You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Members sale 22/23, the beginning of the end for those who cant attend every game

Code

17 hours ago, Bob said:

The gilded life of a season ticket holder also has its flaws. Like… I’ll never be able to take my daughter to a match unless I can persuade someone who sits near me to miss one.

edit: oh, and I’ll never go to a cup final again cause I said no to the ACS one year not knowing it was a use it or lose it situation

But members can't sit next to their mates who are season ticket holders.

Look, I take your point.

But when members on low credits are hosed for money for virtually no chance, and members on high credits are charged up front for effectively half season tickets with none of the benefits, I still think we get the raw deal. Plus we're left to the randomness of the queuing system to find out how much we pay.

I can't miss a game without losing a credit. A season ticket holder can pass it on, through the club, as much as they want without any penalty. That's some bullshit.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RedKnight said:

But members can't sit next to their mates who are season ticket holders.

Look, I take your point.

But when members on low credits are hosed for money for virtually no chance, and members on high credits are charged up front for effectively half season tickets with none of the benefits, I still think we get the raw deal. Plus we're left to the randomness of the queuing system to find out how much we pay.

I can't miss a game without losing a credit. A season ticket holder can pass it on, through the club, as much as they want without any penalty. That's some bullshit.

yeah, members have it worse. My point was more that the club would just as much like to fuck us as they do you, if they could get away with it.

and the sharing tickets without any penalty won’t last. That will be next.

• Upvote 1

On 24/01/2024 at 11:12, Code said:

This new system where the member who attend the game gets the credit makes it even easier for the touts than it used to be to get their hands on more tickets.

The math is very simple.

If a tout has 10 cards with full credits and he buy all 19 home games on every card, he has 60 matches availible if he takes a chance on 13 matches is enough for full credit the next season.

He might want to be on the safe side though, so he makes sure every card have at least 14 matches, that makes 50 matches availible.

These matches he can then start to distribute on new member cards, then when next season comes, he has got 14 or 13 cards with full credits, instead of 10, depending on if he fill his cards with 13 or 14 credits.

This new system has to go, if someone cant attend a game and have to sell on the ticket, they should obviously keep the credit. The same obviously goes if they buy a ticket and then cant go without being able to sell it on or give it away so it register at the ground. 

I wish I could neg the use of 'math' instead of 'maths' there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob said:

yeah, members have it worse. My point was more that the club would just as much like to fuck us as they do you, if they could get away with it.

and the sharing tickets without any penalty won’t last. That will be next.

Fair, mate. It all winds me up, they're not helping anyone.

• Upvote 1

On 25/01/2024 at 22:10, an tha said:

Unless did an away was always going to be a ballot job. 

Seems fair enough to me.

Odds appear to be about a 1 in 1.8 chance it seems.

We've been 32k for the final. I'm sure the club allocated 75% of that allocation to general admission in 2022 - so 24k. Given Bournemouth & Fulham don't give many, lets say there is have 21k in the ballot.

IMO, that is waaaaay to much in be luck of the draw. I think it should be ST holders with League Cup Auto Cup Scheme and then a ballot for anybody else. Or if ST with ACS is >21k, it's a ballot for them. I know loads won't agree with me here, IMO, Members shouldn't come into it until the end.

I know the above is in my favour, however, I don't see how anybody could say 22 years as a ST with ACS being in the same ballot as people with potentially 3 games this season is fair. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

We've been 32k for the final. I'm sure the club allocated 75% of that allocation to general admission in 2022 - so 24k. Given Bournemouth & Fulham don't give many, lets say there is have 21k in the ballot.

IMO, that is waaaaay to much in be luck of the draw. I think it should be ST holders with League Cup Auto Cup Scheme and then a ballot for anybody else. Or if ST with ACS is >21k, it's a ballot for them. I know loads won't agree with me here, IMO, Members shouldn't come into it until the end.

I know the above is in my favour, however, I don't see how anybody could say 22 years as a ST with ACS being in the same ballot as people with potentially 3 games this season is fair. 

Sorry but no for me.

