You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 5 really boring musical acts everyone buzzes off

Chris

I'm going to throw ABBA into the mix here. The odd song of theirs from their heyday i don't mind (SOS, mainly) but the furore over their comeback is nausea inducing. Both of those songs that they brought out last month were utterly dreadful, so there's no way i can bring myself to sit through an albums worth of nostalgic, cliche ridden balladry. 

Some things are best left in the era that they were successful in.   

On 14/10/2021 at 21:09, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Of all the wrong stuff you've ever posted ...

*Billy Batts voice

Now go get your fucking Pet Shop Boys 

It's fucking unbelievable that.  One of the most innovative, creative, out-there artists who could walk in and conquer the mainstream whenever he felt like it.  Proof beyond doubt that SD is the wrongest of wronguns.

On 16/10/2021 at 16:14, DalyanPete said:

Really? Didn't think many people would know his stuff.

Hush now child.

Jesus wept.

Anyway, his best album was his last.  He'd been paralysed from the neck down after a PA stack fell on him, and he could only muster the strength to sing one line at a time.  Poignant and beautiful.

On 07/11/2021 at 01:24, The Midnight Rambler said:

Greatest living artist is just being a bit silly, mate.

It really isn’t. I mean these things are subjective but consistency is key. Since 1983 Cave with the bad seeds has made 17 studio albums and not one of them is a clunker, not one and that’s without including his work with the Birthday Party, Grinderman and Warren Ellis,  again not a clunker in sight. He’s 63 now, an old man his last two albums have( for me) been the best work he’s done, that’s without factoring in his live performances which at 63 years of age remain nothing short of spectacular. I can’t think of a single artist or band  that can begin to match his ridiculous consistency over such a long period of time. A truly magnificent artist. Without equal for me. His quality control is unique.

• Upvote 1

Seen Elton John’s playing Anfield next summer and asked the mrs if she fancied going. 

Was surprised to be met with a resounding no till she reminded me that back in the day.  I was drunkenly arguing with a mate saying he only had 3 good songs.

She made a good point.

Rod Stewart was on Graeme Norton “performing” his new song last night and he made an absolute show of himself.

Another 3 hit wonder for me.

9 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Seen Elton John’s playing Anfield next summer and asked the mrs if she fancied going. 

Was surprised to be met with a resounding no till she reminded me that back in the day.  I was drunkenly arguing with a mate saying he only had 3 good songs.

She made a good point.

Rod Stewart was on Graeme Norton “performing” his new song last night and he made an absolute show of himself.

Elton only had 3 good songs? Thats up there with Howdys outrageous claim about Nick Cave that mate. 

Out of interest, what 3? 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah, top two are bonafide classics. Alongside plenty of his others. 

Rocket Man

Saturday Nights alright 

Your song

are his 3 greats. The rest wouldn’t make me wanna stand and watch him play them for 3 hours. 

Better interviewee than singer for me. Reckon he’d be brilliant company on a night out tho. Defo on my list for my imaginary dinner table night.

18 minutes ago, Red74 said:

She made a good point.

Fuck me, between 1967 & 1973, Rod Stewart sang on a shit load of great songs.

He's terrible now right enough & has been since the mid 70s.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

Rocket Man

Saturday Nights alright 

Your song

are his 3 greats. The rest wouldn’t make me wanna stand and watch him play them for 3 hours. 

Better interviewee than singer for me. Reckon he’d be brilliant company on a night out tho. Defo on my list for my imaginary dinner table night.

Nah I think he's a genius. Great pianist, brilliant songwriter and a cracking singer. I too think he'd be top company. 

6 minutes ago, Mook said:

The Velvet Underground.

Those cunts invented being shit musicians & are somehow lauded as geniuses.

Clueless,  The Velvet Underground are unbelievably good, Heroin, Ocean, All tomorrow’s parties, Venus in furs, pale blue eyes, lady godivas operation, what goes on, new age …..the list is fucking endless……just clueless 

13 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Clueless,  The Velvet Underground are unbelievably good, Heroin, Ocean, All tomorrow’s parties, Venus in furs, pale blue eyes, lady godivas operation, what goes on, new age …..the list is fucking endless……just clueless 

giphy-5.gif