You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Veggie Meal Ideas

Duff Man

Yo vegitarian dudes.

I'm thinking aboot going veggie for a week and possibly longer depending on how it goes but have no idea what to cook.

I'm no Ramsey in the kitchen but can cobble together a reasonable meal so I'm after recipes a little bit more adventurous that beans on toast but not as complicated as something really complicated.

I like cheese and salads and most veg except swede, turnips and parsnips. Which suck.

I'm allowing myself fish as it's uber good for you what with all the amino acids and omega action and stuff.

I usually cook currys and chilli so I can substitute quorn or fish for chicken/lamb there and and that's two meals sorted. After that however I haven't got the foggiest so help me out you herbivorian mothers.

Veggie lasagne is a piece of piss to make. Just make the lasagne as normal, but in the bolognaise sauce part use pulses, courgettes, mushies and basically any of the veggies you like. PLenty of herbs too. A bit of nutmeg and mustard in the white sauce is always a winner.

Veggie lasagne is a piece of piss to make. Just make the lasagne as normal, but in the bolognaise sauce part use pulses, courgettes, mushies and basically any of the veggies you like. PLenty of herbs too. A bit of nutmeg and mustard in the white sauce is always a winner.

Don't know how to make lasagne but that sounds nice so I'll give it a whirl this weekend.

Don't know how to make lasagne but that sounds nice so I'll give it a whirl this weekend.

White sauce is a piece of piss. A few ounces of butter melted in a pan, add enough flour to make it into a paste, warm it through a bit and then add milk slowly mixing all the time until you have the right consistency. Add seasoning and you have a white sauce. Then you need a tomato and vegetable sauce, chop an onion, add garlic, whack in the mushrooms and all the other shit and then season it. Then you have all you need.

White sauce in the bottom of an oven proof dish, then a layer of lasagne, then a layer of tomato sauce, then a bit of white sauce, then another level or two of the same. then finally put white sauce on the top and sprinkle with grated cheese and a few herbs and some black pepper and then you have a lasagne. Piece of piss.

Guest PaddyBerger15

You cant go wrong with Quorn stuff mate. Ive been veggie since I was 16, thats 18 years and counting now, and when I first started, the choice was zip. It was a plate of veg, or frozen veggie burgers and stuff like that, and packet beanfeasts, these days the range and choice is immense. You can look in the frozen section of any supermarket and get a freezer full of stuff.

Quorn mince is a top replacement, you can make Shepherds pies, chilis, curries and all sorts with it....as the man RiS said, add a few mushies and courgettes, the occasional Aubergine and the jobs a good 'un.

You cant go wrong with pasta either....Sainsburys own pasta sauces, especially the mushroom one are sound, and ASDAs own frozen veggie frankfurters are nice. The Quorn bramley apple sausages are the best, do yourself loads of mash, get some veggie gravy granules and youve got top bangers and mash.....

As I said, the choice is excellent these days most supermarkets cater really well for veggie diets nowadays. Get yourself some nuts and yeast extract aswell and fresh fruit and you wont go far wrong.

Quorn slices for your butties, the ham and the bacon slices are both nice...fresh soup, theres all sorts.

Virtually all 'home' cheeses are veggie friendly now, its just the creamy, pretentious foreign muck that smells like a frenchmans posing pouch that arent.

Drop me a pm if you need any hep.

You cant go wrong with Quorn stuff mate. Ive been veggie since I was 16, thats 18 years and counting now, and when I first started, the choice was zip. It was a plate of veg, or frozen veggie burgers and stuff like that, and packet beanfeasts, these days the range and choice is immense. You can look in the frozen section of any supermarket and get a freezer full of stuff.

Quorn mince is a top replacement, you can make Shepherds pies, chilis, curries and all sorts with it....as the man RiS said, add a few mushies and courgettes, the occasional Aubergine and the jobs a good 'un.

You cant go wrong with pasta either....Sainsburys own pasta sauces, especially the mushroom one are sound, and ASDAs own frozen veggie frankfurters are nice. The Quorn bramley apple sausages are the best, do yourself loads of mash, get some veggie gravy granules and youve got top bangers and mash.....

As I said, the choice is excellent these days most supermarkets cater really well for veggie diets nowadays. Get yourself some nuts and yeast extract aswell and fresh fruit and you wont go far wrong.

Quorn slices for your butties, the ham and the bacon slices are both nice...fresh soup, theres all sorts.

Virtually all 'home' cheeses are veggie friendly now, its just the creamy, pretentious foreign muck that smells like a frenchmans posing pouch that arent.

Drop me a pm if you need any hep.