The season ticket is the season ticket and it comes with its own perks and of course fair do's for owning it - but you are also lucky to own - it is for the league and it gurantees you the same spec and guarantees you for every home game....

The cups are a different competition - with different ticketing arrangements and your season ticket does not give you and it (and IMO it shouldn't do either) any more of a claim to final tickets than anyone else's ACS attendance.

The only thing i would potentially change is maybe counting loyalty of being in the ACS....for example I have been in all 3 ever since they started...

But as I say for me, ST's should have zero impact on the cups....Well actually i think you do get a slight perk - i think you may (i could be wrong) get first crack at ACS registration - not 100% sure on that but think may be so.

You've attended 3 league cup games this season - your chances of getting a final ticket should be the same as someone else who has attended the same IMO.

• Upvote 2

On 27/01/2024 at 19:31, an tha said:

Sorry but no for me.

The season ticket is the season ticket and it comes with its own perks and of course fair do's for owning it - but you are also lucky to own - it is for the league and it gurantees you the same spec and guarantees you for every home game....

The cups are a different competition - with different ticketing arrangements and your season ticket does not give you and it (and IMO it shouldn't do either) any more of a claim to final tickets than anyone else's ACS attendance.

The only thing i would potentially change is maybe counting loyalty of being in the ACS....for example I have been in all 3 ever since they started...

But as I say for me, ST's should have zero impact on the cups....Well actually i think you do get a slight perk - i think you may (i could be wrong) get first crack at ACS registration - not 100% sure on that but think may be so.

You've attended 3 league cup games this season - your chances of getting a final ticket should be the same as someone else who has attended the same IMO.

I don’t agree, I don’t you think expected I would. Absolutely fine, we’re aren’t going to agree on it. 

I was talking to my mate yesterday. He had 5 League Cup aways. He just missed out on Fulham because it sold out on 6 aways. 

However, those 5 aways are lost and he’s the ballot like everybody else. 

IMO, ballots don’t reward long term loyalty.

Anyway, I entered today. I’m expecting disappointment next Wednesday. 

On 27/01/2024 at 00:20, RedKnight said:

There's not a day goes by - I mean that quite literally - where I don't think about the stupendous stroke of dumb luck that has led me to have a season ticket. They shouldn't exist, they're an absurd relic.

• Upvote 1

On 27/01/2024 at 19:31, an tha said:

Sorry but no for me.

I agree with this. 

Season tickets are just the league equivalent of the auto cup scheme, it's a separate competition though so everyone who has been to the same games in whatever competition should be treated the same. 

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t agree, I don’t you think expected I would. Absolutely fine, we’re aren’t going to agree on it. 

I was talking to my mate yesterday. He had 5 League Cup aways. He just missed out on Fulham because it sold out on 6 aways. 

However, those 5 aways are lost and he’s the ballot like everybody else. 

IMO, ballots don’t reward long term loyalty.

Anyway, I entered today. I’m expecting disappointment next Wednesday. 

Wherever you put a line for qualifying for something or being able to apply for something etc somebody will fall just on the wrong side of it and then complain it isn't fair or right...we could all bring up loads of different examples based on our own experiences - footy related and general life related!

But for me your whole idea that being a ST holder should count for more when it comes to cup competitions is just fundamentally flawed and wrong - but as you say we are not going to agree - so happy to agree to disagree.

Good luck in ballot.

I was in at 11(when the sale started)and was able to get a ticket and check out within a minute or so. All of the upper Anny road was available, some of the lower and a few in the lower Kenny. 

I’ve checked just now (6pm) and all of the upper Anny road still has availability.

The waiting list seems to be managed okay, although I think the most common price I saw was £54.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I had 2 chances. Both unsuccessful. 5 ballots in a row where I have been unsuccessful.

Also unsuccessful.

Trying to be philosophical about it, I’ve been to every final since Wembley in 1992. Unfortunately all the aways I’ve been to are never in my own name. I’ve had an unreal run, this day was coming sooner or later, doesn’t make it any less gutting, it is what it is. 

I’m 1667 on the waiting list, hopefully that comes up trumps.