You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAR Thoughts?

Lee909

8 hours ago, an tha said:

So, so much better watching the game and knowing there is no VAR to suck the joy out of the game.

It is sadly here to stay - but I wish, I really wish it fucking wasn't. Although of course the problem is caused by the way the clowns using it choose to use it - but they are here to stay too, so it is never going to get better. 

Even simple stuff like when a player you think is offside. You just look at the lino, the flag is down, so the game is live. Instead of this weird you're never quite sure when the flag will go up and we lose 30 seconds out of the game playing out play that should just be offside and won't be given and we never get that 30 seconds back. 

47 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Even simple stuff like when a player you think is offside. You just look at the lino, the flag is down, so the game is live. Instead of this weird you're never quite sure when the flag will go up and we lose 30 seconds out of the game playing out play that should just be offside and won't be given and we never get that 30 seconds back. 

Yeah spot on.

Football without VAR is just better and more enjoyable.

22 hours ago, Mook said:

Get it fucking scrapped.

We've seen the last few days again how much better the game is without it. There is no defending it.

There will be a lot of defending it if you've got millions tied up in it financially,which is why,in my view,it continues to be supported despite how bad it is.

There is only “millions” in the game because people like me go to the match, subscribe to Sky and TNT, buy merchandise and use Nivea. 

If people like me fall out of love with the game because of VAR those millions disappear. We are more powerful than you might imagine. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Barnesey said:

There is only “millions” in the game because people like me go to the match, subscribe to Sky and TNT, buy merchandise and use Nivea. 

If people like me fall out of love with the game because of VAR those millions disappear. We are more powerful than you might imagine. 

Yes but sadly for every person who takes that stnace there are probably 10 whoppers who will happily take your place at the game and continue with all the other stuff and more.

18 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

What happened to

Firstly Jurgen never "demanded" the game should be replayed. So that was a cunt question from another cunt of a Journo.

As for Kompany, he didn't say a lot wrong there but the issue is making statements like that, it creates a general feeling that human errors should be accepted, which lets PGMOL get away with these things time and time again.

I have said this before, there are fundamental issues in this country with referees and these managers should fight it instead of trying to be pragmatic. Because it will bite them back in the arse, like it is now for Kompany.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Firstly Jurgen never "demanded" the game should be replayed. So that was a cunt question from another cunt of a Journo.

As for Kompany, he didn't say a lot wrong there but the issue is making statements like that, it creates a general feeling that human errors should be accepted, which lets PGMOL get away with these things time and time again.

I have said this before, there are fundamental issues in this country with referees and these managers should fight it instead of trying to be pragmatic. Because it will bite them back in the arse, like it is now for Kompany.

Accepting human error is great until you decide to go on national TV and not accept human error and have a rant about all the times human error has cost you. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Accepting human error is great until you decide to go on national TV and not accept human error and have a rant about all the times human error has cost you. 

Exactly my point. Ange said something similar after our game. 

I never understand why they say these things when it doesn't affect them. Either refuse to comment or say there are fundamental issues. They have a collective responsibility to fight here because it WILL affect them too. Trying to be diplomatic about it when they are not affected during a particular weekend will only keep things the same.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jennings said:

Opinion on VAR is split into two camps. 

Those who think it is more important to get a decision correct. Those who think it's more important to enjoy the sport.

The thing is, the first lot are talking out their arses as we have four and a half years of proof that VAR doesn't necessarily mean getting a decision correct. 

It's the worst of both Worlds.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

"Didn't reach the right outcome"...wrong then, the word you're reaching for is wrong.

Shambles - and way the are talking over each other/shouting - they have learned nothing since the Duaz fiasco.

Clowns

2 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

"Didn't reach the right outcome"...wrong then, the word you're reaching for is wrong.

The game expects a penalty and I agree? So why didn't PGMOL say that at the time instead of weasling around making the body smaller and falling over? They're just fucking cheats. 

• Upvote 1

that bald cunt is the epitome of talking out of your arse. 

i can never quite understand how people, with that level of smarminess, get so far in life. 

it seems anyone with any kind of power in most fields, has that certain level of "weasel" about them, and that cunt has it in spades. Id say his parents even think he's a prick. 

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

One good example among many shite ones.

Even the good example of VAR requires a very shit example of an initial refereeing decision for it to have worth.

• Upvote 1

Nah those are the kind of moments that are difficult to call live. The bigger issue would be when VAR says there was contact so it's not a clear and obvious error. Which would be the Howard Webb approach.