Cheers dude, all good stuff. I can see I'm going to have to overcome my prejudice of Quorn. Damn you Ryan Giggs, damn you to helll.

This is probably a really stupid question but do you cook the lasagne strips before putting it in oven dish or just stick 'em in uncooked?

Also, how long in the oven and on what heat?

No, you don't need to cook or soak them, the tomato sauce provides all the juice to cook it. You want about 175 degrees C (350 F?) for about half an hour. Have some foil handy in case the cheese starts getting to brown, if it does, just cover it.

Guest PaddyBerger15
No, you don't need to cook or soak them, the tomato sauce provides all the juice to cook it. You want about 175 degrees C (350 F?) for about half an hour. Have some foil handy in case the cheese starts getting to brown, if it does, just cover it.

Yep....what he said....word for word.

Veggie Lasagne is ace.:thumbup: :yes:

Make sure its nice and baked up, dont underdo it.

Omelette, Curry, Pizza, Pasta, Salads, Baked Potatoes, Lasagna, Chilli, Bread sandwiches with bread, a whole wheel of cheese, Real Red's patented crisp butty, Chips, Mustard and ketchup cheese on toast, Soups, Spaghetti hoops, Vodka, Cous cous, Gnocchi, Tortelini, Butternut squash, Roasted stuffed peppers, Veggie sausages and burgers, Manwiches, Boiled egg, Rice and pea, Thai food, Chinese food, Houmous, Crunchy nut cornflakes, bran flakes, Pitta bread with tasty stuff in it, breads- particularly Focaccia

That is aboot 90% of my typical diet

Omelette, Curry, Pizza, Pasta, Salads, Baked Potatoes, Lasagna, Chilli, Bread sandwiches with bread, a whole wheel of cheese, Real Red's patented crisp butty, Chips, Mustard and ketchup cheese on toast, Soups, Spaghetti hoops, Vodka, Cous cous, Gnocchi, Tortelini, Butternut squash, Roasted stuffed peppers, Veggie sausages and burgers, Manwiches, Boiled egg, Rice and pea, Thai food, Chinese food, Houmous, Crunchy nut cornflakes, bran flakes, Pitta bread with tasty stuff in it, breads- particularly Focaccia

That is aboot 90% of my typical diet

Is that a cock between two slices of mothers pride?

Yo vegitarian dudes.

I'm thinking aboot going veggie for a week and possibly longer depending on how it goes but have no idea what to cook.

I'm no Ramsey in the kitchen but can cobble together a reasonable meal so I'm after recipes a little bit more adventurous that beans on toast but not as complicated as something really complicated.

I like cheese and salads and most veg except swede, turnips and parsnips. Which suck.

I'm allowing myself fish as it's uber good for you what with all the amino acids and omega action and stuff.

I usually cook currys and chilli so I can substitute quorn or fish for chicken/lamb there and and that's two meals sorted. After that however I haven't got the foggiest so help me out you herbivorian mothers.

get yourself a bag of Chick peas .you soak them just like marrowfat peas so.

Add them to currys with onions and mushrooms,peppers and lentils ..the dogs cahonies.For easy cooking , get some Lloyd Coleman/Jamie Oliver sauces from Sainsburys.No additives,preservatives or E numbers

Omelette -mushrooms/onion/cherry tomatoes,add some relish to the egg mix for added flavour

Savoury Bread...Slice tomatoes really small , add loads of garlic,basil and pepper.Cover with olive oil , stick in fridge for 2 hours.Get uncut loaf ,cut big doorsteps ,toast it in the grill with drizzle of olive oil , add spoonfull of tomato mix-stunnings stuff

Guest PaddyBerger15
get yourself a bag of Chick peas .you soak them just like marrowfat peas so.

Add them to currys with onions and mushrooms,peppers and lentils ..the dogs cahonies.For easy cooking , get some Lloyd Coleman/Jamie Oliver sauces from Sainsburys.No additives,preservatives or E numbers

Omelette -mushrooms/onion/cherry tomatoes,add some relish to the egg mix for added flavour

Savoury Bread...Slice tomatoes really small , add loads of garlic,basil and pepper.Cover with olive oil , stick in fridge for 2 hours.Get uncut loaf ,cut big doorsteps ,toast it in the grill with drizzle of olive oil , add spoonfull of tomato mix-stunnings stuff

He hath wisdom. Welcome to the Order of the Ancient Triceratops.....even though that Jamie Oliver is a fuckin' blurt and you dont wanna be giving him any of your dough, either directly or indirectly.....the smug little shithouse, get a proper job you little queer, the kitchen is a womans work.....thems the rules.