You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Chief Vs Gattuso

Section_31

Come on now sonshine, Gattuso ain't no slack jawed pushover!

Its going to be a war in that centre-circle for real, can't feckin wait!

He's alright I suppose, but I think Mascherano and Gerrard have more than enough in reserve for him.

They're both forces of nature and we're blessed to have them.

It'll be a different world of pain to throwing a few kicks at Ronaldo, Carrick or some other lightweight.

what would you do i gattuso got himself suspended for the final, following that gesture?, not going to happen but still. personally dont think too much of him, just hope he starts with all the revenge talk and how we were lucky and how we wont be this time. on that note hope all of our players keep quiet (gerrard!!) and just absorb their comments, and use them effectively

I hope The Chief is nowhere near Gattuso; he needs to be on Kaka.

The thing is, if Mascherano does go man to man with him then he will probably do what he was doing to Carrick and drag him out onto the wings regularly. This will leave a big hole in front of the defence and if we aren't on to that then the likes of Seedorf, Pirlo or Gattuso will make use of that. It will be interesting, that's for certain.

The thing is, if Mascherano does go man to man with him then he will probably do what he was doing to Carrick and drag him out onto the wings regularly. This will leave a big hole in front of the defence and if we aren't on to that then the likes of Seedorf, Pirlo or Gattuso will make use of that. It will be interesting, that's for certain.

Which is why I said in the formation thread that we need to play all four of our central midfielder: The Chief, Big Mo and Xabi in the middle with Gerrard on the right. Stopping Kaka is not a one-man operation, in my view. Mo will be especially valuable due to his pace.

I think this is one game where I wouldn't be too disappointed with 1 up top and I would assume after last time Rafa might err on the side of caution.

Play it cagey for an hour then when the old men are knackered unleash a whole world of Crouch on them.

Apart from all the obvious reasons, this is why I want to see us play Milan instead of the mancs - the battle of two fantastic midfields for top honours. Wheres the kudos in saying Stevie and El Jefecito dominated a midfield consisting of Ageing Ginger, spotty mini-mongo kid from spurs, and fletcher ?

I think that 3 -5 -2 might be the way to go - Jefecito and Xabi sitting deeper, Stevie in fornt of them with Jermania & Gonzo/Skippy out wide.