You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite Klopp game

Been mentioned a few times. Could do a poll but there are so many.

For me beating Barcelona 4-0 in 2019. My dad was at deaths door at the time, he told me before the match we'd win 4-0. I put it down to the amount of morphine he was on.

Just unreal to come back like that. 

We won number 6 two days after his funeral. 

• Upvote 14

5 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Been mentioned a few times. Could do a poll but there are so many.

For me beating Barcelona 4-0 in 2019. My dad was at deaths door at the time, he told me before the match we'd win 4-0. I put it down to the amount of morphine he was on.

Just unreal to come back like that. 

We won number 6 two days after his funeral. 

That's mine too, an incredible performance.

I also loved the derby when Big Div nodded in at the death with Jurgen running on the pitch in wild celebration and chest bumping Ali.

The man's passion is something to behold.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

The one where we batter Wolves and win the league at home.

Having battered City a few weeks earlier to go 10 points clear of them. 

Thread should be 2nd favourite Klopp game. I loved the Roma game,  Alisson was brilliant, probably man of the match and still conceded 5. I remember at the time thinking we look like scoring every 3 minutes. Utd 5 nil away annoyed me, should have been 10. The 4 nil the following year annoyed me too, probably our best ever half of football and again we let the fuckers off lightly. The 7 nil is a serious contender, as are some of the City games at Anfield. Thumping Arsenal over Christmas (2018 I think). Any one of about 25 games could be the 2nd best, Villareal at home in the semi, Dortmund 4-3.

Barca without doubt. Manager, players and fans as one. No other combination in the history of world football could have pulled off that result with that atmosphere against that opponent. When you see the jealousy and bile from other fans and people like Guardiola, that's the kind of match it stems from. No other club can come close.

• Upvote 1

I have to admit, like Klopp said yesterday, there is plenty time for all this in due course. The misty eyed reminiscence can wait. 

We all need to support the players as loud as possible to ensure Klopp gets the fairytale ending he deserves. 

I'll add to the chorus and say the Barcelona 4-0 game, that game will forever stick in my head as being one I went in to hoping we'd at least conduct ourselves well while they finish off the tie, to sitting at the finish in pure disbelief at what i'd just seen.

Barcelona. Probably the most famous CL game of recent times. No Salah or Firmino and Barcelona were just arrogant twats turning up. As mentioned above I've seen all those YouTube clips of their fans falling to bits as each goal went in. One particularly funny one is a Barcelona supporters club in New York and one Liverpool fan is just standing by the wall at the back of the pub trying not to piss himself laughing. 

messi-season-ruined-featured-image.jpg

9 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Barcelona. Probably the most famous CL game of recent times. No Salah or Firmino and Barcelona were just arrogant twats turning up. As mentioned above I've seen all those YouTube clips of their fans falling to bits as each goal went in. One particularly funny one is a Barcelona supporters club in New York and one Liverpool fan is just standing by the wall at the back of the pub trying not to piss himself laughing. 

messi-season-ruined-featured-image.jpg

I'm going to find that now, it's brilliant

I also love the highlights when Alan Shearer is co-commentating. He might be a bit of a bellend at times but that night he was a confirmed kopite.