You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst Lyrics in the World... Ever!

Josef Svejk

Atrocious lyrics. Just because he can ryhme and throw in the odd swear word for 'credibilty' doesnt make him a genius. I can ryhme too but I bet this doesnt sell many copies...

James Blunt

He's a cunt

He writes great lyrics

Oh no he fucking dunt

:D Missed this the first time round.

"If I was a sculptor

But then again, no"

--Elton John's 'Your Song'

"There were plants

And birds

And rocks

And things"

--America's 'Horse With No Name'

"Now you're amazed

By the VIP posse

Steppin' so hard

Like a German Nazi"

--Vanilla Ice's 'Play That Funky Music'

"My panty line shows

Got a run in my hose

My hair went flat

Man, I hate that"

--Shania Twain's 'Honey I'm Home'

"Your butt is mine"

--Michael Jackson's 'Bad'

You have time yet to learn young one.

I'm not saying they were a great band, not even one of my favourites particularly, it's just a bit pathetic that everyone has to bring down any kind of mainstream band that's seen critical success.

At times it reminds me of the little indie kids who won't listen to song once it starts becoming popular. Pull your heads out of your arses, for fuck sake.

I'm not saying they were a great band, not even one of my favourites particularly, it's just a bit pathetic that everyone has to bring down any kind of mainstream band that's seen critical success.

At times it reminds me of the little indie kids who won't listen to song once it starts becoming popular. Pull your heads out of your arses, for fuck sake.

There is a lot of wrong in what you are saying there fella. I for one do not have my head up my arse when it generally comes to music. Or at least I hope not anyway.

I used to like Oasis, then I realised that they only ever had one really good album in them (Definitely Maybe) a very good Album (What's The Story) and then just pure shite. I even had Blur 'Parklife' and 'The Great Escape', along with Shed Seven, The Charlatans, Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, Stone Roses, Cast, The Bluetones and Space to name check a few in my Vinyl/CD collection. All pretty mainstream for a time, and all bands I loved and still do.

*waggles finger in old school teacher style*

So don't you be coming on here young whipper snapper and saying because they are mainstream I am bashing them, it's not because of that, it is because they are hit,with a big capital S and a big fuck off exclamation mark.

There is a lot of wrong in what you are saying there fella. I for one do not have my head up my arse when it generally comes to music. Or at least I hope not anyway.

I used to like Oasis, then I realised that they only ever had one really good album in them (Definitely Maybe) a very good Album (What's The Story) and then just pure shite. I even had Blur 'Parklife' and 'The Great Escape', along with Shed Seven, The Charlatans, Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, Stone Roses, Cast, The Bluetones and Space to name check a few in my Vinyl/CD collection. All pretty mainstream for a time, and all bands I loved and still do.

*waggles finger in old school teacher style*

So don't you be coming on here young whipper snapper and saying because they are mainstream I am bashing them, it's not because of that, it is because they are hit,with a big capital S and a big fuck off exclamation mark.

I was really refering to the thread in general, but fair enough. I'll have to say though that 'one really good album and a very good album' doesn't equate to them being 'hit,with a big capital S and a big fuck off exclamation mark', even if their other albums weren't up to the original standards.

Just as an example, if a band brings out two albums now and they're both good (say, Arcade Fire) people will wank over them but say Oasis are shit in the same breath. I don't think pre/proceeding shite should cancel out good albums.

The above in bold made me laugh immensely.

I was really refering to the thread in general, but fair enough. I'll have to say though that 'one really good album and a very good album' doesn't equate to them being 'hit,with a big capital S and a big fuck off exclamation mark', even if their other albums weren't up to the original standards.

Just as an example, if a band brings out two albums now and they're both good (say, Arcade Fire) people will wank over them but say Oasis are shit in the same breath. I don't think pre/proceeding shite should cancel out good albums.

The above in bold made me laugh immensely.

I used to love Indie music to be honest.

I hate all things mainstream, becaue it gets played to death on the radio. It not only killed the radio star but it killed the meaning of a band hen they get their grubby hands on it, especailly that slag Jo Whiley.

I actually write asong about her, that could actually be a decent enttry into this thrad.

James Blunt is a CUNT!

James Blunt is a CUNT!

James Blunt is a CUNT!

James Blunt is a CUNT!

Jo Whiley is a slag.

The indie scene is not my scene any more to be honest, more of a heavy rock/metal/prog/metal/Alternative kinda guy. However there are a few good up and coming indie bands in Liverpool at the moment. I know a few bands that do the circuit.

My musical taste has matured with age. And with a little bit of help from hamstrung and Kurt.

I used to love Indie music to be honest.

I hate all things mainstream, becaue it gets played to death on the radio. It not only killed the radio star but it killed the meaning of a band hen they get their grubby hands on it, especailly that slag Jo Whiley.

I actually write asong about her, that could actually be a decent enttry into this thrad.

James Blunt is a CUNT!

James Blunt is a CUNT!

James Blunt is a CUNT!

James Blunt is a CUNT!

Jo Whiley is a slag.

The indie scene is not my scene any more to be honest, more of a heavy rock/metal/prog/metal/Alternative kinda guy. However there are a few good up and coming indie bands in Liverpool at the moment. I know a few bands that do the circuit.

