Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 462 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

3 hours ago, Johnlj said:

I've finished the first episode of Tiger king and it was boring as fuck. Heard you need to get by the first couple of episodes and then it picks up immensely. I just don't see it. Is it worth persisting with ?

It's fucking shite mate unless you fancy spending 7hrs or whatever it is watching a load of halfwits bitching about each other.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mook said:

It's fucking shite mate unless you fancy spending 7hrs or whatever it is watching a load of halfwits bitching about each other.

Far easy to just browse this place if that's what you want to see.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Mook said:

Yeah just waste 7 hours on here reading halfwits like me bitching with each other instead. Your arse is most famous for its cameo role in Interstellar. 

I enjoyed Tiger King in a "what the fuck" kind of way. It genuinely got more "what the fuck" as it went on. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Elite said:

Just started watching Mad Men but am a bit undecided on it. Is it worth the investment?

I think it’s great, it’s very slow so not for everyone. I’d give it a few episodes but don’t expect fireworks it’s not that kind of show.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Elite said:

Just started watching Mad Men but am a bit undecided on it. Is it worth the investment?

I think you need to just try a couple as it is a bit marmite. The wife loved it , I was bored pretty quickly.

• Upvote 1

Just now, sir roger said:

I think you need to just try a couple as it is a bit marmite. The wife loved it , I was bored pretty quickly.

I tried it myself some years back and got bored too. That January Jones was something stunning in it though.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I tried it myself some years back and got bored too. That January Jones was something stunning in it though.

Aye she's a honey , and from memory there was another lady in it with a very impressive chest.

Just started watching The Shield. Mainly after hearing great things about it on here. Only one episode in so I hope it lives up to the hype. The main detective character seems like a really unlikable cunt. 

Yellowstone, 7/10. 

Not great but just about good enough. Plot is over the top a bit, I didn't know that doing business in Montana comes with a huge body count. There are many other problems too, too often things happen out of the blue and than lead nowhere. Dynasty or Dallas that wants to be Fargo.

Dialogue is also much too heavy, every other sentence a peace of folksy wisdom or some deep truth. Sounds like a country music lyricists association has been commissioned to provide it.

A heads up, everyone. Jessica Fletcher is on the Sony Channel at the moment, followed by Charlie’s Angels and M*A*S*H.  Double bill of The Professionals and The Sweeney on ITV4.

• Upvote 1

We started to watch Tiger King last night, got about 3/4 of the way through the first episode and she declared it shit and didn't want to watch it.

So we started looking for a different boxset when she announced she'd never seen Narcos. Fucking result.

Bloodline

Great cast, but they've taken a 3 or 4 hour story and stretched it out to 13 hours.

Ridiculous. (And only made more ridiculous by showing the ending at the start.)

I quit after 5 hours. Figured it was almost over, checked to see how many more episodes and decided there was no way I was going to make it through another 8 hours of that, CV lockdown or no CV lockdown.

Switched to "Kingdom" which I loved.

Excellent in every respect, story, acting, sets, costumes, etc. Particularly enjoyed the two female leads.

Finished Ozark series 3, really enjoyable again, I mean you have to suspend belief & Wendy is annoying as fuck but there's always something going on & has some decent characters. Great ending too.

Definitely one of the best things on Netflix.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Mook said:

Finished Ozark series 3, really enjoyable again, I mean you have to suspend belief & Wendy is annoying as fuck but there's always something going on & has some decent characters. Great ending too.

Need to start series 3. Got bored a lot in series 2. Is 3 better? Tommy from Power is in it ...

47 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Done the first three series of Always Sunny in Philadelphia now. Should have been watching this years ago, it’s superb. Only 11 series left until I’m up to speed. 

You’re in for a treat

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Need to start series 3. Got bored a lot in series 2. Is 3 better? Tommy from Power is in it ...

I think series 3 is better but can't really remember much about the 2nd one to be honest, even the recap didn't help.

9 hours ago, Mook said:

I'm about to dig into Ozark at some point today. 

On 01/04/2020 at 12:02, Redder Lurtz said:

Murder 24/7 Excellent. 

Smashed the first 7 episodes of Mindhunter last night. Very, very good. 

Shame Mindhunter only gets one more series. Three seasons is way to little. It's an awesome show.