You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner; £165,000 P/W

5 minutes ago, Bernard Diomede said:

It worries me that there is zero talk of a new contract for big games James. Worries me greatly. 

It's a funny situation. He's not getting any younger and there's no way we'll renew his current wage but I really want him to stay, I imagine he'll be weighing up his options as he'll have many.

21 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Win the league - go back to Leeds

It wouldn't quite be as spectacular as Super Dirk's title-sealing hat-trick (as you do!) to finish his career, but it'd be a great way for him to bow out, all the same. 

21 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Isn’t there talk of him having an agreement with Klopp he’ll sign for Leeds in the summer if they’re promoted? 

This has given me an even bigger reason to hope they don't come up. The PL is just fine without them  

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46946865

James Milner: Liverpool player sent off by his former PE teacher Jon Moss

By Mandeep Sanghera

BBC Sport

A photo of Jon Moss with the football team in which James Milner played
A photo of Jon Moss with the football team in which James Milner, holding the ball, played

PE teachers often get credit for kick-starting the careers of sporting stars but James Milner might be not be singing the platitudes of his ex-tutor.

The Liverpool player was sent off against Crystal Palace by referee Jon Moss, who was Milner's PE teacher at Westbrook Lane Primary School in Leeds.

The midfielder, 33, was dismissed late on after picking up a second yellow card for a foul on Wilfried Zaha.

Nevertheless, the Reds held on to win 4-3 and stay top of the league.

Milner played the game against Palace as an emergency right-back rather than his usual midfield role because of injuries.

He walked straight down the tunnel after his challenge on Zaha as he appeared to know Moss was about to give him his marching orders.

Afterwards, a picture on social media emerged which showed Moss with the youth team in which Milner played. The Premier League has confirmed the photo is genuine.

Moss taught Milner about 20 years ago and recalls him as being a talented sportsman and good at cricket too.

Milner will miss Liverpool's game against Leicester City following his dismissal.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Hard coming into a derby game off the bench. He looked leggy today though. 

You can go back a lot longer than today for him looking leggy.   Offering fuck all in midfield. 

I'll be glad when Leeds come up. 

• Downvote 2

i think he's lost his rhythm and confidence since we played him at full back. he was having a good season till that point, although there's not doubt he was better at the start of the season. to be honest, as he doesn't play international football, I have no issue with the idea we have some players that play in the early part of the season with a full pre-season behind them and allowing others to come into it later in the year, having gained some rest in the early part of the year. the issue comes when perhaps milner is dipping off and we are still running with him. but here's the big thing for me ... Keita, he's shown very little form all season and I feel certain we'd have a lot less milner if Keita had been more upn to the job so far. 

Keita not coming through quickly has been a massive problem this season as I think the £50m or so we invested in him was supposed to solve the midfield creativity problem by having him run at and commit defenders.  Maybe now is the time to turn to him either as a starter or as the regular 60 minute sub if we're not winning.  

7 minutes ago, aws said:

Keita not coming through quickly has been a massive problem this season as I think the £50m or so we invested in him was supposed to solve the midfield creativity problem by having him run at and commit defenders.  Maybe now is the time to turn to him either as a starter or as the regular 60 minute sub if we're not winning.  

Sit two in midfield and just let him go at it.