You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Burning Question: Where will we finish?

tlw content

I fucking hate this aiming for fourth place shit. If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing, remember.

And I fucking hate this "if you think we're going to finish fifth, then it means you are satisfied with that" shit.

How is it so hard for people to tell the difference between "Where do you think we will finish?" and "Where do you hope we will finish?"

• Upvote 1

6th. To get 4th we'd need all of the new players to instantly gel which won't happen. We're gonna start the Stoke game with potentially 5 new players who haven't played together before in a competitive game. That's a shit load of change.

It'll take us a dozen games to get up to speed and for Rodge to find his best team/formation. By then we will have dropped a shit load of points.

6th. To get 4th we'd need all of the new players to instantly gel which won't happen. We're gonna start the Stoke game with potentially 5 new players who haven't played together before in a competitive game. That's a shit load of change.

It'll take us a dozen games to get up to speed and for Rodge to find his best team/formation. By then we will have dropped a shit load of points.

We are always in transition aren't we

• 9 months later...

Next season? Champions.

Watch as a balanced and hungry team emerges this summer. Klopp will have them playing for him and for the shirt. With no European football they will be better prepared for each league game. It won't quite be 38 cup finals, as it's impossible to have that big match feel for every league game, but that's what Klopp will be demanding. The fans can make a real difference too - OK, the final against Sevilla didn't work out, but what about knocking Man Utd out and Dortmund too? The fans really helped those nights happen.

I can't wait to see it all unfold, but I think we've got a chance.

Champions.

I was very positive when we appointed Klopp. I think he's not only a great manager but the best we'd get by a country mile in the supposed new football world order.

Id hoped the club would push the boat out regarding quality transfers. Nothing stupid or over the top but clearly that's not going to happen. No doubt the lack of european football will not help and I admire Klopp's stance of not being interested in players who put european football ahead of signing for the club.

But, its a sad reflection on football today that many so called top players think that way.

I want to say I think we'll finish in the top 4 but based on current signings, think 5th is going to be more likely. Even then, we'll need to be very focused.

Next season? Champions.

Watch as a balanced and hungry team emerges this summer. Klopp will have them playing for him and for the shirt. With no European football they will be better prepared for each league game. It won't quite be 38 cup finals, as it's impossible to have that big match feel for every league game, but that's what Klopp will be demanding. The fans can make a real difference too - OK, the final against Sevilla didn't work out, but what about knocking Man Utd out and Dortmund too? The fans really helped those nights happen.

I can't wait to see it all unfold, but I think we've got a chance.

Champions.

A man of the cloth hitting the crackpipe this early in the day? For shame, G.

Fair play for your positivity, mate.

• Upvote 1

I think conte could take a season or two to get used to the PL as well.

Hopefully but I do think Chelsea have a really good squad that simply downed tools last season. Theyre also bound to sign a few very good players, not kids from Bulgaria that might be good but top class proven internationals.

We should be aiming to win it this season. Leicester showed there's never any excuse for a lack of ambition. All depends on who we buy though. Realistically I'd guess 3rd once we've turfed a few of the bums out and hopefully have some proper players coming in.

Im sure we will be aiming to win it. Would love it if we could pull it off. But you just know some people will attempt to denigrate it if we did because we werent in Europe.

Last time I checked, you had to be top after 38 league games and european results dont count.

Hopefully but I do think Chelsea have a really good squad that simply downed tools last season. Theyre also bound to sign a few very good players, not kids from Bulgaria that might be good but top class proven internationals.

Yeah I wouldnt disagree with that. Im just hoping conte does find it difficult and we can take advantage.

Im sure we will be aiming to win it. Would love it if we could pull it off. But you just know some people will attempt to denigrate it if we did because we werent in Europe.

Last time I checked, you had to be top after 38 league games and european results dont count.

We're probably one of if not the most hated teams in the league. Of course people would attempt to denigrate it.

All the more reason to go out and win it. We shouldn't be playing for fourth as in previous years.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

We should be aiming to win it this season. Leicester showed there's never any excuse for a lack of ambition. All depends on who we buy though. Realistically I'd guess 3rd once we've turfed a few of the bums out and hopefully have some proper players coming in.

Love to be wrong but can't see this at all. Going to take at least next summer before Klopp has built a proper team/squad.

We'll have too many wasters left in the squad going into next season.