You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) - Sat 23rd Dec 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

Based on the stats you could say that the draw was the fair result. 

But, I can’t bring myself to say that when we’ve had a blatant penalty turned down and been screwed over again. 

Salah has looked sharper in recent games. But the rest of the forwards are a bit of a worry. Particularly Diaz. 

I thought van Dijk was great again. Konate defended well too but a few brain fart moments with the ball. 

Looked at on its own, it’s not the worst result. But, 4 points dropped in two consecutive home games could come back to haunt us at the business end of the season. 

I firmly believe that you can’t talk about title challenges until April of the season. See where we are then, but we’re not in the worst of positions and appear to have improved from last season. Certain areas still need to improve though. We need to go on a bit of a run of wins now to stay up there and rebuild momentum after a couple of minor setbacks. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Endo, Konate, Gomez = good.

Rest - gash. Especially Salah, even though he scored and Trent who just fuckin strolled about as arrogant as fuck. Needs a kick in the hole.

Salah can't even control the fucking ball anymore. Diaz getting injured might actually be a blessing in disguise - he shouldn't be near the first 11 in this form. 

Anyhow a point isn't the end of the world. Not ideal to be winning titles but I don't think winning the title was this seasons aim. Solidify a CL spot and then invest again. 

And yet you are negging my post about needing a better squad. Who is gonna replace Diaz? An out of sorts Nunez? Salah cant control the ball, who replaces him? We have no options.

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Based on the stats you could say that the draw was the fair result. 

But, I can’t bring myself to say that when we’ve had a blatant penalty turned down and been screwed over again. 

Salah has looked sharper in recent games. But the rest of the forwards are a bit of a worry. Particularly Diaz. 

I thought van Dijk was great again. Konate defended well too but a few brain fart moments with the ball. 

Looked at on its own, it’s not the worst result. But, 4 points dropped in two consecutive home games could come back to haunt us at the business end of the season. 

I firmly believe that you can’t talk about title challenges until April of the season. See where we are then, but we’re not in the worst of positions and appear to have improved from last season. Certain areas still need to improve though. We need to go on a bit of a run of wins now to stay up there and rebuild momentum after a couple of minor setbacks. 

its fair to say that we have not successfully replaced Bobby and Sadio. That particular front three was possibly a once in a generation combo. I think Gakpo has his strong points, and Diaz has been more prolific in front of goal at times, but both of them are in a slump. Top that off with Darwin not reaching the level of finishing we were expecting after his early strong finishes against Newcastle etc, and you can see that we are extremely reliant on goals from midfield.

Also, even though our scouse greek is playing well enough, we’re seriously missing Robbo at his best.

We should have won that. Should have been a pen, Trent should have buried it. Great game of football and fair play to arsenal who despite a couple of their lot throwing themselves on the deck, turned up and played as opposed to those shitcunts last week. 

Anyway, coulda, shoulda,  woulda, whatever. Off to find the boxing. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Diving, time-wasting cunts - and the ref couldn't wait to blow each time. As bad as we were up front, they did everything they could to break that game up. Fuck Arsenal and fuck the arse licking commentators. Twats.

Egg nog anyone?

The ref was seriously beginning to do my head in with all the soft free kicks for Arsenal in the second half. I wouldn't have minded if he had been the same with both teams but he wasn't giving us anything unless it was absolutely blatant. I'm not surprised Mo lost it with him near the end when he gave a free kick when it looked like Mo had won it back with a strong but fair challenge. He'd ignored a clear foul on Mo about a minute before it as well. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mark M said:

Mistake by Klopp with the starting front 3.

Diaz has done nothing to deserve to start currently. Nunez seems to get all the blame for lack of goals but at least he takes players on. Diaz is not doing anything. 

Nuñez has been worse than useless for a while now.

2 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

A fair result around, shocking handball decision aside.

All it's done for me if reaffirm that the rest of the forward players need a massive kick up the arse, with the exception of Salah. We won't win a thing as it stands with a misfiring Nunez and Diaz. 

Not sure kick up the arse will cover it. 

19 minutes ago, niallers said:

Our attack has been abysmal the last few weeks. We butchered so many chances to create the chance and trent just had to fucking score. 4 points fucked away in a week at home. No real disgrace today but we should've won both.

We desperately need mac robbo and jota back.

We're just plugging gaps with our better players and manager at the moment.

We're still in it, but draws are starting to fucking kill us.

Biggest winners are City. Laughing their arses off they are.

Our last 3 games against these cunts we conceded in the first 2 mins. That needs to stop, and yet again, we concede first. It's still happening too often.

Huge chance missed.

Agree. Man City have gone away, become world champions & will be confident of catching us fairly quickly. It's been said before that we are ahead or where we should be etc but I don't totally buy into that. You cant plan to win the league in 2 seasons time, you have to grab the opportunity when it arises & this season with City not being themselves in the league is an opportunity we can't turn down. Next season they could be back to their best & we won't have a chance. Got to stop these draws. 

9 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

A fair result around, shocking handball decision aside.

All it's done for me if reaffirm that the rest of the forward players need a massive kick up the arse, with the exception of Salah. We won't win a thing as it stands with a misfiring Nunez and Diaz. 

Aside from the goal Salah was brutal.

• Upvote 2