You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Juicing

aikido

So I just bought a juicer a week ago and am totally engrossed in juicing all different types of fruits and vegetables. Does anybody use a juicer out there? and would they be willing to recommend any fruit/veg combinations?

Carrot ginger pineapple and orange.

So I just bought a juicer a week ago and am totally engrossed in juicing all different types of fruits and vegetables. Does anybody use a juicer out there? and would they be willing to recommend any fruit/veg combinations?

*a cloud of blue smoke and the Count appears*

Grapes are fantastic juiced. You have your standard ingredients, like carrots and oranges; apples and celery. Also try lemons, ginger, watercress.

Basically the idea is to try and blend odd tasting yet healthy vegetables with sweeter fruits like apples and oranges.

*a cloud of blue smoke and the Count appears*

Grapes are fantastic juiced. You have your standard ingredients, like carrots and oranges; apples and celery. Also try lemons, ginger, watercress.

Basically the idea is to try and blend odd tasting yet healthy vegetables with sweeter fruits like apples and oranges.

Thanks Count, I have been juicing spinach, cabbage, carrots, apples, oranges, mango, pineapples, and grapes. Cannot disguise the taste of celery, awful stuff but vey healthy. Will try adding lemons, ginger and watercress to the mix.

We used to juice like mad, but there were two things that pissed me off about it: the inability to do citrus fruits easily on it and then cleaning the fucker. Carrot, orange and ginger is fucking ace. Try lemon grass in there, too.

We used to juice like mad, but there were two things that pissed me off about it: the inability to do citrus fruits easily on it and then cleaning the fucker. Carrot, orange and ginger is fucking ace. Try lemon grass in there, too.

I agree about cleaning the fucker, such a pain in the ass. I feel like a mechanic taking the machine apart after every use!

• 4 years later...

I love juicing, it's fantastic, being a lazy cunt I don't do it enough though as buying the fruit and veg plus cleaning can be a pain.

Going to try some of the above and just bought a new juicer on Amazon Philips HR1861 Aluminium Whole Fruit Juicer with Juice Jug and Cleaning Brush: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home which is dishwasher safe and I live 10 minutes away from the market which does massive bowls of fruit and veg for £1.

Just had carrot, celery, ginger and apple. Carrot and celery provide some juice and colour, ginger a delicious kick and apple the sweetness. Absolutely stunning. You can use low grade fruit as well, pretty much all the ingredients had got to the stage where they weren't really suitable for eating.

Guest Jon Snow

My sister bought me a juicer 2 x-mas ago they are really good.

Carrot is good to mix with any thing and cheap , plus really good for you. Don't go mad tho or you get a orange glow. Any thing that has tons of juice (of course) works great. I like adding Mint for a extra little twist and if its hot add some ice if you got a good juicer(with strong blades).

Guest Jon Snow
is a a juicer the same as a blender ?

Sort of but the juicer will keep things like the skin of the Orange in a filter. The stuff you don't want to be drinking.