You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Im still fit and more than capable of serving, so I'm never getting 'driven out of my homeland' I'll stand and fight cheers!

FINALLY!  njackets is revealed as a comedy character someone has made up!

giphy.gif

"I could probably still complete the Krypton Factor assault course, so I'd twat any drone that tries to blow my house up!"

• Upvote 1

James Melville ‏@JamesMelville
"We want our country back" - but, we have given our country away. #Brexit

CvNAH7mW8AAQxa7.jpg

Considering the EU did fuck all to prevent any of this happening or even could do, your point is a pointless irrelevance. But don't fret; you're in good company with those on this thread who think refugees are all decent people, think none of them lie, none of them are violent and if they are violent you can't blame them or criticise them for it, who think they're all fleeing tyrrany and that none are economic refugees. Who think all Brexiteers are racists, who think Tory=evil and Labour=good.

There are a lot of dangerously naive people on this thread and thank fuck they've not got power and their party isn't likely to have either.

• Downvote 1

French presidential front running candidate, Alain Juppé, is beating the rip up the La Touquet agreement drum even louder.

The UK border could effectively be pushed back to Dover, with the folks in Calais not being stopped from getting on ferries etc.

Still, at least we'll be controlling our own borders again.

Well if that happens then you stringently check the credentials of those getting on to the ferries.  Too smart a move for you?

Well if that happens then you stringently check the credentials of those getting on to the ferries. Too smart a move for you?

Who does? Do the French have to do what we tell them? Do private companies?

Will they just say they will then not do it as stringently as the UKBA presence previously in France would have?

Not to mention the delays these stringent checks would possibly cause.

Yeah, it's all so straight forward....

French presidential front running candidate, Alain Juppé, is beating the rip up the La Touquet agreement drum even louder.

The UK border could effectively be pushed back to Dover, with the folks in Calais not being stopped from getting on ferries etc.

Still, at least we'll be controlling our own borders again.

We have taken our country back

Political-Leaders-Respond-To-The-UKs-EU-

Considering the EU did fuck all to prevent any of this happening or even could do, your point is a pointless irrelevance. 

Why would the EU prevent any of this from happening? If it did interfere Leaver's would be the first to complain.

So you're saying that because the EU hasn't actually been interfering and hasn't intervened (because it has no jurisdiction or mandate to do so) on major social and economic decisions we have taken as a nation over the last 30 years it deserves criticism for not doing so? I thought this was all about 'taking back control' from the EU?

Could it be that many of the people who voted for leave have simply been taken in by the very same national politicians who have spent 40 years blaming the EU for decisions that have been taken solely at a national level?

• Upvote 1

Considering the EU did fuck all to prevent any of this happening or even could do, your point is a pointless irrelevance. But don't fret; you're in good company with those on this thread who think refugees are all decent people, think none of them lie, none of them are violent and if they are violent you can't blame them or criticise them for it, who think they're all fleeing tyrrany and that none are economic refugees. Who think all Brexiteers are racists, who think Tory=evil and Labour=good.

There are a lot of dangerously naive people on this thread and thank fuck they've not got power and their party isn't likely to have either.

Melt.

A bunch of simplistic generalisations from a man who voted for the greatest simplistic generalisation of recent times

At least your idiocy is consistent in form

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

No mate you're never going to catch me terrorising lorry drivers, randonly throwing bricks or breaking into the backs either.

Im still fit and more than capable of serving, so I'm never getting 'driven out of my homeland' I'll stand and fight cheers!

2E715BDE00000578-3319036-image-a-29_1447

Guest Pistonbroke

1820400c5be8830a7512d8e0fbf44fc3_400x400

You cannot really be this stupid.

I thought the EU interfered too much? Which one is it?

Who does? Do the French have to do what we tell them? Do private companies?

Will they just say they will then not do it as stringently as the UKBA presence previously in France would have?

Not to mention the delays these stringent checks would possibly cause.

Yeah, it's all so straight forward....

Delays my arse.  Turn up a bit earlier and accept that security checks are necessary.

And yes, the Frence ferry operators would implement the checks they are told to implement or they would face massive fines. 

• Downvote 1

You cannot really be this stupid.

I thought the EU interfered too much? Which one is it?

Fucking hell Vlady - I despair for you sometimes.

Let me explain what is the very simple point I was making:

Whoever created and/or posted that list was clearly doing it from an anti-Brexit vote perspective.  The thing is, the EU were nothing to do with anything* on the list.  They were more to do with the incompetence of successive governments and industrial leaders. So, what I'm saying is that the creator and poster are resorting to any ANY old nonsense and shite to support their anti-Brexit stance, even to the point of spouting something that is actually neither pro- or anti-EU but has been bizarrely slanted to sound anti-Brexit, thereby weakening their overall position because they are showing how unreasoned their arguments are.

Do you get it now?

