You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

The running man is average at number 6. and average as an 8. Basically he is like Milner, not above average in anything but clocking kilometers. No winning mentality, good at yabbing though. Head down when it matters.

Squad player at best. Any decent coach would have made him a fullback early in his career, but typically for coaches in England then and probably many places still, also including England. Running and kicking is good, at underage levels. Still is. Worthless if not developed beyond that come senior time.

Would have made an above average fullback maybe even a good one.

Like Sturridge is our nest striker. Pretty useless when never fit

Unlike Sturridge, he's actually fit for the majority of our games. Time will tell if this heel issue is going to be a long term problem.

Plus Sturridge isn't even any use when fit anymore, you'd need a time machine to call him our best forward

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I think I must be watching a different game to the rest of you. He do fills in a lot of gaps left by the overly attacking strategy employed. He has fantastic energy and often prevents counter attacks developing. His passing is often conservative but he keeps the ball. And he actually does create a fair bit from his deep role.

We miss him clearly and I'm not sure it will be easy to upgrade him if it proves necessary.

And I'm not sure what you expect from a Captain. He is vocal, stands up to refs and the opposition and has undertaken this role for every team he has played for - including his country. That suggests those closer to the squad than any of us feel he has something to offer as a skipper.

I suspect many on here feel it makes them look a good judge to slag off players. "Look what I have seen that you morons haven't". It always disappoints me - I support the shirt - and I'd rather be positive, without being blinkered, where possible.

I just don't agree with most of that, but I respect your right to your view.  

I don't think he's great captain material - he doesn't even stand up to his own players, let alone the opposition.  He has good energy, but so do lots of other players..  He doesn't stop many counter attacks, as his habit of running alongside opponents who have the ball doesn't really hold them up.  He doesn't read the game particularly well, and tries to compensate for this by standing further behind the play than you would ideally like to see.  

He has been an integral part of some of our worst performances this year as well as some of our best.  Keeping the ball is precisely what he doesn't do when he comes under pressure - he offloads as early as possible, and doesn't seem to care too much about putting his teammates in worse difficulty as long as he doesn't have to accept the responsibility.  It's his most annoying trait, and it betrays a lack of courage imo.  

My biggest frustration with him is that he just doesn't seem to have improved since we bought him, though to contradict that slightly, before his most recent layoff he'd had a few really good games for us, even if the results weren't great.  

To conclude, he's not shite, he's just not all that.

• Upvote 2

I like him, even though he's woefully lacking in technical quality and agility at times. At least I never get put to sleep watching him, like I do Can or Wijnaldum.

I don't know how you can sleep watching Can.  Quite apart from his rugged good looks, he'll be sublime one minute and the next (and usually more) he's lost concentration, or he's had a colossal brainfart of some sort.  

And as for the other lad, you can while away a good few minutes playing 'Where's Wijny'

• Upvote 1

Can's the best of the 3 without a doubt, with the most potential and crucially the most bollocks.

Best looking maybe. Can's never had a consistent stretch of good form for us.

You could count on your fingers how many good games he's had this season. Has been playing with an injury apparently tbf

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

I think Can clearly has the most potential, but we currently get a mixture of 8/10 and 4/10 performances from him. We get 6/10 from Henderson every week.

Difficult to know what Klopp really wants from his midfielders, because they all appear to be a bit shite really.

I think Can clearly has the most potential, but we currently get a mixture of 8/10 and 4/10 performances from him. We get 6/10 from Henderson every week.

Difficult to know what Klopp really wants from his midfielders, because they all appear to be a bit shite really.[/quote

Can normally does that in the same game.

I rate Can, I really do. I've thought he looked to have amazing potential from one of his first pre season friendlies. I hadn't really seen or heard that much about him at the time and I saw him and his size and thought he was going to be a bit of kicker then he shouldered someone off the ball turned with it, done a drag back and a few step overs and drove up the pitch with it. I think he had too long with Rodgers playing him left, right and centre back and it sort of stunted his development for a while. Then a Klopp came in and he had a class second half of last season.

This year though like a few have said he's had an injury that's affected him but the crucial thing is he still played every week and he still showed for the ball and got involved despite playing dreadful for half a season. He's captain material for me, you don't get in post World Cup winning German squads if you can't play a bit. He's reaping the rewards at the moment for digging in for the team when he's been injured/shite. He's got a lot more potential than Henderson has.

Difficult to know what Klopp really wants from his midfielders, because they all appear to be a bit shite really.

Can normally does that in the same game.

I rate Can, I really do. I've thought he looked to have amazing potential from one of his first pre season friendlies. I hadn't really seen or heard that much about him at the time and I saw him and his size and thought he was going to be a bit of kicker then he shouldered someone off the ball turned with it, done a drag back and a few step overs and drove up the pitch with it. I think he had too long with Rodgers playing him left, right and centre back and it sort of stunted his development for a while. Then a Klopp came in and he had a class second half of last season.

This year though like a few have said he's had an injury that's affected him but the crucial thing is he still played every week and he still showed for the ball and got involved despite playing dreadful for half a season. He's captain material for me, you don't get in post World Cup winning German squads if you can't play a bit. He's reaping the rewards at the moment for digging in for the team when he's been injured/shite. He's got a lot more potential than Henderson has.

it is when you take a player or two out of it...the drop off is way too steep.

Therefore the problem is not any single player,its the lack of good quality cover,which is difficult to purchase. How do you sign a good quality midfielder and convince him to be prepared to get splinters in his arse for most of the season? When United lost Keane or Scholes they replaced him with Nicky Butt and when Arsenal lost Viera or Pires they replaced them with Ray Parlour,that drop off happens with many teams,even great ones.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)