You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

Draxler has gone off the boil a bit but you get the sense there's much more to come from him. I'd be happy if we signed him.

Yeah, but he's one of those players who has been touted as a future world-class player since he was about 18, yet he's now 23 and he's got no goals or assists this season. He hasn't improved at all since he was a teenager and he's now banned from the Wolfsburg squad because his attitude stinks. He's like Gotze, a myth of a player who casual fans cling onto because of his "potential". 

Klopp could probably get in his ear and get a lot out of him because that's what he does and Draxler is very talented, but I think it's a risk and one we probably wouldn't take considering his current production and what his asking price would be.

It's quite the joke that we had a positive net spend in the summer and most probably won't spend in the winter despite literally having no senior attacker on the bench today.

In fact, it's more likely we will sell Sakho and Sturridge*, two arguably world class players and not replace them.

*im really not surprised he has downed tools, given he was completely frozen out the squad all year despite being completely fit since February. He's not blameless, but Klopps handling of him was awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's quite the joke that we had a positive net spend in the summer and most probably won't spend in the winter despite literally having no senior attacker on the bench today.

In fact, it's more likely we will sell Sakho and Sturridge*, two arguably world class players and not replace them.

*im really not surprised he has downed tools, given he was completely frozen out the squad all year despite being completely fit since February. He's not blameless, but Klopps handling of him was awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't be more wrong on everything you said.

Firstly, there is no way we don't buy at least an attacker in January.

Secondly, Sakho and Sturridge aren't even arguably among the top 3-5 players in their respective positions in the league, let alone world-class.

Thirdly, we have been better with Firmino up top than with Sturridge. Should Klopp just start him so as to not hurt his feelings too much? 

• Upvote 1

Couldn't be more wrong on everything you said.

Firstly, there is no way we don't buy at least an attacker in January.

Secondly, Sakho and Sturridge aren't even arguably among the top 3-5 players in their respective positions in the league, let alone world-class.

Thirdly, we have been better with Firmino up top than with Sturridge. Should Klopp just start him so as to not hurt his feelings too much? 

1 - pardon me if I don't have confidence in my club buying players when it needs to. May have something to do with the fact that we regularly haven't done this for years.

2 - world class doesn't necessitate top 5. They are both very capable players - the former captained PSG at a young age and the latter nearly fired us to a title (and is IMO in the top three strikers in the league).

3 - when you are 3-0 up, and you leave sturridge on the bench until the 85th minute, you're taking the fucking piss. When you constantly bring on Origi, who frankly is shit tinted with mediocre, as opposed to Sturridge, you're taking the piss. I have no qualms with us making Sturridge force his way into the side, but he was totally frozen out and not given any minutes...even when we were comfortably leading games.

Guest Pistonbroke

There is no point debating how good Sturridge is because he hardly ever plays. You are lucky if he plays more than half a season and even when he does play he needs to be eased back in to stop him getting injured and being our for longer.

Exactly, his head is elsewhere and has been for some time. I only hope that some daft fucker believes shelling out 15-20 million on him is a good idea. He can fuck off.