You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red & Proud

Red Sun Rising

"As a manager you must be proud a big club like Real Madrid talk about you and your future. But I am happy here and if we continue progressing I think I will be here for a long time. I've spoken with Rick Parry, the chairman and the board and they've told me they have the same idea as me. They want to progress, to win trophies and keep the club going forward. For me, that is enough.

"Real Madrid and Inter Milan are fantastic clubs but so is Liverpool. If you are at a club where everything is right, there is no need to change. I have a responsibility here and I am grateful for the support people have given me.

"I like to do the things I say I will. I have confidence and think next season we will be better than this season. I never thumped my fist with demands for more money to spend. If I'm happy here I don't need to hear or read things about my future. My future is here."

"You can work really comfortably in England because you can decide for yourself which players to sign. As a manager it's a good situation to be in and in England it is easier than in Spain to coach and manage. Problems arise there when you tell the technical manager you want one player but he does not agree. Here the responsibility is mine.

"But if I want to stay here for a long time it means I have confidence that we can challenge Chelsea. We will have a better team next season. We are going the right way. Can we win the Premiership with the squad we assemble? It depends on other sides but we would have more possibilities. In football, even with Chelsea's money, anything is possible."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"As a manager you must be proud a big club like Real Madrid talk about you and your future. But I am happy here and if we continue progressing I think I will be here for a long time. I've spoken with Rick Parry, the chairman and the board and they've told me they have the same idea as me. They want to progress, to win trophies and keep the club going forward. For me, that is enough.

"Real Madrid and Inter Milan are fantastic clubs but so is Liverpool. If you are at a club where everything is right, there is no need to change. I have a responsibility here and I am grateful for the support people have given me.

"I like to do the things I say I will. I have confidence and think next season we will be better than this season. I never thumped my fist with demands for more money to spend. If I'm happy here I don't need to hear or read things about my future. My future is here."

"You can work really comfortably in England because you can decide for yourself which players to sign. As a manager it's a good situation to be in and in England it is easier than in Spain to coach and manage. Problems arise there when you tell the technical manager you want one player but he does not agree. Here the responsibility is mine.

"But if I want to stay here for a long time it means I have confidence that we can challenge Chelsea. We will have a better team next season. We are going the right way. Can we win the Premiership with the squad we assemble? It depends on other sides but we would have more possibilities. In football, even with Chelsea's money, anything is possible."

If I am not mistaken, I have just come.

I think we all know what Rafa feels but he's been wanting assurances before he actually came out and said it.

I think in the long run he WILL eventually go to Madrid but it won't be for a while yet.

speak for yourself dude, I'm staying where I am.

I think in the long run he WILL eventually go to Madrid but it won't be for a while yet.

I'm sure he will. But I think it will be after he's spent 20 success filled years here, retires and then comes back Bobby Robson style. By then Stevie G will be manager so everything will be peachy.

I think we all know what Rafa feels but he's been wanting assurances before he actually came out and said it.

He probably will, and he also know that he'll probably get his chance 1-2 times per season so he's in no hurry.

Everyone assumes he'll end up at Real but if he does stay here for a number of years he may well prefer to go on to manage Spain.

I'm not sold on the notion that he'll deffo manage Madrid one day either. This club has got right under the skin of many a man who had no prior affiliation with it when he arrived. Does anyone know of a bigger Red than Kenny Dalglish?

I think we're at the start of another twenty year period of domination at home and in Europe and Rafa will retire as Lifetime President of the club.

Could have said it two weeks ago. He's obviously been seeking assurances from the club that they could match his ambition. The captain did the same didn't he?

I know you like to provoke a response, but to compare Rafa to Gerrard in this context is laughably transparent. You'll have to try harder than that to get a rise, H.

Guest Momo Sissoko
Could have said it two weeks ago. He's obviously been seeking assurances from the club that they could match his ambition. The captain did the same didn't he?

What's wrong with that?

I think Gerrard was right to front the club and tell them to match his ambition. We were in danger of going further up our own backsides.

What's wrong with that?

I think Gerrard was right to front the club and tell them to match his ambition. We were in danger of going further up our own backsides.

Compare the reaction to the two situations, totally different. The only difference between the two scenarios was the time elapsed before publicly making a commitment.

Guest Momo Sissoko
I reckon he'll go to Madrid within the next two or three years. Anyone who thinks he's here for the long haul is kidding themselves, I reckon.

Wouldn't it be funny if you were wrong and he stayed for ten years?

I don't think he would want to leave before winning the title. If he left without winning the title I thing he himself would see his time here as not being a success, despite winning the CL.