You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

He will get a chance in the remainder of the season whether some fans like it or not.

He shouldn't be thrown straight in to the starting line up but bring him on as a sub when Sturridge plays and let's see how he does with a bit of space.

He looked better against Chelsea playing deeper even though a lot didn't acknowledge it, let him build his confidence coming on as a sub and he will improve.

Sturridge laid a lot of goals on a plate for Suarez and his presence on the pitch helped Suarez, Balotelli will benefit as well and if given a fair chance and is not written off after any game where he doesn't score he will improve and be useful for the squad.

Balotelli was garbage when he came on against Chelsea.

He linked up well a couple of times but was at fault for the goal with a sloppy pass for Lucas.

He had a good chance to hit the target from the centre of goal and blammed it into row Z. 

He got the ball in a good position out wide left and had 2 players to aim at in the box and he shot again into row Z from a fucking ridiculous angle. 

Also when we had the ball in a good position just outside Chelsea's box he stopped running and watched as Sterling as had no options in front of him.

He also didn't put anywhere near enough running or pressing for coming on a sub. Every other player ran themselves into the ground that night.

Your standards of what is acceptable from Balotelli seem to be what Hodgson did when he was here of lowering expectations.

Sturridge came on a sub at the weekend and scored and linked up well. Thats the standard he should be judged at.

Balotelli was garbage when he came on against Chelsea.

He linked up well a couple of times but was at fault for the goal with a sloppy pass for Lucas.

He had a good chance to hit the target from the centre of goal and blammed it into row Z.

He got the ball in a good position out wide left and had 2 players to aim at in the box and he shot again into row Z from a fucking ridiculous angle.

Also when we had the ball in a good position just outside Chelsea's box he stopped running and watched as Sterling as had no options in front of him.

He also didn't put anywhere near enough running or pressing for coming on a sub. Every other player ran themselves into the ground that night.

Your standards of what is acceptable from Balotelli seem to be what Hodgson did when he was here of lowering expectations.

Sturridge came on a sub at the weekend and scored and linked up well. Thats the standard he should be judged at.

It was his second appearance in two months, he wasted two shots and misplaced a pass.

I wasn't expecting him to come on and win the game by himself when his confidence is clearly low and he hardly kicked a ball in weeks.

He was better in that game then most of the previous games he played for us, he ran past a group of Chelsea players a couple of times including azpilicuelta who I have heard labeled as the best defender in the league and someone who hardly ever gets beaten by players.

Sturridge is a better player, I won't argue otherwise but I don't judge everyone by his standards as I view him as up there with the very best, the last two summers I have said I'd rather lose Suarez turn sturrudge.

Edit, I also can't agree his pressing wasn't good enough, he didn't chase lost causes but he went for every ball where there was a chance he could get it.

Borini and Lambert are not good enough, Balotelli has shown he can get goals and it might be helpful putting him in the position he got those goals.

He could be brought on when we are winning or when the ams are not performing, if he improves then he can start thinking about starting if not then there are no excuses for him and he'll be sold in the summer.

Balotelli has not shown that he can score more goals than Lambert in this league in 4 years. Stop looking for things that are clearly not there.

• 2 weeks later...

2 winners in 3 games and an assist for the winner in t'other.

But the media cant resist trying to beat him up. The penalty thing is a non-story - we need decision makers on the pitch - anyone else would be lauded.

SG needs to keep out of the media till he has gone.