You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wallets

Section_31

17 hours ago, A Red said:

I had a night out in Hull on Saturday night, I bet no fucker had a wallet, or even a phone for that matter in their back pockets. Keys and money in your front pockets so they have to come front on at you.

I learnt that a long time ago in S America. Thieves there are very adept at slitting the bottom of your back pocket and catching your wallet as it falls out. Keep it in your front pocket and you can hook your thumb over it.

19 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The problem I have with a wallet is it really needs to go in the back pocket, and that's an easy dip for some scrote.

Plus, you end up sitting on it, and that can affect your posture.

Chiropractors tell you to never carry your phone/wallet in your back pocket. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Chiropractors tell you to never carry your phone/wallet in your back pocket. 

Aye, I snapped my spine in half last week taking my wallet out my back pocket.

Chiropractors are full of shite.

On 21/03/2023 at 22:14, an tha said:

Never used a wallet or any sort of card holder.

Just put whatever need for whatever doing in pockets - including cash if need any. But usually it is just bank card i carry in pocket loose.

Mostly this,but I have a cheapo plastic card holder wallet type thingy that Natwest gave out for free that I keep my cards in mostly. I only carry one or two cards at a time as I usually have no money and my missus prefers using cash. Front pockets for valuables though.

On 21/03/2023 at 20:27, Section_31 said:

How do you carry your cards/cash?

I've always had a wallet but like most people I rarely use cash now, so have been using a slim card holder which is sound. Think I'm gonna buy a decent one though with rfid to block digital theft.

My cousin's fella has got one of these metal ones where you put all the cards in the middle like a sandwich. It looks cool but not sure how practical it is.

Years ago when I started watching The sopranos I bought a money clip but it was so expensive I had no money to put in it.

ArcticComplicatedHadrosaurus-size_restricted.gif.365009373994fa1abd0ef0ef1422f917.gif

I bought this one from a guy called Jackie Boy Mora, owner of Soul Sick Leather. You can check out his Instagram here : https://instagram.com/soulsickleather?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Anyway, I had the cash and thought fuck it, cost me over £200, but it's a total one off, which we bounced a few designs around via email before Jackie Boy absolutely nailed it.

Really high quality leather, totally hand carved.

IMG_20230325_111226.jpg

IMG_20230325_111236.jpg

IMG_20230325_111258.jpg

• Upvote 1

Last one is my favourite though; my granda's dress wallet from 1940 - 1950. You can see the note denomination is in shillings in the fold out photo.

The leather is obviously totally broken in and feels smooth as a babies bottom. I generally wear this when I'm wearing a suit, inside breast pocket because it's so slim and flat.

IMG_20230325_110400.jpg

IMG_20230325_110407.jpg

• Upvote 3