope with injuries at the back. Bringing in Alex and Ben Haim will strengthen them no end.

I feel they are vulnerable to an injury to Drogba though. If he goes down for any length of time they just do not look anything like as threatening.

Torres seems to be the highest quality signing of the summer so far. If the Tevez deal goes through that might be a deal on a similar talent level.

As far as young up and coming players are concerned, Babel looks to be amongst the best business of the summer. I'm hoping Lucas comes and proves to be a great player too. Voronin looks accomplished and is great business on a free.

Hargreaves doesn't catch the eye but he will strengthen Man Utd.

The good news about this window is that we have done at least as well in the market as anyone else. Granted, we did have some catching up to do, but at least it looks as though we are intent on making up the ground.

Hargreaves' pace, stamina and ability to break up opposing attacks and then restart his own team's with short, simple passes will allow United to translate their gung-ho domestic tactics to Europe without being so exposed to the counter attack. They can throw everyone forward bar Vidic, Ferdinand and Hargreaves and still keep the back door shut tight. The only doubt about him for me, is his fitness. I'm gutted they signed him.

I honestly do not feel that the Mancs have improved on their squad last term. Nor has Chelsea.

Their first-team hasn't imrpoved much but their overall squad is much stronger now they have Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves. And if they get tevez, they will have the best squad in the entire country.

But we've definitely made the best single signing in Torres. Nobody in football could dispute that.