You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I'm not denying he makes mistakes, every goalkeeper does. I'm saying his mistakes are few and far between and his great saves are numerous. Just the fact that you've used the Bayern games as a stick to beat him with shows your agenda. If we're going there, why don't you pull up the 4-5 saves he made to keep Real Madrid in the tie?

Nope, no agenda. All I originally posted was a couple of sentences which said Perez has wanted rid for the last season or so. I added my own opinion that I thought he was shite.

Next thing the likes of yourself and 3 stacks ho ho pile in. Now I know some people here think unless you have over 10000 +ve points you should keep your trap shut and just nod sage like at the so called better judgement of others. That would make life boring and rather defeat the object of a forum.

Now I do not personally think we should be looking at Navas. In my opinion he has too many errors in him. If you do not like my opinion tough. You are entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to mine. And I will continue to post them and  reply to any comment that says I am posting shit when I want thanks.

Nope, no agenda. All I originally posted was a couple of sentences which said Perez has wanted rid for the last season or so. I added my own opinion that I thought he was shite.

Next thing the likes of yourself and 3 stacks ho ho pile in. Now I know some people here think unless you have over 10000 +ve points you should keep your trap shut and just nod sage like at the so called better judgement of others. That would make life boring and rather defeat the object of a forum.

Now I do not personally think we should be looking at Navas. In my opinion he has too many errors in him. If you do not like my opinion tough. You are entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to mine. And I will continue to post them and reply to any comment that says I am posting shit when I want thanks.

Dont think we should be looking at Navas either really.

Oblak though, we should be doing all we can to sign.

• Upvote 1

LIVERPOOL MAY LOSE TOP TALENT TO GERMANY

English talent appears to be flavour of the month in Germany and Liverpool are said to be fearful of losing one of their top prospects to the Bundesliga.

Rhian Brewster is yet to commit to a professional contract at Anfield and numerous reports suggest a number of German clubs are keen to tempt the striker to the continent.

Borussia Monchengladbach are said to be at the front of the queue but Red Bull Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund are also credited with an interest in the England Under-17 World Cup winner.

Brewster’s decision will reportedly depend on his prospects of first-team football and though Jurgen Klopp will bring him into his senior squad from the start of next season, the teenager’s progress may be blocked by Liverpool’s attacking riches.

The Reds continue to work on Brewster and his representatives but should he opt to move to Germany, Brewster would be treading the path taken by Jadon Sancho, Reece Oxford and Ademola Lookman, who have all taken the opportunity to sample life in the Bundesliga when their Premier League opportunities appeared restricted

Navas isn’t great, he’s a decent keeper helped out by playing for a top team who dominate almost every game they play. He’s made plenty of huge mistakes for a supposed brilliant keeper, mistakes that Mignolet and Karius make and get slaughtered on here for it, out of curiosity how often do the people saying he’s amazing actually watch him?

• Upvote 1

Navas isn’t great, he’s a decent keeper helped out by playing for a top team who dominate almost every game they play. He’s made plenty of huge mistakes for a supposed brilliant keeper, mistakes that Mignolet and Karius make and get slaughtered on here for it, out of curiosity how often do the people saying he’s amazing actually watch him?

Who is saying he is amazing?

He is a good goalkeeper, better than what we have got. But amazing, no.

I haven’t seen us linked with full backs anywhere and Klopp seems amazingly ambivalent about them in light of their importance to our tactical set up. He’s been more than happy to go with an idiot, a child, an unheralded lad from a relegated club, a centre half and a midfielder there over the last two seasons and, despite the brilliance of three of those decisions, I still think we look very light there.

In my view, if we don’t have at least one more player with pace and crossing ability for the full back positions (right back is probably most pressing in my view), we’ll come unstuck in a genuine title challenge. We will have to use full backs very high up the pitch to give us the width to unlock parked bus defences next season and right now we only have Trent and Robbo who can do that consistently and securely.

I suspect Klopp will either not bother or else he’ll sign Sessegnon and ask him to play at both left back and left forward at various times. However, out of interest, which young full backs do any of you hipsters/nerds think would be a good fit for us?

I haven’t seen us linked with full backs anywhere and Klopp seems amazingly ambivalent about them in light of their importance to our tactical set up. He’s been more than happy to go with an idiot, a child, an unheralded lad from a relegated club, a centre half and a midfielder there over the last two seasons and, despite the brilliance of three of those decisions, I still think we look very light there.

In my view, if we don’t have at least one more player with pace and crossing ability for the full back positions (right back is probably most pressing in my view), we’ll come unstuck in a genuine title challenge. We will have to use full backs very high up the pitch to give us the width to unlock parked bus defences next season and right now we only have Trent and Robbo who can do that consistently and securely.

I suspect Klopp will either not bother or else he’ll sign Sessegnon and ask him to play at both left back and left forward at various times. However, out of interest, which young full backs do any of you hipsters/nerds think would be a good fit for us?

Depending on how Clyne’s fitness is I can see us signing a RB and moving Clyne on. If he’s fully fit though and over his issues it’ll be him and TAA next season and it seems as though Moreno’s being offered a new contract and he’ll probably be kept around so Firmino stays happy so it’ll be Robertson and Moreno for LB. Robertson in the big games and the games were meant to dominate and barely defend Moreno will get a game. Unless we sign Sessegnon and he covers LB and LW and Moreno is then fucked off for good.

Although I do see the need for improvements at fullback in the squad, it would be well down my list of priorities. I think both TAA and Robbo have performed very well and I would suggest will only get better after building on this season. Outside of that, backup from Clyne, Gomez, and Moreno. Not ideal, but I'd be addressing several areas of the squad before even thinking about that. RCB, GK, CM/DM, and at least two attackers would come before the fullbacks.

As for Sessegnon... no thanks.