You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

1 minute ago, Smell The Glove said:

For his first window he just needs to concentrate on the 6 and 9 to begin with as we don't have either.

I'd get used to the idea of Nunez sticking around.

6 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Looks like we now have some clarity on Salah's future so it's unlikely the attack changes too much (previous reports of Nunez sticking around included). Diaz to PSG would be the only significant change we could make now it seems.

Might come as a bigger shock to his dad than getting nabbed by bandits.

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

If Salah is staying I don't see us doing much business. We have alot of players in the squad and you have Beck,Mirton and Carvalho back. We also need to keep a eye in the non HG quota. 

Probably need 2 new keepers and need a left CB. Wouldn't be shocked if they moved Endo on for a top 6. But also wouldn't be shocked if we planned for Bajectic and Morton to take them minutes. People will say we can't expect anything from Bajectic but the club won't see it that way. Noway they will block the path of sone of these youngsters if they think they'll be ready within 12 months or so

It definitely seems like the club has big plans for Bajectic. I think he’ll definitely be in the plans going forwards. I just hope he’s past his injury problems now & that he’s over his growing pains.

I’m not convinced on Morton will make it, you’d think we’d get a decent amount for him from a Championship / lower Premiership side. Likely the same with Carvalho.

11 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Liverpool are bracing themselves for bids of up to £150m from clubs in Saudi Arabia for 31-year-old Egypt forward Mohamed Salah. (Football Insider)

"Bracing themselves" 

Oh, no, please don't. Fucking hell.

I can see Edwards, Hughes & Slot in the corner of a WWE ring, pleading, going “No, no, no” like Ric Flair.

They’d likely laugh their heads off for £150m.

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'm chasing to believe we are signing Isak. 

It's been written so let it be so

Given they spent £60m on him to start with, he won’t come cheap (although the Tweet does say club record, so to be expected). 

His injury record isn’t great.

I read they were considering selling him for PSR compliance, however, I’d assume they’d still have a fair chunk of money to pay Socidiad?

Saying that, it’s still likely more profit than they’d get for Trippier or Wilson or somebody.

I’d ask for Guimarães while we’re at it!

Honest question though, if we were to buy another striker, how to we think we’d go for?

This is the top 20 or so in contention for the Golden Boot…

IMG_1391.png

IMG_1392.png

…given we’ve already been linked with Openda at our feeder club Leipzig, I suppose it makes sense.

Given he’s from Belgium, I assume his English is decent already.

The only games I've watched Openda properly was the games against Madrid and he looked like one of our forwards in the amount of chances he's missed. Leipzig should have scored at least 6 over both games and him amd Sesko missed a hatful

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The only games I've watched Openda properly was the games against Madrid and he looked like one of our forwards in the amount of chances he's missed. Leipzig should have scored at least 6 over both games and him amd Sesko missed a hatful

Yeah, think you mentioned before.

Maybe that was a one off because these numbers for this season aren’t to be sniffed at…

IMG_1393.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah, think you mentioned before.

Maybe that was a one off because these numbers for this season aren’t to be sniffed at…

IMG_1393.jpeg

Yeah he seems highly thought of round Europe and has made the step up each level from Scoring in Holland to France and now Germany. 

Reading a lot of chat about the Fulham centre half Tosin Adarabioyo available on a free this summer and how their clubs should be all over him. 6ft 5 and can play. He any good? 

Someone will buy Openda for a lot of money and he is a good player but we're not talking about someone special or especially complete.

He isn't levels above Nunez or whoever we have and for all the criticizing we can do of our forwards, which I will gladly partake in, they're all still pretty effective players.

To truly upgrade on any of them, it has to be someone who has an undeniable special talent, or that is good enough at everything that he could play pretty much every game for us.

Last summer, perfect couldn't be the enemy of good when we were upgrading the midfield, but it's not the same with the forward line.

18 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Reading a lot of chat about the Fulham centre half Tosin Adarabioyo available on a free this summer and how their clubs should be all over him. 6ft 5 and can play. He any good? 

Wouldn't go near him.

Everytime I've watched him he gives the ball away trying to play out from the back. Doesn't look comfortable under pressure at all to me

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lee909 said:

Wouldn't go near him.

Everytime I've watched him he gives the ball away trying to play out from the back. Doesn't look comfortable under pressure at all to me

Fuck that then 

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Someone will buy Openda for a lot of money and he is a good player but we're not talking about someone special or especially complete.

He isn't levels above Nunez or whoever we have and for all the criticizing we can do of our forwards, which I will gladly partake in, they're all still pretty effective players.

To truly upgrade on any of them, it has to be someone who has an undeniable special talent, or that is good enough at everything that he could play pretty much every game for us.

Last summer, perfect couldn't be the enemy of good when we were upgrading the midfield, but it's not the same with the forward line.

Rumour is he’s off to Arsenal.

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Wouldn't go near him.

The only reason he is under scrutiny is because he would be cheap. Looks really clumsy.

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Liverpool are bracing themselves for bids of up to £150m from clubs in Saudi Arabia for 31-year-old Egypt forward Mohamed Salah. (Football Insider)

"Bracing themselves" 

Oh, no, please don't. Fucking hell.

That's like saying. 

Single virgin can't wait to turn margot robbie down. 

Had a look to see how that ugarte’s getting on and never got a look in again this weekend for psg. A lot of their fans are mixed on him. Some say there’s defo a player in there but others a saying he’s awful on the ball and tactically terrible. Not good enough to offload to the prem top 6.

Anyway, Theyre expecting Bernardo Silva and Guimares in from Newcastle this summer. 

11 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I'm chasing to believe we are signing Isak. 

It's been written so let it be so

I would love Isak here. IMO, easily one of the best strikers in the World.

11 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Given they spent £60m on him to start with, he won’t come cheap (although the Tweet does say club record, so to be expected). 

His injury record isn’t great.

I read they were considering selling him for PSR compliance, however, I’d assume they’d still have a fair chunk of money to pay Socidiad?

Saying that, it’s still likely more profit than they’d get for Trippier or Wilson or somebody.

I’d ask for Guimarães while we’re at it!

Honest question though, if we were to buy another striker, how to we think we’d go for?

This is the top 20 or so in contention for the Golden Boot…

IMG_1391.png

IMG_1392.png

…given we’ve already been linked with Openda at our feeder club Leipzig, I suppose it makes sense.

Given he’s from Belgium, I assume his English is decent already.

I think Izak is a classy player who can finish . I don’t know how Martinez is in there he’s been awful every time I’ve seen him.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I think the jury is still out on both of them.

Like fuck , Mac allister has been brilliant - anyone thinking the midfield has been the biggest problem recently needs to have a word with themselves. If we didn't have three plant pots playing up front this last couple of months, we'd have absolutely pissed that league. 

• Upvote 2