You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

I know events were overshadowed by Gerard's departure today, but Rodgers has nowhere to hide from the inept squad he has assembled over the last three years. We just cannot cope with pace and power as our frailties were exposed by an average side today. Rodgers has got to get rid of some of his signings and replace them with better players this summer, which I imagine would be his last chance here if he doesn't do a considerably better job.

He can fuck off. I don't care if you think this isn't the way Liverpool fans are meant to be. This isn't the way a Liverpool manager is meant to be. All last season I was shouting that without SAS we would be shite, Henderson? Honest but not good enough. Allen? Honest but not good enough. Full backs? None. Centre backs? Dodgy. Strikers? None. No. 10s? Loads with no idea how to utilise them. I could go on. Sick of him, he's a multimillionaire so I'm sure he'll survive and so will our reputation as the greatest supporters the world has ever seen coz we stick by our managers bollix. If the team is not winning it is the managers fault. If the players aren't good enough it's the managers fault. If a manager is brought in because he can compete with teams with more money and he can't, it's the managers fault. Etc.

Crystal palace were better than us today and I wasn't surprised. He's been a lucky fucker for a couple of years but his luck has run out.

Bolasie is a player who is most effective in a counter-attacking side. Put him in a team where the initiative is always on them to make the play and try to break down packed defences and he will look a lot less effective. If we have any ambition at all, we want to be a side that is considered to be amongst the best and always expected to challenge for and win things. Those sort of sides have to take the initiative in games and not simply sit back and then counter with pace. Adding Bolasie to a squad that always contends for honours is merely adding a different option to a squad. Adding him to a squad where everybody is looking around wondering how to take the initiative (like us for example) will do neither him nor them any favours.

I know events were overshadowed by Gerard's departure today, but Rodgers has nowhere to hide from the inept squad he has assembled over the last three years. We just cannot cope with pace and power as our frailties were exposed by an average side today. Rodgers has got to get rid of some of his signings and replace them with better players this summer, which I imagine would be his last chance here if he doesn't do a considerably better job.

No. Rodgers has to be got rid of.

• Upvote 1

I'm not going to call him a fraud or other names- he is a Liverpool manager, and all Liverpool managers deserve a degree of respect (except Hodgson).

I think he probably is a good youth coach.

However, he talks too much. His teeth are too white.

He can't set up a team to defend.

He may not have been responsible for all the transfers, but has to take some responsibility.

I don't think he's getting the best out of the group that does have.

There is no discernible pattern of play. The players are not technically good enough to play pretty passes, keep possession and probe away like Barcelona (or even Arsenal). If we want to play on the break, only Sterling has real pace, and we aren't strong enough defensively to soak up pressure. When we do get width from the fullbacks, there is no one in the middle for them to cross to. Even when there is, it looks like they have been told not to cross the ball. We were bailed out last year by flashes of genius and getting the first goal more often than not. I just don't see what he is trying to do this season.

We have a team of midget pussies with no balls. We get outmuscled and outjumped by everybody.

I don't see much hope for next season, as I think we shot our load with the Suarez cash this season. However, as a fan I reserve the right to have blind hope despite all evidence to the contrary. If we can lure a top class goalscorer and a bit of muscle in midfield, maybe things will be better, even with Brendan.

I'd feel a bit more positive with a new man in charge. If Klopp / Rafa are available, the owners should at least be talking to them. Ancelotti is probably out of our league at the moment.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm not going to call him a fraud or other names- he is a Liverpool manager, and all Liverpool managers deserve a degree of respect (except Hodgson).

I think he probably is a good youth coach.

However, he talks too much. His teeth are too white.

He can't set up a team to defend.

He may not have been responsible for all the transfers, but has to take some responsibility.

I don't think he's getting the best out of the group that does have.

There is no discernible pattern of play. The players are not technically good enough to play pretty passes, keep possession and probe away like Barcelona (or even Arsenal). If we want to play on the break, only Sterling has real pace, and we aren't strong enough defensively to soak up pressure. When we do get width from the fullbacks, there is no one in the middle for them to cross to. Even when there is, it looks like they have been told not to cross the ball. We were bailed out last year by flashes of genius and getting the first goal more often than not. I just don't see what he is trying to do this season.

We have a team of midget pussies with no balls. We get outmuscled and outjumped by everybody.

I don't see much hope for next season, as I think we shot our load with the Suarez cash this season. However, as a fan I reserve the right to have blind hope despite all evidence to the contrary. If we can lure a top class goalscorer and a bit of muscle in midfield, maybe things will be better, even with Brendan.

I'd feel a bit more positive with a new man in charge. If Klopp / Rafa are available, the owners should at least be talking to them. Ancelotti is probably out of our league at the moment.

We had defensive frailties under the King, Benitez, Ged and Evans. Its not new.

Give it a rest.

Tony knows.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

And got to two cup finals winning one and having an equaliser wrongly ruled out in the other.

Logic? He wanted Curbishley that is a fact.

He wanted Hodgson that is a fact.

He wanted Keane that is a fact.

He said Joe Cole has as much skill as Messi that is a fact.

He rates Houllier a better manager than Benitez that is a fact.

So no when it comes to his opinion I tend to take it with a huge dose of salt.

So what if Rodgers wasn't in the CL what was stopping him from having a run in the Cup in his first season?

Oh that would be the stupid fucking tactic of playing four attackers against Oldham and no fucking midfield.

Or what about going out in the carling cup to Swansea in a match we were lucky to lose only 3-1 at Anfield.

Haha. Whack a mole. Superb.

He can't top or tail. He can't attract the best players and, contrary to the club's desperate hype, he also can't even make his own young players rush to sign new contracts. And one of his own old players, Garry Monk, has surpassed his achievements at Swansea with a noticeably more pragmatic, disciplined and - thank god - quiet approach. 

• Upvote 2

We had defensive frailties under the King, Benitez, Ged and Evans. Its not new.

Tony knows.

Beg to differ. Ged's teams were strong defensively. In fact we relied on Owen's speed on the counter.

I remember Ferguson complaining about how we had too many 6 footers in the team and were too physical- those were the days.

Benitez's teams were also pretty good defensively.

I know those teams had off days, but at least you could see what they were trying to do.

Anyway, opinions.