You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) - Sun 21st Apr 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent result from a good performance. Decent first half, good second half.

Intensity and pressing was the best we’ve done for a while, and we also kept better hold of the ball. Until the substitutions that is, Salah gave it away three times in his first five minutes, Szoboszlai not much better, and Nunez offside two or three times. No doubt Klopp picked the right players today.

Diaz our best player, both CBs good, and Jota and Gravenberch also quite good. Also have to give some credit to Elliott, never stopped running and all in all a decent performance from him.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Great win and sets us up really well for the Everton game. 

Mac Allister getting a bit of a rest crucial.

I’d stick with that starting front three for Wednesday. 

Not a chance Salah won’t start that game …

Though I would say we played decent, this is the sort of game that underlines why we have the squad we have.

We scored 3 from an xG of about 1. Nunez and Salah are the ones who create the majority of our chances and it showed they weren't there, but we played the players who are most likely to score from nothing, and they basically did.

31 minutes ago, suzy said:

Thanks for missing the fist pumps Sky!

Don’t with Suzy. If you watch FA Cup highlights tonight you can catch Ten Hag doing them to celebrate beating Coventry on penalties.

8 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I love that he runs off celebrating before it even hits the net. Quite brilliant. He was class today. We've missed him. 

Arguably the best passer of a ball in the league.  We've also been missing probably the best finisher at the club.  They're both back and they both scored.

It's probably too late, but we should at least makes it interesting.

11 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Don’t with Suzy. If you watch FA Cup highlights tonight you can catch Ten Hag doing them to celebrate beating Coventry on penalties.

The cheeky git!

43 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Far from convincing that but it keeps us in the race.  Hopefully we can rip the Bitters anew one on Wednesday

I thought it was pretty convincing.

They didn’t create any chances and we had the game wrapped up with 20 minutes to go.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I love that he runs off celebrating before it even hits the net. Quite brilliant. He was class today. We've missed him. 

He was the difference today. Will be interesting to see how himself and Bradley might feature together next season. He could be absolutely devastating a bit ahead of the young lad. His long passing is peerless and he’d have more opportunities to shoot himself too. 

4 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I thought it was pretty convincing.

They didn’t create any chances and we had the game wrapped up with 20 minutes to go.

Yep, that’s as comfortable as a win has been this season. Any dropping of points today would have been horribly deflating. 

46 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Can't play Elliot from the start.  Apart from that, I'd give this lot another run out.

You’d imagine Macca will be back for Wednesday. I’d certainly stick with that front three. 

13 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Getting beyond the pale now the bastards.

Isn’t it just. Tonight’s offering was first broadcast less than two years ago. The pricks have got 45 years worth of Roadshow episodes to choose from.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

You’d imagine Macca will be back for Wednesday. I’d certainly stick with that front three. 

Unless you want Macca to cover Trent on the right (you don't), you have to start either Szoboszlai or Elliott. 

I also don't think the same front 3 will start.

It wasn't a great performance, but it was enough. I thought Elliot and grav had been our worst 2 players till they combined for the winner. Shows what a mad game football is at times. That aside though, the goal was sloppy as fuck that we conceded and we move the ball too slowly at times, but it was enough.

Trent was sublime for the first 40. And then he tires and they get back into it for a 5-10 mins with the injury time. I didn't think he was as good 2nd half, but it shows what we've been missing. Let's hope he can make Wednesday. 

I expect us to make a few changes on Wednesday to the front 6 and those who don't get swapped will on Saturday.