You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

By The Decade Draft - Semi-Final 1

Bjornebye

Pick Your Favourite Side  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite Side

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/07/22 at 13:50

Gone with Lee. It's been said many times that all of these teams are great and its true. I've literally just looked at who has more 'weak' players, and decided Lee edges it. 

I know people on here rate McGrath quite highly but he has no place in the final, given the quality of players on show.

49 minutes ago, John102 said:

Gone with Lee. It's been said many times that all of these teams are great and its true. I've literally just looked at who has more 'weak' players, and decided Lee edges it. 

I know people on here rate McGrath quite highly but he has no place in the final, given the quality of players on show.

McGrath was a phenomenal player and vastly underrated. Especially on here, I suspect in part with his links to the mancs. 

23 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

McGrath was a phenomenal player and vastly underrated. Especially on here, I suspect in part with his links to the mancs. 

You reckon? I think he’s overrated on here tbh, he gets praised to the rafters in any draft he’s in. Very good player but he’s against the very best the world has seen in this draft and he’s not on that level. Same goes for McGrain. 

I’d say Lee has the better defence and Dynamite the better attack. Maradona and Van Basten would make mincemeat out of Kompany. 

I think Lee has the better midfield though so I’m going to plump for him but it’s very close. Now Michael Laudrup is a player who is underrated in general (I know you love him) I think. Hardly ever gets mentioned nowadays when talking of the all time greats but he was an exceptional  player. 

3 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

You reckon? I think he’s overrated on here tbh, he gets praised to the rafters in any draft he’s in. Very good player but he’s against the very best the world has seen in this draft and he’s not on that level. Same goes for McGrain. 

I’d say Lee has the better defence and Dynamite the better attack. Maradona and Van Basten would make mincemeat out of Kompany. 

I think Lee has the better midfield though so I’m going to plump for him but it’s very close. Now Michael Laudrup is a player who is underrated in general (I know you love him) I think. Hardly ever gets mentioned nowadays when talking of the all time greats but he was an exceptional  player. 

I agree, Laudrup is underrated by many. He was a fabulous footballer. 

This is extremely close and I’m still struggling which way to vote. 

I think in these drafts Messi and Maradona tend to get lumped in with Cruyff, Eusebio and even the likes of Suarez. They are on a different level, it's them that should be judged as the difference makers and not the weakest players in the sides as us usually the case in these. Long winded way of saying Dynamite has my vote.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

I think in these drafts Messi and Maradona tend to get lumped in with Cruyff, Eusebio and even the likes of Suarez. They are on a different level, it's them that should be judged as the difference makers and not the weakest players in the sides as us usually the case in these. Long winded way of saying Dynamite has my vote.

I disagree. If you're just judging it like that then whoever goes first(ish) and gets to pick those will always win.

For me the skill in the draft is about planning and trying to plan it out and avoid the weaker players at the end of the draft.

15 minutes ago, John102 said:

For me the skill in the draft is about planning and trying to plan it out and avoid the weaker players at the end of the draft.

This

With hindsight and seeing how it played out I probably would have gone a different way at the start. But I wanted flexibility later on so took Eusebio with the first pick. One of the greatest forwards of all time and from a country with relatively few players I'd want to pick. And wanted to keep the big nations till later. Probably why teams tend to habe a similar balance as I rarely have the fancy picks. 

I'm assuming we don't pick our own team so if @Allan agrees we just sit out the picks as pointless votong for each other

12 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Without wanting to sound a cunt (and I’ve voted for Dynamite) but if he’s not going to bother to vote even once I’d just put Lee through to the final. 

He doesn't have to vote in this one mate? 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Both go through based on both teams being too good and I'm not gonna kick one out on a technicality but @Allan I know you can't get on all the time but not voting in the previous round..... You bastard. 

Just put Lee through. Running around like a blue arsed fly at the minute, and will be for the next month or so.