You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

20 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Badenoch now a clear favourite amongst the members. If she makes it to the last 2, she’s the next Pm. Astonishing really. 

All of the people on that list where like picking how you would like to be murdered. It's insane.

8 minutes ago, redinblack said:

All of the people on that list where like picking how you would like to be murdered. It's insane.

Badenoch looks like a poisoner.

Tugendhat would run you over in his Range Rover.

Truss would stab you with barber scissors.

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

Badenoch looks like a poisoner.

Tugendhat would drive over you in his Range Rover.

Truss would stab you with barber scissors.

Sunak would hire someone. He would be like a baddy in Bergerac or something

• Upvote 1

Won't someone make it stop.

The chancellor Nadhim Zahawi is under pressure to explain the source of £26m of unsecured loans reported by his family property firm in 2018 as he faces questions over his tax affairs.

The millions of pounds of loans helped Zahawi and his wife buy properties across Britain, including commercial and retail premises in London, Birmingham, Brighton and Walton-on-Thames in Surrey.

The Observer has established that new loans to the property firm Zahawi and Zahawi were reported in the same year that an offshore family company linked to the chancellor sold shares in YouGov, the polling firm he founded, transferring £26m to an unknown recipient or recipients.

56 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The chancellor Nadhim Zahawi is under pressure to explain the source of £26m of unsecured loans reported by his family property firm in 2018 as he faces questions over his tax affairs.

The millions of pounds of loans helped Zahawi and his wife buy properties across Britain, including commercial and retail premises in London, Birmingham, Brighton and Walton-on-Thames in Surrey.

The Observer has established that new loans to the property firm Zahawi and Zahawi were reported in the same year that an offshore family company linked to the chancellor sold shares in YouGov, the polling firm he founded, transferring £26m to an unknown recipient or recipients.

Christ if this had been a footie manager there would have been bank accounts in various pets names that even the fraud squad could rumble.  These Tory chaps are way smarter. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Tonight’s debate could be seminal. Sunak and Tugenhadt both need to come out punching to stay in the fight. Badenoch could be the shock winner, still 10/1 at the bookies. 

She ain’t doing shit, I don’t think. 

Tommy Tug is an outside shot. Sunak vs Penny, with Penny winning. That’s what I reckon. Or Sunak winning. Or one of the others winning. Or maybe not. But probably. 

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The fact the national crime agency investigated him and he's still chancellor is amazing. Let's be honest you don't get those sort of investigations if everything is transparent and above board

12 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

The fact the national crime agency investigated him and he's still chancellor is amazing. Let's be honest you don't get those sort of investigations if everything is transparent and above board

I think it probably explains why he lasted such a short time in the race, they must know he has some serious skeletons. 

Badenoch is so clueless and out of her depth it's comical. I assume it must be the massive limitations of the other candidates making her appear credible?

I'm still hoping Truss wins in the end. She's so ludicrous and dumb, nice line in being a Thatcher impersonator though. I appreciate there's a chance she'd start a nuclear war but she'd be easy meat for Labour.

16 minutes ago, clangers said:

Badenoch is so clueless and out of her depth it's comical. I assume it must be the massive limitations of the other candidates making her appear credible?

I'm still hoping Truss wins in the end. She's so ludicrous and dumb, nice line in being a Thatcher impersonator though. I appreciate there's a chance she'd start a nuclear war but she'd be easy meat for Labour.

it's also the damage she could do to the economy and our world standing in the mean time - she will shit on anything Johnson has managed. i think she represents the bast chance of a labour win at the next GE, but it might feel as hollow as Ukraine winning back what's left of Mariupol by then. 

28 minutes ago, clangers said:

Badenoch is noting more than Gove playing kingmaker getting massively out of hand.

She's doing very well which bodes well for both of them, and a few others, as once she's out they'll have to 'lend their vote' to one or the other and in the least suprising turn of events they'll lend them to whoever offers them the sweetest positions, which has always been the long term plan you'd assume.

It'll be a Labour landslide if Truss takes over, not taking in to account them fucking her off before an election as she's so fucking useless. What pieces Labour would have to pick up though doesn't bear entertaining thought. It'd be like hiring a dinner lady to run a prison.

I think Sunak is almost as useless as Truss, so would take him.  An empty vessel and terrible off script, cringey.  I would be a little bit worried about him getting the Tory "I'm not a racist" vote at a GE though.

Recommend (might be the wrong word) but yesterday’s Any Answers? On R4 was quite sobering. It’s a phone in where people respond to Friday’s Any Questions? 

One older guy was in tears over him and his ill wife’s future and the presenter had to console him. 

Others were saying they won’t vote in the future as ALL politicians are the same. 

Just now, Kepler-186 said:

Others were saying they won’t vote in the future as ALL politicians are the same. 

That's a Tory's way of not being able to admit they've been conned. Good. Stay the fuck home you twat and let those who care about other people and the state of the country have a greater say.

• Upvote 1

You do get the sense there is some breaking point coming.

I don't think people realise just how bad this winter is going to get,literally millions of people will not be afford to heat themselves.

Then there is the real prospect of countless strikes up and down the country.

And the Tory answer to thus is to blame immigrants and people on benefits.

Whilst they earn a few hundred grand for a few hours work.