My musical taste has matured with age. And with a little bit of help from hamstrung and Kurt.

Got to admit that the GF has turned me onto some good music also. I downloaded some Velvet Underground tunes the other day after reading it on here and they were good shit.

"On the first day out on our journey

There were plants

And birds

And rocks

And things

And plants

And birds

And rocks

And things

And plants

And birds

And rocks

And things

And plants

And birds

And rocks

And things

Well I've been through the desert

On a horse with no legs."

Huge improvement!

I don't hate Oasis because they are popular. Most music I like is popular as I'm too lazy to search out obscure stuff.

I hate them because I detest the whiny, manc voices, overplayed uninspiring music and inane shitty bollocks they have come out with from day one.

I don't hate Oasis because they are popular. Most music I like is popular as I'm too lazy to search out obscure stuff.

I hate them because I detest the whiny, manc voices, overplayed uninspiring music and inane shitty bollocks they have come out with from day one.

Contradiction?

Like I've said I don't rate them too highly myself, especially Liam. Listen to Noel's acoustic version of Wonderwall though, it's fucking sublime.

David Hasselhoff - Jump in my car

Jump in my car, I wanna ta-ake you home,come on and jump in my car, it's too far to walk on your ow-own

No thank you sir-ir

Ah, c'mon, I'm a trustworthy guy

No thank you sir-ir

Oh little girl I wouldn't tell you no lie

I know your ga-ame

How can you say that, we've only just met

You're all the sa-ame

Ooh, she's got me there, but I'll get her yet

I got you then

No you didn't, I was catchin' my breath

And look it's startin' to rain and baby you'll catch your death

Well, I don't know-ow

Ah, come on it costs nothin' to try

And you'll arrive ho-ome nice and dry

ooh, jump in my car, I wanna ta-ake you home

jump in my car, it's too far to walk on your ow-own

jump in my car, I wanna ta-ake you home

C'mon and jump in my car, it's way too far to walk on your ow-own

Well maybe I wi-ill

Ah, that's better now, your talkin' sense

But you best keep still

Well, if you like I'll just put up a fence

No need to get smart

Well alright we'll soon be on our way

We better start

What for?

Because it's such a long way

Why, where d'you live?

I live down south, it's roughly eighty-four miles

Hey slow down, you must be jokin' there behind that cute smile

Oh, no I'm not

Well, if you're not there's only one thing to say

And what's that?

Get out the car, get on your way

Get out of my car

But you just said that you'd take me home

it's just too far

But there's no way that I can get there alone

I couldn't care less

Maybe I could see you next week

But you look a mess

But look who's talkin', you've got no right to speak

Get out of my car

You told me that you were a really nice guy

Well I aint

yeah,Get out of my car

Get out

Get out of my car

I'm not Hassling the 'Hoff. But some people aren't made to be singer/songwriters.

Contradiction?

Like I've said I don't rate them too highly myself, especially Liam. Listen to Noel's acoustic version of Wonderwall though, it's fucking sublime.

No. Not a contradiction.

Like I say I hated them from day one when shaker maker came out when I happened to see them on the Chart show and no one seemed to like them for quite a while. The fact that they became popular only added to my irritation as they became massively overplayed.

No. Not a contradiction.

Like I say I hated them from day one when shaker maker came out when I happened to see them on the Chart show and no one seemed to like them for quite a while. The fact that they became popular only added to my irritation as they became massively overplayed.

Fair enough. Shakermaker is lyrically the worst song on Definately Maybe, Noel's even admitted that I think.

Fair enough. Shakermaker is lyrically the worst song on Definately Maybe, Noel's even admitted that I think.
I can see why you'd be irritated by the moaning though. There are certain bands that are really fashionable to hate and so when people criticise Stereophonics I get a bit annoyed and start to assume reasons why they don't like them (their worst song by a mile - have a nice day - being overplayed being one of them).

I can see why you'd be irritated by the moaning though. There are certain bands that are really fashionable to hate and so when people criticise Stereophonics I get a bit annoyed and start to assume reasons why they don't like them (their worst song by a mile - have a nice day - being overplayed being one of them).

Yeah, especially when there's so much other shit out there and people, alot of the time, just wanna look 'cool' by not liking certain bands. I quite like Stereophonics myself, I think I've got Just Enough Education To Perform knocking about somewhere.

Yeah, especially when there's so much other shit out there and people, alot of the time, just wanna look 'cool' by not liking certain bands. I quite like Stereophonics myself, I think I've got Just Enough Education To Perform knocking about somewhere.
Get Word gets around. Easily their best album.

• 1 month later...

Wtf, anyone remember that 'Shy Guy' tune from Bad Boys? I just thought she had a funny accent, but alas no.

I don't want no fly guy

I just want a shy guy

Oh lord have mercy mercy mercy

Di man dem in a di party party party

Di ole a dem look sexy sexy sexy

Watch dem just a

Follow me follow me follow me

Everyweh me go di man dem a rush me

Yes a whole eep a pretty boy wah fi love me

A me dem love yes a me dem love

True them know me sweet and me sexy

Everywhere me go me say me ever ready