And for those who would say "Ah ha, the list shows that you can't trust this government with Brexit because look at all the incompetence on this list" I would say that the hand of Labour and it's incompetence is all over that list too. If you still insist that the list is a relevant point then by extension your argument is that we as a nation are unfit to govern ourselves. Which is what a lot of you seem to think anyway, bloody doomsayers.

*I would certainly argue that the EU freedom of movement principle has very much contributed to the both the shortage of housing stock and the problems in our schools of lack of places.

• Downvote 1

Fucking hell Vlady - I despair for you sometimes.

Let me explain what is the very simple point I was making:

Whoever created and/or posted that list was clearly doing it from an anti-Brexit vote perspective. The thing is, the EU were nothing to do with anything* on the list. They were more to do with the incompetence of successive governments and industrial leaders. So, what I'm saying is that the creator and poster are resorting to any ANY old nonsense and shite to support their anti-Brexit stance, even to the point of spouting something that is actually neither pro- or anti-EU but has been bizarrely slanted to sound anti-Brexit, thereby weakening their overall position because they are showing how unreasoned their arguments are.

Do you get it now?

And for those who would say "Ah ha, the list shows that you can't trust this government with Brexit because look at all the incompetence on this list" I would say that the hand of Labour and it's incompetence is all over that list too. If you still insist that the list is a relevant point then by extension your argument is that we as a nation are unfit to govern ourselves. Which is what a lot of you seem to think anyway, bloody doomsayers.

*I would certainly argue that the EU freedom of movement principle has very much contributed to the both the shortage of housing stock and the problems in our schools of lack of places.

And you'd be wrong. But carry on anyway.

Instead of looking how the funds required to provide adequate infrastructure are sluiced off into the pockets of the rich and powerful.  Funds that are provided by immigrants as well as natives.  You know, those nasty immigrants who generate more money for this country than they cost?  So, your view is completely wrong.  The government should be using that money to pay for infrastructure to support the increase in demand.  They'd still be up on the deal.  But, no, that would mean diverting the money from their friends pockets to being used to providing schools and hospitals, teachers, nurses and policemen.  Heaven forbid.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke

Instead of looking how the funds required to provide adequate infrastructure are sluiced off into the pockets of the rich and powerful.  Funds that are provided by immigrants as well as natives.  You know, those nasty immigrants who generate more money for this country than they cost?  So, your view is completely wrong.  The government should be using that money to pay for infrastructure to support the increase in demand.  They'd still be up on the deal.  But, no, that would mean diverting the money from their friends pockets to being used to providing schools and hospitals, teachers, nurses and policemen.  Heaven forbid.

Exactly, unfortunately wasted on the likes of Chappie. 

Ah yes, back to that one. Immigrants generate more money than they cost. Ignoring for a moment that there are varying reports which, on average, say the cost balance is equitable, we're back to one of the main Remain arguments. The amount of money immigrants generate.  A lot of people who voted Leave are people who have not benefited by a single penny from this extra money they've generated. Instead they have had to see their communities change massively, against their wishes.

So, you carry on ignoring and berating the opinions of those who are affected most by mass immigration - you keep concentrating on the money. Which - oh look! - makes you a lot more tory than you would like to think you are. 

• Downvote 1

I took the kids down to Legoland at the weekend, and bizarrely found myself trying extra hard to speak to anyone slightly foreign looking when queuing for the rides. Spoke to some nice people, one in particular who was a doctor.

Not sure why I felt like that, but I think I actually feel a bit sorry for them living in this country at the moment. Can't be easy going about your daily life knowing you've got people looking down their nose at you, basically blaming you for all society's ills.

Ah yes, back to that one. Immigrants generate more money than they cost. Ignoring for a moment that there are varying reports which, on average, say the cost balance is equitable, we're back to one of the main Remain arguments. The amount of money immigrants generate.  A lot of people who voted Leave are people who have not benefited by a single penny from this extra money they've generated. Instead they have had to see their communities change massively, against their wishes.

So, you carry on ignoring and berating the opinions of those who are affected most by mass immigration - you keep concentrating on the money. Which - oh look! - makes you a lot more tory than you would like to think you are.

They've seen their community change? How? Because there are people with different skin colours and languages and religions? And the poor poppets can't cope with that? Let's put the £350m a week savings into time travel and send the cunts back to the 1950's

Fuck them, they are the past

I took the kids down to Legoland at the weekend, and bizarrely found myself trying extra hard to speak to anyone slightly foreign looking when queuing for the rides. Spoke to some nice people, one in particular who was a doctor.

Not sure why I felt like that, but I think I actually feel a bit sorry for them living in this country at the moment. Can't be easy going about your daily life knowing you've got people looking down their nose at you, basically blaming you for all society's ills.

Was this the bloke?

s-l1000.jpg

• Upvote 5