You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (A) - Sat 16th Sep 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Once again, it's not that positive in terms of the performance, but it's a big result.

We were able to flip a switch in the 2nd half and there's something to be said for that.

We aren't playing well that is for sure.

But it is to be expected IMO. 

Bedding in new players who are adapting and trying to get an understanding of what is expected and get it nailed and trying to get used to each other etc.....complicated by a constantly changing line up due to the issues we have had....must be hard for midfielders to one week look up and see Nunez and Diaz then the next see Jota and Gakpo and then Gakpo is one of them and so on....

It is all a bit make and mend at moment - but that will settle and when it does we should expect performances to improve as stability, continuity and understanding etc grows.

In meantime the fact we are winning and often in adversity bodes really well.

Much improved second half. Changes were key and Nunez and Diaz having the ability to run and beat players was vital.

Very impressed with Elliott, looks much improved and stronger too.

Let’s keep this run going with a win on Thursday and give West Ham a good hammering on Sunday. Happy weekend ladies and gentlemen.

13 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Had a stream on for the first half with Andy Townsend who was absolutely crestfallen that Cunha didn't put them 2 up. Cunts.

Always surprises me that anyone listens to the commentary. I watch on mute and create my own atmosphere 

10 minutes ago, magicrat said:

We shouldn't forget how poor we were in the first half. Wolves well and truly let us off the hook . Play like that again and odds are we get stuffed. That said we stepped up and properly punished them after the break

It's probably going to be similar for these early kick offs, I'm not reading much into the first half at all. We were never going to look the better side early on with no preparation during training and players not being fresh from playing internationals and travelling. You lose your edge in those situations but we got going in the 2nd half and seem to be reacting well to adversity which will stand us in good stead for the season. There's a lot more to come from this team but we already look so much better against teams who sit deep because we can break the lines and keep the ball when the space is really squeezed. Last year we'd have Hendo hitting 3mph scooped air hoofs or passing it backwards.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I thought that in real time. But the replay made it clear that he just got his kick all wrong. Bitter Manc. 

He was fucking shocking with his distribution all game that goalie. He’s a bit of a weird case, he was amazing in his first season but seems to have got steadily worse since then. Will absolutely cost Wolves more points this season.

7 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Schmeichel , 2nd goal Liverpool impeded the Wolves keeper when he was kicking downfield. What the fuck is he smoking ?? Biased cunt.

Schmeichel doesn’t think we’ve scored a legitimate goal all season. He’s so obviously biased he’s become laughably embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

While I agree that's probably wiser I am too used to it and like the sound of the crowd etc

Yeah, the ideal would be stadium sound with the commentary muppets on mute. Having to put up with the randomness or bias of referees, the play acting of players and our 12.30-1.30 malaise is enough of a wind up without having to hear half-wits like Jenas as well.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TheSire said:

It's probably going to be similar for these early kick offs, I'm not reading much into the first half at all. We were never going to look the better side early on with no preparation during training and players not being fresh from playing internationals and travelling. You lose your edge in those situations but we got going in the 2nd half and seem to be reacting well to adversity which will stand us in good stead for the season. There's a lot more to come from this team but we already look so much better against teams who sit deep because we can break the lines and keep the ball when the space is really squeezed. Last year we'd have Hendo hitting 3mph scooped air hoofs or passing it backwards.

Don't agree mate,  We shouldn't have that bad against any team let alone Wolves . It wasn't just a bad 10 or 15 minutes it was the whole of the first half and it should have been game over.  We just cant turn up in that state and expect to get away with it again. 

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

Don't agree mate,  We shouldn't have that bad against any team let alone Wolves . It wasn't just a bad 10 or 15 minutes it was the whole of the first half and it should have been game over.  We just cant turn up in that state and expect to get away with it again. 

We were awful in the first half, but it would have been surprising if we hadn't been, in a way.

The excuses were piling up; kickoff time, unavailable players at the back, loads of players having played internationals, including some in South America. 

Very, very easy to criticize them at half time, but they got it done.

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I mean actually to be fair I did miss the first 20 mins because I got distracted and fucking forgot about the early kick off. Again though, early kick off. It'll be interesting to see the difference down the line whether there's a pattern to be concerned about or just a sloppy start due to lack of prep time before the game. The other side have a big advantage in preparation and it's obviously going to make some difference, no teams are complete bums at this level, especially with the playing field being levelled due to the improvement in sports science and data analytics etc.