You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Gooch said:

Not been impressed with Arsenal at all, they’ve certainly looked worse than Spurs. Get the feeling they will be there until the end especially with no Europe.

Spurs have played 7 of the bottom 10, including the bottom 4 (4 of the worst teams in PL history). In their only big games, they drew with Arsenal, drew with us* and beat a woeful Man United. Chelsea, Wolves, Villa, City, West Ham, and Newcastle are their next 6. If they are above 4th after that, I'll be shocked.

*And were lucky to draw 2-2 to a 9 man Liverpool. 

I've been a big fan of Ange for a long time (even though some of his comments after the Liverpool game pissed me off) but this Spurs love-in is starting to shit me. 

No Europe is massive for them, as their squad depth isn't all that, but their first-choice attacking options are pretty good. 

I don't see them dropping off. Not that they'll win the league but one game a week is huge is this league. Obviously a injury to Son changes that but they've bought exceptionally well lately. Maddison,van den Ven,Udogie,Bentancur etc 

Shame we didn't follow up on van den ven as he looks very good

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Momentum is important. They’re going to be hard to shift thanks to what has been a suspiciously kind fixture list - their next three are close to guaranteed wins, too. 

Chelsea H - improving, good players, returning old coach etc. 

Wolves A - Beat City. 

Villa H - Early away wobbles seem behind them now, in a good run of form, will be European challengers. 

I think that’s very far from guaranteed.

Followed by…

City A

WHU H 

Newcastle A

Then are then at Forest and Brighton before New Year. 

Currently, I’m very dismissive of Spurs. The average position of the slides they’ve played so far is like 13. They’ve played 6 of the bottom 9, including the bottom 4 (in comparison, we’ve played 2 / 9).  

Hopefully they get something at the Emptyhad, I think it’s more likely they fall into the pack by New Year and I fully expect us to have overtaken them. 

11 hours ago, Strontium said:

Spurs on top of the league is like seeing a fish up a tree, nobody knows how it got there, everyone knows it has no business being there (including the fish), yet there it is.

You’ve seen a fish up a tree? Maybe there are underwater trees.

Loads of headlines about Spurs being "5 points clear" at the top of the table. What is "clear" supposed to mean in that context? They've played a game more; that's no more clear of opponents than a side in an early kick-off getting a win and supposedly being 3 points clear of their rivals. Just say "ahead", nobheads.