You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham Hotspur 2 Liverpool 2 (Dec 19 2021)

tlw content

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Great report Dave. As you say, the game could have been a win, loss and as it turned out, a draw.

I think we were robbed yet again by the officials. It seems to me that many times, the on field officials abdicate all but the 'major' decisions to VAR while VAR very much depends on who is doing the review. Many times, they dont want to overrule the match officials but I cant get my head round the shocking decisions in this game.

To a man virtually, everyone involved in the game has said Kane's a red card and Jota should have had a stonewall pen. Hacket, Clattenburg, hacks in the print media and all the Sky pundits.

Hacket's a smashing bloke. Real down to earth, I used to ref in the Wavertree Junior alliance and attended a semibar where he was the main event as a  current ref in the then football league.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frank Dacey said:

Shearer was asked that question MOTD 2 and grinned rather knowingly. The full clip is on BBC sport website. I watched Tierney and Kavanagh a fair bit when I was watching Championship games and thought they were two of the better referees at that level (not a high bar, admittedly) so I was quite pleased when they got promoted on to the elite list. Watching them know, they give me the impression of  two people who are content that they have 'made it'. They've not improved at all and in fact have actually got worse. All the evidence is that once on that elite list it's almost impossible to get kicked off it. Look how long it took to get Lee Mason off it. The result is that Tierney, Kavanagh and the likes of Attwell from last week are not going to be dropped and held accountable. The real villain of the piece is Mike Riley who selects, persists and protects these people.

Yip Mike Riley the man who reffed the infamous Mancs v Arsenal game , a shameful display of bent refereeing.

• Like 1

Unless these fuckers are answerable to they're match performance then nothing will change. Behind the fa"s closed doors there's probably nothing said at all. 

Just like the managers are interviewed after each game then so the ref should be too,after all he's part of the match too. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Butch said:

Unless these fuckers are answerable to they're match performance then nothing will change. Behind the fa"s closed doors there's probably nothing said at all. 

Just like the managers are interviewed after each game then so the ref should be too,after all he's part of the match too. 

Never gonna happen. Would jus be proving what we already know.

5 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

They’ve named the officials for our game v Chelsea on 2nd Jan. Anthony Taylor ref, Tierney on VAR. What the fuck? Surely we have to say something. 

A Manc and another who clearly hates us who now has an axe to grind/free hint because Klopp called him out.

Mike Riley needs to die by a faulty electric blanket.

Outstanding match report.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Tierney was the ref who blew up early when Mane was running through clean on goal vs United. That decision still angers me because much was never made of it in mainstream media.

I do agree that Kavanagh on VAR was the bigger dickhead on Sunday. But the biggest dickhead of all is Mike Riley for continually ignoring grossly incompetent performances from these officials. No punishment, no admitting of errors, no accountability. 

• Upvote 1

Really honest match report. 

Kane knows he should have been sent off - watch his hands to his head reaction when he gets up after the challenge on Robbo.

Kavanagh on VAR was totally incompetent. 

One thing that was not commented on was the Spurs player that knocked Robbo to the ground after his red card incident - surely that was violent/serious foul play.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Still grates a bit this. We are in a season were just a few dropped points makes the difference and the officials fixed this result, it could cost us a title challenge.

There's this one, and potentially next week at Leicester if we're made to play that one with a depleted squad and running on fumes. We should have the covid lads back for that but everyone else is gonna be fucked. This week has the potential to be decisive.

3 minutes ago, dave u said:

There's this one, and potentially next week at Leicester if we're made to play that one with a depleted squad and running on fumes. We should have the covid lads back for that but everyone else is gonna be fucked. This week has the potential to be decisive.

Brendan to do a Real Madrid at City so his boys are nice and fresh for the home game? 

• dave u unpinned this topic